Most Popular Character

Guest Ryan

I really liked Kit as a character and Amy Mizzi as an actress. I still have the clip of her tribute to Noah with Barry Hyde at Noah's memorial. As I've mentioned elsewhere I also clearly recall conversations with Coral Drouyn where she expressed her frustration with her bosses because of their refusal to accept Amy because they felt she would never make the cover of TV Week. If my recollection serves me she eventually did any way.

Amy Mizzi was axed because she wasn't what they felt was beautiful, wasn't she? I remember reading about that because it annoyed me a lot. Kit was the most interesting character of 2003 for me and is a natural beauty, plus she had certain qualities that reminded me of Bobby. In a way Sasha is starting reminds me of Kit (& to a certain extent Bobby) because she is very unlike the other female characters that were introduce between 05-11.

ebrett84 - Actually you may be right about that. In fact it was Kirsty that was ruined more, wasn't it? The fact that she picked him over her own family angered me. I think the thing with Kane is that in 2003 he was pushy and had taken a step back since he left... but I still felt that the writers began to manipulate the viewers and managed to. I still remember some of the posts (on here & other forums) that made Dani & Rhys out to be horrible and nasty because they wouldn't give KK a chance. I guess it is the perception of each viewer that shifts certain storylines. The Dani rape storyling was so blurred that there are still KK fans who believe Dani wasn't raped or should have just get over it.

I'll stop now because I don't want to seem like I am attacking other opinions :o because I'm not. I used to love hearing the opinion's of others, especially when it was well structured.

One thing I didn't comment on was Peter Baker. I loved that character, especially when he was in scenes with Josie or Morag. I would have totally preferred Josie/Peter to Josie/Jesse. Infact I am pretty sure I was also a secret Morag/Peter shipper...

I knew this poll would bring it all back and I would end up ranting :lol:.

ETA - Who was the character who knew Josie, helped Dani with the book and had chemistry with everyone/thing? Gawd, I wish he had appeared more because he was awesome. Can't remember the name though.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really liked Kit as a character and Amy Mizzi as an actress. I still have the clip of her tribute to Noah with Barry Hyde at Noah's memorial. As I've mentioned elsewhere I also clearly recall conversations with Coral Drouyn where she expressed her frustration with her bosses because of their refusal to accept Amy because they felt she would never make the cover of TV Week. If my recollection serves me she eventually did any way.

Amy Mizzi was axed because she wasn't what they felt was beautiful, wasn't she? I remember reading about that because it annoyed me a lot. Kit was the most interesting character of 2003 for me and is a natural beauty, plus she had certain qualities that reminded me of Bobby. In a way Sasha is starting reminds me of Kit (& to a certain extent Bobby) because she is very unlike the other female characters that were introduce between 05-11.

Sasha does remind me of Kit. She is a similar character.

Hm... RR1, I think Kane was in some kind of jail in 2002/03 (australian seasons).... I do remember that he was at some place when Danni visited him and comfronted him with what he had done to her..., with Flynn as her psyciatrist/doctor.... and I thought that was jail.

About Danni's departure. I don't think it destroyed her, and not Scott either. Sometimes love isn't enough, when we have different goals in life, and they were far too different and they realised that. They both were hurting, but still it was the best for the both of them. It was great character developement, especially in a soap and storylines like that really made h&a for me. I really miss those kind of storylines. The break ups and relationships problems aren't like that these days. It is not about personal differencies and goals anymore, it is about love triangles and affairs. Indi and Romeo actually could have been explored like this, but then they are throwing in other characters and affairs just to blame them instead of exploring more the problems this couple really has...

Hm... RR1, I think Kane was in some kind of jail in 2002/03 (australian seasons).... I do remember that he was at some place when Danni visited him and comfronted him with what he had done to her..., with Flynn as her psyciatrist/doctor.... and I thought that was jail.

About Danni's departure. I don't think it destroyed her, and not Scott either. Sometimes love isn't enough, when we have different goals in life, and they were far too different and they realised that. They both were hurting, but still it was the best for the both of them. It was great character developement, especially soap and storylines like that really made h&a for me. I really miss those kind of storylines. The break ups and relationships problems aren't like that these days. It is not about personal differencies and goals anymore, it is about love triangles and affairs. Indi and Romeo actually could have been explored like this, but then they are throwing in other characters and affairs just to blame them instead of exploring more the problems this couple really has...

I held out high hopes that the Romeo/Indi storyline would explore the very real issues of a couple marrying very young. I think all the "triangles' have just made that impossible.

