Building interiors in early H&A.

Guest Homeandawayfan.

I'm not sure if this is off-topic (it is related to houses and sets) but was there ever any word as to why a SBH replica was never built? I seem to remember Cameron Welsh was rather excited in 09/10 when he was talking about construction going ahead.

I love the interiors to the characters houses in the early years. What I don't like is how TPTB update houses every few years? What is the point? British soaps keep the interiors the same for many years! I personally think the interiors matched the characters personality back in the day and it really made it a "house" and not a home what with all the personal touches. I don't get that impression now - it's all very cold and it just further erodes characters' identities.

Apparently it would have been built on the back lot of the studios but was that when they were at the old channel 7 studios? They moved the other year to new studios. Maybe that's the excuse for shelving the plans. It just seems weird seeing stock shots of the original house knowing it burned down 10 - 11 years ago.

As for the interior, I like it but we don't get to see upstairs much these days. They decided to paint the frame of the screen door pink as well...but good job otherwise.

^Yes - I agree and they always seem to use the one showing the roof of the house with the blue sky which Imo isn't the best shot of the house at all. They should go through the archives and start using some better shots.

• 2 weeks later...

In terms of working in the same place and such I dont find H&A different to Neighbours in that respect. I think in Summer Bay about 95% of the residents are never seen.

In neighbours in the earlier years there was a house on the right hand side of the close where the residents of the house were never identified as the house was not part of the storylines.

Archived