Most Popular Character

Guest Ryan

When Ryan commented in the latest poll results ……..

That Lynn always does so comparably well in these votes is always quite baffling for a character that appeared in only the first 100 episodes and has hardly been seen or mentioned again since.

…… I just had to say that since I’ve pretty much always voted for Lynn [including in this latest oll], I will say that how strong willed she seemed made me TRULY fall in love with H&A in its 1st year on air. Yeah, she turned a good show into a GREAT show for me. The best example would be her storyline with disabled boy Nico.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, it is rather nice to see Lynn making a good showing.A character axed before her time.

Xavier, the first of my five, putting in a relatively decent showing.And just think, when we had the last one of these I was still itching to strangle him every time he was unnecessarily brattish towards John.Or Angelo.Or Liam.Fortunately, some much needed character development and some more relaxed interaction with his families and peers saw him turn into one of the most watchable characters on the show.It's good to know that can still happen.

Luke Cunningham got a point! What is the world coming to?

Like everyone else has said, surprised to see Colleen do so badly. Shame Angie has fallen off the radar too, from 25 in 2010. Oh, well.

I'm waiting with baited breath to see where the River Boys come in. 2004/6 aren't online but I'm pretty sure Irene won in 2004, and Sally's won them ever since. I wonder if she'll manage it this year?

As always, enjoying Ryan's witty commentary.

I think the results will inevitably mirror the thoughts of those who are active members of this forum. Obviously the show has gathered a new following over the past couple of years so the results will reflect that. Its strange to think that some of the viewers of H&A these days won't have a clue who Sally is or the Fletcher's, when they were such prominent characters for so long..

I think the results will inevitably mirror the thoughts of those who are active members of this forum. Obviously the show has gathered a new following over the past couple of years so the results will reflect that. Its strange to think that some of the viewers of H&A these days won't have a clue who Sally is or the Fletcher's, when they were such prominent characters for so long..

I am sure Sally will still be number 1, this time. But probably not by the next poll...

I agree about Kit. She was a great character with lots of potential and I'm glad the writers realised this and kept bringing her back. There are soooo many awesome guest characters (often relatives of main characters) that have potential but the writers never return them after their initial stint. It was good to see her find her feet and get some self confidence at last, but in her final appearance she became so smug and self-righteous, it was sickening. The scene where she came into Rachel's home and started telling Rachel how she should behave with her own husband was sickening, and then when Rachel finally told Kit she was out of line, Kit made it all about herself again by having some kind of emmergency headache. Ugh.

I also agree with the entry about Rachel. She was an excellent character for most of her time, clearly one of the writers' favourites from the start, she had drama after drama. Then towards the end, especially her final year, she suddenly became a "nothing character". No wonder the actress left.

It's curious because I continued to love Kit up until the end and didn't find her smug or self-righteous at all, certainly not towards Rachel.So far as I could see, she was just doing her best to deal with a very messy situation, just like Rachel and Kim were.She defended Rachel after she suffered her headache so I don't think she was really in the wrong.

Nice to see a few of the current adults starting to creep in.Sid, after an uncertain start, has developed into one of those gruff but caring father figures that the show does so well.And ironically, so has John, a character that pretty much the entire audience seemed to hate because they thought that was what they were supposed to do, and maybe they were, but who I'd realised by the end of 2009 was turning into a classic character.

Although none of the people I voted for are in the latest batch, I find it ironic that .,,,,,

a. there’s three doctors on the list [sid, Rachel & Flynn] and

b. that Kane & Dani are, whilst not side by side, they are at least in the same poll results batch.

Oh, and yeah, it’s not so much fun that Nicolas Bishop is in “Body Of Proof”, a show in a similar vein to “Mentalist”. Which of course stars another ex H&Aer Simon Baker Denny

Archived