Sasha does remind me of Kit. She is a similar character.

hm... I have complained about the shows focus on body and looks several times. I liked Kit/Mitzy too, but it was not about her looks but how she was portrayed, she was fresh and just quite normal. But Belle was fresh too... I don't think the female characters were so different in 05-10 -, than before (and later?). But the focus on teens in general has changed, and I think that the young female characters are getting less attention, but not the guys. I think it changed from early 2010 season, not 2011, when more older characters (40+) were introduced to the show. Kit was also opionated without being nasty... I don't really like Sasha from what I have seen of her. What is different in 05-10 is that the teens in general got more attention when it comes to storylines than they did earlier on, and they were a bigger and more defined group. But some of the characters in the 20's and some of the teens get more attention alone, than a teen/younger 20's character did before.... And the show focus even more on bodies and looks now than ever... tatoos, and bodies... :rolleyes:

Dani's departure was brilliant, she actually stayed consistent her whole 4 years on the show... Kane didn't but he was a very complex and well written character, I'm sure I voted for him in 2004 & 06. Kit is a character I voted for everytime and will continue to do so and I also believe she stayed consistent as well... you have to remember that when she did sleep with Kim they thought they were both going to die and they also had a long history and she was the type of person to want her baby's father in her life. Rachel should have been arrested, to me she was a predator not so much because Kim was barely legal when she seduced and manipulated him but because he was very vulnerable and she was a constant manipulator in their relationship. "I'm twenty-eight I want to be married..." "I'm twenty-nine I want a baby..." "We can't have a baby I want someone elses..." "Why are you divorcing me? Your twenty years old when are you going to grow up?" Die! Evil Doctor! Die!

ebrett84 - Actually you may be right about that. In fact it was Kirsty that was ruined more, wasn't it? The fact that she picked him over her own family angered me. I think the thing with Kane is that in 2003 he was pushy and had taken a step back since he left... but I still felt that the writers began to manipulate the viewers and managed to. I still remember some of the posts (on here & other forums) that made Dani & Rhys out to be horrible and nasty because they wouldn't give KK a chance. I guess it is the perception of each viewer that shifts certain storylines. The Dani rape storyling was so blurred that there are still KK fans who believe Dani wasn't raped or should have just get over it.

I'll stop now because I don't want to seem like I am attacking other opinions :o because I'm not. I used to love hearing the opinion's of others, especially when it was well structured.

One thing I didn't comment on was Peter Baker. I loved that character, especially when he was in scenes with Josie or Morag. I would have totally preferred Josie/Peter to Josie/Jesse. Infact I am pretty sure I was also a secret Morag/Peter shipper...

I knew this poll would bring it all back and I would end up ranting :lol:.

ETA - Who was the character who knew Josie, helped Dani with the book and had chemistry with everyone/thing? Gawd, I wish he had appeared more because he was awesome. Can't remember the name though.

I should probably stop too, but I don't think that was the show's fault. I think that was just a case where certain viewers were so attached to the character Kane had been that they didn't notice or care that he'd completely changed since he came back. You can't blame the show if some people choose to just ignore what's happening on screen because it doesn't fit their preconceived idea of how a character should act. I guess that actually shows how effective the initial storyline was, the writers just couldn't change peoples minds about the character no matter how much of a tool he acted like. And yes, Kirsty's character was badly damaged by getting back with Kane even after all the problems it had caused the first time and even though he was suddenly incredibly pushy, bullying, manipulative and rude towards her, her family and her friends. The beauty of the initial storyline was that even though he had raped her sister, you could still understand why she loved him so much. Once his character changed (or changed back) so drastically, their relationship and the fact that she would choose him over her loving and forgiving family simply became inexplicable.

And I'm with you on Stafford, he was awesome. The show's had a huge problem in the last decade or so writing middle aged male characters but he was a good one. Part of me wishes he'd stuck around, but he probably would have ended up being ruined if he had.

No, they held a mediation at the drop-in centre. Soon after that the enormity of what he'd done finally hit Kane, what with the rest of the town shunning him, and he moved to Yabbie Creek High of his own accord. (at least that's how I remember it from the top of my head)

Many years ago I had a conversation with Bevan about Kane's cancer storyline, and he told me that not only did he want to claw some credibility back for the show after the "appalling" cancer storyline for Vinnie, he also wished for it to redeem Kane some more in light of the fact that a lot of fans couldn't forgive him for what he did to Dani. - "I wanted to show how great his love for Kirsty truly was - how in a time of great personal crisis all he thought about was Kirsty and her well-being rather than falling in to self pity about his own situation."

Archived