Summer Break 2013

Guest James Martin

Always look forward to the 5* episode for the summer break but this year I've been a bit disappointed. It's like they didn't put a lot of thought into it. Surely the character whose episode it is should be in the episode more than other characters, and surely they should be given an episode that was one of their better ones. Like someone said earlier Noah's episode was awful, they could have chosen so many and they chose that one. And Casey's episode just recently, he was hardly in it. There have been loads where he's the central character.

It also annoys me when they put an episode on that continued onto the next day, we get into the episode and then can't watch the next one. Nicole and Geoff on the island, Martha and Jacks wedding etc. Maybe next year they should pick a collection of episodes and play them each week?? Or would that be too hard for them!!

Ok, rant over... I guess we should be grateful that we get anything at all!!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doubt it - see my above post which lists out till No.2....I think Brax will take top spot as people would have voted for him in the top 25...anyway will find out in a couple o hours....ive been watching Kate's return as OZ pace and you will absolutely love (I hope lol!) the acting and storyline when it hits the UK, in comparison to the crime dread :)

Just checked - Brax is apparently the sexiest! (but even if we were voting top 25 sexiest, brax wouldnt be in my top 25:p)....so no Shane/Vinnie.....what I don't get is that they put in so much effort to find good episodes for the 24th anniversary (2 episodes from 1988, 1989, 1990 etc) and then the following year, it came to this?!

Actually I quite liked last nights and it was BRB's!!!! I agree with suz22 about the episode being shown having a good follow on and we don't get to see it, like last nights being the eve of Amanda's wedding then the big reveal on the day. It was good seeing the flat over the old Diner again, quite a few people stayed there at various times. Had Martha and Jack been dating and broken up or hadn't they actually got together at that stage? Ignore last sentence, they were separated. I do remember he went off on one of his lone cop missions by getting rid of the drugs Cam had planted on Martha.

Yes, yesterday's episode was after Martha and Jack had married and broken up...

So today was April and...we got a Heapril episode!Heck, it was pretty much a Xapril episode given the amount of screen time they had together!April worked so much better with those two than when she's skipping around with Dexter as if she's had a bump on the head and thinks she's back in primary school.Don't know if it's where we are now or the order the episodes are being shown in but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to take Liam and Bianca seriously.Given she's been a bit outspoken at times, I think Lisa Gormley looks back on those episodes and wonders why she put so much effort into convincing people that Bianca loved Liam given how quickly the show broke them up.Still, worth it for that last little bit of April and Heath on the beach which had me wishing it was the start of something long running...

Finding it very hard to get worked up about next week, given that I'm going to be at work and would need to record them or watch them online I don't think I'm going to bother with any of them.

In my head I still believe that Bianca/Liam was endgame... until Axle decided to leave. It just felt like a massive retcon and backtrack because they did a complete U-turn. But I'm glad they did. I liked Vixen!April when she was with Heath but I absolutely love Bianca & Heath as a couple!

Archived