Do you think Melissa George will try and stop The Early Years showing?

Guest beau_t

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes she did Trudy. You always hear stories about actors not getting along on series. Even worse whe your characters are friends or lovers!

Its heartbreaking to hear an actor bashing their past characters not thinking what impact that would have to the fans! Sadly I been told worse stories such as another series actor who was happy to leave a series as they "Loathe" dealing with people in Public yet can go to events in Sydney? Like I said in another post Alother theres alot of Good Aussies you do have American like actors which I would expect that behavior from them! I had a higher standard for Down Under!

Its nice Mleissa did give an apology and I doubt she make nothing more of it and be careful of what she says.

Yes she did Trudy. You always hear stories about actors not getting along on series. Even worse whe your characters are friends or lovers!

Its heartbreaking to hear an actor bashing their past characters not thinking what impact that would have to the fans! Sadly I been told worse stories such as another series actor who was happy to leave a series as they "Loathe" dealing with people in Public yet can go to events in Sydney? Like I said in another post Alother theres alot of Good Aussies you do have American like actors which I would expect that behavior from them! I had a higher standard for Down Under!

Its nice Mleissa did give an apology and I doubt she make nothing more of it and be careful of what she says.

It doesn't matter what part of the world you're from, there will always be actors who dislike a character they've played, a series they've been in or dealing with fame. Just remember its a select few, a handful of actors doesn't represent the entire acting population of Australia.

I think a lot of actors who dismiss H&A, Neighbours etc. are just doing and saying what they think they should to look 'cool' or 'professional'. I remember watching a discussion program, featuring ex-H&A and Neighbours actors alongside Prisoner actors and a lot of them were bagging the shows saying it was 'unrealistic and not representing true Australia' etc. This was in 1994.

I took it all with a grain of salt because to me they all just looked like try-hards and quite desperate to be seen as a 'real actor' who are above 'soap'. Lisa Lackey (Rox) was one of them, she was quite bitter. Nicole Dickson (Bobby) was probably one of the only actors on the panel who seemed appreciative and spoke fondly of Home and Away as I recall. Whereas Rebekah Elmaloglou (Sophie) seemed almost bitter too, about how she was perceived due to Home and Away. I'm sure she's completely changed her tune as she's matured and realised how silly it all sounds. Why do they take it all so seriously?

It doesn't matter what part of the world you're from, there will always be actors who dislike a character they've played, a series they've been in or dealing with fame. Just remember its a select few, a handful of actors doesn't represent the entire acting population of Australia.

I think a lot of actors who dismiss H&A, Neighbours etc. are just doing and saying what they think they should to look 'cool' or 'professional'. I remember watching a discussion program, featuring ex-H&A and Neighbours actors alongside Prisoner actors and a lot of them were bagging the shows saying it was 'unrealistic and not representing true Australia' etc. This was in 1994.

I took it all with a grain of salt because to me they all just looked like try-hards and quite desperate to be seen as a 'real actor' who is above 'soap'. Lisa Lackey (Rox) was one of them, she was quite bitter. Nicole Dickson (Bobby) was probably one of the only actors on the panel who seemed appreciative and spoke fondly of Home and Away as I recall. Whereas Rebekah Elmaloglou seemed almost bitter too, about how she was perceived due to Home and Away. I'm sure she's completely changed her tune as she's matured and realised how silly it all sounds. Why do they take it all so seriously?

I have seen that on youtube. It's an episode of Kilroy. And yes, Nicole is very nice on it,

Yes I understand its only a few people who had bad experiances. Still its great to hear people who appreciate it. I know alot of actor change as they get older some get bitter and others get over issues and become more open than they where in the past.

I feel if actors have issues then they should do whats best even if its leaving a popular character.

As one fan told me on another forum "Maybe she tired of lovesick fans" which I replied "easy solution Quit!"

What bothered me was being told certain Aussies were not like "Other actors" only to find its not true!

I do agree with you there. Neighbours is SO unreal its not funny or enjoyable anymore and ruined alot of great things!

Yes I understand its only a few people who had bad experiances. Still its great to hear people who appreciate it. I know alot of actor change as they get older some get bitter and others get over issues and become more open than they where in the past.

I feel if actors have issues then they should do whats best even if its leaving a popular character.

As one fan told me on another forum "Maybe she tired of lovesick fans" which I replied "easy solution Quit!"

What bothered me was being told certain Aussies were not like "Other actors" only to find its not true!

I do agree with you there. Neighbours is SO unreal its not funny or enjoyable anymore and ruined alot of great things!

^I actually think the opposite - Neighbours these days is far more funny and enjoyable than it has been over the past few years. Ok it's not the same as it was 'back in the day' but it's in better shape now that it was 2008-2012 Imo

Archived