Most Popular Character

Guest Ryan

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's why i love, and beyond aren't surprised, that she's been very succesful beyond Summer Bay. I especially liked her roles in "Crownies" where her charecter Tatum was involved in storylines that H&A could never [given timeslot and ratings] could get away with. Like Tatum's sex life.

As a sidebar to that, i always thought it was funny that i thought Marcus Graham was more annoying/dangerous at that point [mid 2011] as Harvey in H&A than he was as Danny Novak, Tatum's underworld type father.

Would have been soooooo great if Indiana scored the lead in Tim Burton's "Alice In Wonderland", like she got VERY close to.

I'm not surprised Cassie didn't get any votes.I liked her but didn't vote for her.She wasn't well liked around here if I recall.

I liked Roman but I'm surprised he did so well.He's been gone for awhile and didn't do much.

I'm sad but not surprised Heath did the worst of the braxton brothers.I didn't vote for him but he's my favourite of the three.

My precious Robbie.I think he's my vote I forgot earlier.I'm a little surprised he did so well to tbh.This poll is surprising in a lot of characters who haven't been around for awhile are doing better then the current characters.

I think that leaves one for me.To say i'm surprised they haven't appeared yet would be an understatement.

I voted entirely based on my opinion of the character.It had nothing to do with who played them.

I actually think Miles worked really well in the foster parent role and think it's a crying shame that that angle seemed to be dropped entirely in his last year on the show in favour of turning him into the latest person to date Leah for a bit and then leave, even though it had been firmly established they were better off as friends.His relationships with Jai and Nicole were among the best things about the show and it was a travesty that Miles and Nicole spent the whole of 2011 having precisely zero to do with each other.Having Miles involved might even have rescued the awful private adoption storyline Nicole got saddled with.Did quite like Roman though and he had some good parental moments.

Like Lynd, Heath is my favourite Braxton and possibly one of my favourite characters on the show at the moment.I think ironically it's because I started off disliking him since he seems to have had pretty much the opposite character arc to his brothers:Brax and Casey started off likeable then we began to see a more unpleasant side of them, Heath started off as a two-dimensional lout then began to show a more caring side.

I find it ironic that people say Robbie isn't as good as Dexter because "he's always shouting", because in many episodes it seems the only quirky thing about Dexter is Charles Cottier delivering his lines in a funny voice and waving his hands around a lot rather than the lines themselves.Robbie and Tasha remained a different and rather sweet relationship throughout the whole of their time.You get the feeling they were aiming for the same sort of thing with Dexter/April but whereas Robbie and Tasha's quirks complimented each other, April and Dex's seem to have cancelled each other out to the point where people only seem to call April "quirky" because they remember what she was like in 2010 before she and Dexter were even really friends.

Cassie was one of those characters I liked at the beginning but round about the middle of 2007 her storylines seemed to be reduced to "Fall for a total creep, throw herself at him, get repeated emotional humiliation, break up, throw herself at another total creep" and I completely gave up on her and couldn't wait for her to leave:By the time she was shrugging off the fact her new boyfriend was a rapist with a "I like guys with dark sides" while simultaneously being a total bitch towards Ric just because she felt like it, I was pretty much cheering her HIV diagnosis as laser-guided karma.

A reasonable batch of characters. For the most post anyway.

April is indeed a horrific mess of a character these days. Pretty much the personification of an empty vessel whose personality changes from day to day depending on what the storyline says she needs to be.

Roman - pleasant and a good character to have around but entirely forgettable. It was only a few years ago but the only story lines of his I remember are the Gardy one and the legendary "so bad it's good" 2008 Olympic cliffhanger with Elliot.

Miles - started off great but ended up as another symptom of the show's chronic inability to write middle aged male characters. In particular, once he came back from his holiday he had lost pretty much every defining characteristic he ever had and was just "token adult male". Pairing him up with Leah didn't help either. Everyone had been saying for years what a disaster that would be and yet it still happened. Still, I liked him more often than not.

Robbie - an awesome character to start with as the snarky nerd, but he fell off pretty drastically imo. Towards the end it seemed like he'd just turned into Jason Smith.

Tasha - Hey, she was hot. Nothing much else to say.

Heath - I'm surprised he did the worst of the Braxton brothers because he's easily the one who's the most tolerable. I wish he could just lose Brax and Casey.

Gypsy - YAY!!! I love Gypsy and yes I voted for both her and Shannon. I don't have a "thing" for redheads, but I think their hair did help them stand out a little. She was my second favourite ever, yet after watching Will's horrific return I didn't watch a second of her 2011 run. Which was apparently a good choice.

Celia - never seen much of her. All I remember of her is her 2002 stint.

Angelo - For much of his time he was just about my least favourite character ever. The year long mystery and his hideous relationship with Charlie being the main culprits. However, his last few months I actually started to like him once he stopped being a cop and broke up with Charlie. If they'd introduced him as a happy go lucky restauranteur, he might have been one of my faves.

Amanda - Don't hate her too much, but good lord did I hate her "era" (2006).

At least none of these characters are loathsome enough to inspire me to write multiple long winded posts dedicated to what jerks they were. Maybe Aden or Brax will have that effect or maybe I'll just leave that to Red Ranger.

I was pretty much cheering her HIV diagnosis as laser-guided karma.

Wow, that's harsh and kind of offensive... You didn't like her for chosing the jerks and I felt for her because she chose jerks. Such a tragic character, glad they gave her a happy ever after ending.

I was pretty much cheering her HIV diagnosis as laser-guided karma.

That is pretty harsh, it really shouldnt matter about the guys she was with, no one deserves that. Pretty shocked that you actually broadcast that on a site like this where children under 18 do post.

I'm also a bit surprised Cassie didn't poll a single vote. I realise that she wasn't always, or even often, likeable but at least she was a well drawn and consistent character with a well defined long term character arc. I'd rather watch that than a Matilda / April type who it's impossible to get attached to because even if you like them today, you know they'll probably be a completely different character tomorrow. Cassie was my favourite of a rotten teen group.

There was definetly nothing wrong with Indiana's performance in fact she reminded me a lot of Kate Ritchie, she definetly had staying potential.

Kate Ritchie? :unsure:

I always thought Matilda was quite a bland character. She was nice, but she was also probably the victim of bad writing. All in all I found her storylines monotonous.

I'm also a bit surprised Cassie didn't poll a single vote. I realise that she wasn't always, or even often, likeable but at least she was a well drawn and consistent character with a well defined long term character arc. I'd rather watch that than a Matilda / April type who it's impossible to get attached to because even if you like them today, you know they'll probably be a completely different character tomorrow. Cassie was my favourite of a rotten teen group.

Urg if everyone was like April ten kilograms with chocolate icecream would have made me less sick. April is one of the worst female character of all times for me, basically because she had a lot potential but the writers insist to write her so extremely sickly sweet and fake! Mathilda was ok, but I think she was a bit forgetable at times. How boring would the show be with only characters like that. Cassie was tragic yes, but her journey was a bit interesting, when you also see at her background storyline. But only to have characters like that would have been tiring and I would have lost the interest after a time. Thats the reason why I think that Mathilda, Belle, Lukas, Cassie was a great teen group, they very a very mixed group but worked well together. I don't think the show has had a real teen group after that. Well Belle, Aden, geoff, Annie, Jai mix was a mix of very good characters but the writers forgot to mix them together as a group.

Archived