Kyle Braxton - Nic Westaway

I disagree. I feel Heath was that one who tried to be one of the community, and tried to be better... Kyle was only a no-charachter for me, just a shadow following the Braxtons in everything they wanted to.  I felt he had  such a "messy" personality, it was just all over the place. Kyle was just the character Hunter is now, and even worse. Totally a maniac and then suddenly a change without explanation and a prosess. And he was only in the other Braxtons shadow. It felt like just took advantage of him and never really cared about him for a couple of years. And all he did was moping around. 

In my opinion Kyle was one of the most unnecessary characters H&A ever has had. Like they wanted to milk the Braxton success as much as possible, and it felt unnecessary. 

I think Nick Westaway would have been good as a character with no connection to the Braxtons. Then the character could have been a character on his own, and Nick could have been given more opportunities to shine. I don't think he suited to these guns and maniac storylines. 

Edited by jodlebirger
  • Like 1

Spoiler

I'm looking forward to seeing Heath again Kyle could do with a better exit story so maybe that is why they wanted to bring him back.. But I feel they will end up messing up Heath while trying to fix Kyle's end game.

Edited by QUIET ACHIEVER
Spoiler tags added.

On 9/27/2016 at 6:56 AM, pembie said:
Spoiler

I'm looking forward to seeing Heath again Kyle could do with a better exit story so maybe that is why they wanted to bring him back.. But I feel they will end up messing up Heath while trying to fix Kyle's end game.

And then I prefer that they let the storyline like it was. Heath was a better character with a better message than Kyle.

I don't watch H&A every day anymore, but an episode here and there. I watched two episodes today, friday's and today's here in Norway (6393 and 6394) and we are in the middle of Isla and Kyle storyline. And I don't think Isla taking Kyle down with her, or him taking the blame for Isla is out of character for him, just because Kyle's character has really been all over the place, and he always seem to be following other's ideas... just like he followed the Braxton's and admired them no matter what they were up to. He has always felt like a spineless character that suddenly snaps. 

Edited by QUIET ACHIEVER
Spoiler tags added.
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, jodlebirger said:

And then I prefer that they let the storyline like it was. Heath was a better character with a better message than Kyle.

I don't watch H&A every day anymore, but an episode here and there. I watched two episodes today, friday's and today's here in Norway (6393 and 6394) and we are in the middle of Isla and Kyle storyline. And I don't think Isla taking Kyle down with her, or him taking the blame for Isla is out of character for him, just because Kyle's character has really been all over the place, and he always seem to be following other's ideas... just like he followed the Braxton's and admired them no matter what they were up to. He has always felt like a spineless character that suddenly snaps. 

Kyle should have stayed once all the other Braxtons went just to to make him feel Not just like the Braxton's spare wheel I think... He always seemed quite pointless to me He was good with Pheobe though I thought

Just now, pembie said:

Kyle should have stayed once all the other Braxtons went just to to make him feel Not just like the Braxton's spare wheel I think... He always seemed quite pointless to me He was good with Pheobe though I thought

Yes, but then they needed to be able to move him away from the Braxtons. It feels like with his messy backstory which never made sense, or never was developed so it could have made som sense it was too difficult to move him forward. And I think it was too late to dig into his backstory now, without rewriting some of his storylines. I have always wished that Kyle's entrance to the show should have been done in a different way.

What he did to Casey was too serious (with too many terrible scenes when he tortured Casey) to forget it or sweep it under the carpet. And we did not get any decent explanations why he did what he did. I don't by this "he was so angry at Casey for murdering Danny"-thing. Kyle didn't grew up with Danny as a father, he had foster parents. And it was made clear that he have had a good childhood with them. So why did he suddenly join Danny and form such deep bonds with him? All Danny did, was using Kyle. We did never get any real explanations to all these incidents, and that made what Kyle did to Casey quite awful and did not make any sense to me.  

A character like that should never be made as a regular. 

• Like 1

I thought it was OOC, because Kyle was all about family.Why would he sacrifice, not seeing his family Ricky and co, For a women he barley knew? It was OCC imo. And the character deserves a better exit story imo. I thought KYle was great, and tbh the only Braxton I liked. I thought his role was very neccessary. As he was the only character in the clan. Who diddn't seem to want any part of the crime world. Heath latches onto Bianca. But Kyle never seemed suited to that crime, crash, bang world. 

Edited by Luke39
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Luke39 said:

I thought it was OOC, because Kyle was all about family.Why would he sacrifice, not seeing his family Ricky and co, For a women he barley knew? It was OCC imo. And the character deserves a better exit story imo. I thought KYle was great, and tbh the only Braxton I liked. I thought his role was very neccessary. As he was the only character in the clan. Who diddn't seem to want any part of the crime world. Heath latches onto Bianca. But Kyle never seemed suited to that crime, crash, bang world. 

