Most Popular Character

Guest Ryan

Kit's always been my favourite female on the show.I think I voted for her last time and will continue to do so.I didn't like her as much during her last stint on the show but she was still much better then most of the characters of today,female or not,imo.

I'll always love and adore Peter to.He was a little dumb but that was kind of endearing.He was on during a time where crime wasn't on the show every two minutes.That really started when he left or maybe just before but it was done better so you didn't notice as much as you do now.

I don't think I wanna comment on the more controversial people on that list lol.I'll just say I had a love hate relationship with both Kirsty and Kane.

I've been keeping an eye on who i've voted for and I've got two people to go but I can't for the life of me remember who one is and I put them down as a favourite...slightly worrying is it not?I'm a little surprised the other hasn't shown up yet but happy they're obviously doing reasonably well.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hm... RR1, I think Kane was in some kind of jail in 2002/03 (australian seasons).... I do remember that he was at some place when Danni visited him and comfronted him with what he had done to her..., with Flynn as her psyciatrist/doctor.... and I thought that was jail.

No, they held a mediation at the drop-in centre. Soon after that the enormity of what he'd done finally hit Kane, what with the rest of the town shunning him, and he moved to Yabbie Creek High of his own accord. (at least that's how I remember it from the top of my head)

Many years ago I had a conversation with Bevan about Kane's cancer storyline, and he told me that not only did he want to claw some credibility back for the show after the "appalling" cancer storyline for Vinnie, he also wished for it to redeem Kane some more in light of the fact that a lot of fans couldn't forgive him for what he did to Dani. - "I wanted to show how great his love for Kirsty truly was - how in a time of great personal crisis all he thought about was Kirsty and her well-being rather than falling in to self pity about his own situation."

ok. then I remembered it wrong, it is long time ago (even if we were 2 years behind at that time). I still wish that they had put him in jail, when Kane was off air... it would have made more justice to Kanes background storyline too, because it is sometimes remembered just as a sappy storyline just to justify what he did to Danni, and kanes storyline was important too.

I think we're all getting a bit mixed up here:As I recall, shortly after he was acquitted in 2001, Kane was shunned by everyone at school who knew he was guilty despite the verdict and ended up accepting he'd done wrong and moving schools.This was largely forgotten about in 2002 when Flynn tracked Kane down and persuaded him to attend mediation with Dani so that, um, he could basically learn the same lesson he'd learned the previous year.He was then around on and off until he famously dumped Kirsty at home after their disastrous attempt to run away together, after which he wasn't seen again until 2003... of which we've all said plenty.I will acknowledge though that despite some very bad misfires when he first came back, in 2004 they did make a decent job of rehabilitating the character and integrating him into the show while still making him fall far short of being perfect.I think the turning point was after it came out about Jade not being a Sutherland when Kane was the one who tracked her down and had a heart to heart with her about it;by then he seemed to have acknowledged that it wasn't just him and Kirsty around the world and they had to exist outside their little bubble, to the point he ended up choosing to stay in Summer Bay rather than the two of them go away on their own.

Didn't see any reason to hate Dani over her departure, even though it felt at times I was meant to.She and Scott drifted apart and she made the right decision.

Disappointed that it seems like a lot of people who support Kit or Rachel have to hate the other.I didn't see Rachel as taking advantage of someone vulnerable any more than I saw Kit as a marriage wrecker, even though from a certain perspective that's what they both were.I liked them both and I liked them both with Kim.There were flaws on all sides which resulted in the break-up:Rachel let her insecurities get the better of her and drove a wedge between her and Kim, Kit couldn't handle just being friends with Kim and forced him to choose, Kim had feelings for them both and seemed to want to have it both ways.I don't think there's any need to demonise any of them because of that and it's a shame one of them had to be hurt.And yes, it's a shame Kit was written out in such a rubbish fashion in 2004 and that the interesting low-burn romance between her and Noah was sacrificed for the more photogenic Noah/Hayley reunion.

Fair play to Sid, he has REALLY stepped up as one of the best parents on H and A in recent times in my opinion and I'm proud of him. Also i'm evilly amused that he beat Indi because that girl sure does whine and has a tendancy to be self involved. So YES i am very happy for Sid. Can't wait to see where Dex ends up he's easily my favourite.

I have no problem with any of these characters being where they are on the list... maybe Roman... What? so Cassie didn't score any points? Doesn't anyone understand how brilliantly complex and well acted her character was? I know I didn't vote for her but FFS she was HIV positive, she was molested as a kid, she became a teen mum, got hit by a car and left with Sally it's not like she was forgettable or anything. Just saying :unsure:

Re the latest poll results, I too voted for both Gypsy & Shannon. I can honestly say that it's a bit of both for me .....they both are VERY good strong characters AND I think I DO have a thing for bloodnuts.

I have no problem with any of these characters being where they are on the list... maybe Roman... What? so Cassie didn't score any points? Doesn't anyone understand how brilliantly complex and well acted her character was? I know I didn't vote for her but FFS she was HIV positive, she was molested as a kid, she became a teen mum, got hit by a car and left with Sally it's not like she was forgettable or anything. Just saying :unsure:

I wasn't a fan of Cassie. To the point where I was hoping ALL the way through Sharni's new BIG screen film "BAIT" that her character Tina would be one of the people eaten by a shark.

I think it's a hard thing to quantify a popularity and what makes it. There's been examples of people who have been given blockbusting storylines and really never acheived a huge level of fandom, despite all the ingredients being there and there's also people who do well with apparently very little on screen that backs them up.

Very true, plus I didn't vote for her so I can't say much... it's hard to see good characters not fairing too well even if I didn't vote for them but it's been pretty fair, People could be voting for Drop In Centre Kid #2 from episode 3415 and Ryan would be like :wacko:

I've always said that Roman was an underrated character on the show. He was so important, connected the genereations, took care of kids and he was believable in what he did. somehow I felt that he had to compete with Miles. Miles was Sallys brother, and as SAllys brother he had to take kids under his wings. But he was really horrible in that role. I actually think that how miles was portrayed he was totally unbelievable as Sallys brother. He was more of a fun and quirky character, but Roman had the same calm intensity as Sally and that made him good as a "parent". I have always thought that Conrad Coleby should have played Miles instead of Josh Quong Tart. Because his onscreen personality was more like Sallys. Josh Qoung TArt could have played a more independent character who was not related to sally.

I feel that Conrad was axed because he wasn't a sensatonalistic character like Angelo and when they wrote A back in, they had to write a 20's character out - there were a lot of them at the time. And he lost the competition about the "fostering/taking care of teens" role to miles, since Miles was Sallys brother... But miles didn't suit that role, so the whole theme was dropped after a while unfortunately.

I voted for Roman as my number 5... and I am pleased to see him this high on the list. I never cared about Gypsy Nash, and I think that Amanda was a horrible character, because she was portrayed so "cartoon-like".

Robbie Hunter reminds me about Dex, but Robbie was a better character played by a stronger actor. But this "Believers" storyline was totally meh and I lost my interest in him at that time.

Cassie was a good character, played by a very good actress. I didn't vote for her, because there were other five I liked better. But I still think she was very good and I think she deserves a place on this list...

Archived