Heath showed that it is possible to move away from that world. It was a tough ride they gave him to get to that place in life. I really don't hope they bring him back and destroy all that, but it would be really in character for H&A writers and producers to do so... We have seen them undo a lot of character work on these kind of stories before, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if they sacrifice Heath just to give Kyle a better ending.

Kyle didn't have that kind of journey at all, his character was all over the place and he had no "real" personality. I think this storyline with Isla is actually in character for him, when we think about what he has done before, and how inconsistent his personality has been through his ride on H&A. And he had a caring nature besides his evilness and sometimes thoughtless actions, so I don't think it is unrealistic for him as a character to take the blame for Isla. 

But If they ever want to make Kyle some kind of "justice" they can bring Isla back and let the truth be revealed. By the way, was Ricky a family to Kyle? Was Brax or was Heath? I feel they were just family every time they needed some help from Kyle, but never really cared about him at all. It feels like Kyle was seeking some kind of love and attention he never got, so I don't think it is strange at all that he wants to sacrifice himself for a "stranger" who he has got totally in love with. 

In a way I agree that Kyle never seemed suited to that crime, crash and bang world, but I wonder if that is more because of the actors personality and way to perform his role than the storylines he has been given. Remember how Kyle was introduced to the show.... 

On 9/27/2016 at 0:03 AM, jodlebirger said:

Yes, but then they needed to be able to move him away from the Braxtons. It feels like with his messy backstory which never made sense, or never was developed so it could have made som sense it was too difficult to move him forward. And I think it was too late to dig into his backstory now, without rewriting some of his storylines. I have always wished that Kyle's entrance to the show should have been done in a different way.

What he did to Casey was too serious (with too many terrible scenes when he tortured Casey) to forget it or sweep it under the carpet. And we did not get any decent explanations why he did what he did. I don't by this "he was so angry at Casey for murdering Danny"-thing. Kyle didn't grew up with Danny as a father, he had foster parents. And it was made clear that he have had a good childhood with them. So why did he suddenly join Danny and form such deep bonds with him? All Danny did, was using Kyle. We did never get any real explanations to all these incidents, and that made what Kyle did to Casey quite awful and did not make any sense to me.  

Kyle, before he went into care after Mrs Bennett's death, only saw Danny on a limited basis as he had a wife (who was cheating on him as well) and kids on the other side of the tracks.

Ah as for characters like that not being regulars but if the girlies like the bad boys, the producers keep them (i.e. Kane, damn rapist) after the writers cook up "sympathetic" backstories as "justification" for their acts.

2 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

Kyle, before he went into care after Mrs Bennett's death, only saw Danny on a limited basis as he had a wife (who was cheating on him as well) and kids on the other side of the tracks.

Ah as for characters like that not being regulars but if the girlies like the bad boys, the producers keep them (i.e. Kane, damn rapist) after the writers cook up "sympathetic" backstories as "justification" for their acts.

Sympathetic backstories?? seriously they tried that with Kyle too... "he was so angry because Casey killed their father"... a father who never was a father for him, and he knew why he was killed. But the point is that the backstory was not used effectively, it wasn't realistic, it was full of holes. Kane's story was done in a decent way. They redeemed Kane, with a extremely long and complicated storyline. I believe in second chances, when life has made you flipping out. I believe that with some help people can change over time. But with Kyle we didn't see this at all... He changed overnight and the whole thing  was forgotten about, it was treated like a small thing. But Kyle almost killed Casey slowly and he would have if he hadn't been stopped by Brax. With Danni we had to deal with the anger of the Sutherlands (except Kirsty) towards Kane for years, and also it wasn't easily forgotten about by the others either... Brax was angry for a little bit, and so was Heath, but it was over in a blink... No one else (except from a small stint from the police) confronted Kyle about what he had done. It wasn't realistic at all... 

But I feel that having a realistic tragic background which can tip everyone over is a crime for the writers and others. Because they destroyed Kane in the end by blaming him for something he didn't do, and destroyed all his hard work to become a better person. Some will probably say that it counts for Kyle too, and yep he returned a bit bad... But the problem is that he has never redeemed. We never saw the process, he never had a solid backstory with realistic chain of happenings which lead to his actions - and that makes it much easier for me to accept the storyline with Isla, even if it is a cheap way to get "rid of him". 

All charachters need to be explored and developed with realistic backstories and happenings for me to believe in their progress. As I've said before, Kane - Aden and more aren't like Kyle because their backstories and progression were more realistic... there will always be wholes in the storylines and things happens faster than in the real life, but still we saw the process. Kyle is more like how Hunter has been treated. And I guess Hunter will suddenly turn out mad in two years of time... But it will not be a loss, because we did never see why and how he became a better person, and we have never seen really why he went bad in the first place. 

I understand that this is the more modern way of "redeeming/bad boy storylines or girls", but it is a more cheap and lazy way, the characters are changing overnight and the writers expect us to believe what isn't been said... because "we have always had these kind of storylines"..   But the backstory and the whole journey to become a better person is important to understand the change, and we need to see it!