Classic Episodes on 5★

Guest ter06

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not wishng to be picky but although it was first aired in Aus in 1988, we in the UK didn't see it until 1989 so 23 years ago GOSH!!!!!! Oh my God those fashions. Certainly made me feel old. Nice bit of potted history Tom gave of each of the kids when Tarquin came to see them.

It was soooo weird seeing it again and knowing what we know now about the various characters. Milco wasn't a figment of Sally's but a memory, Fisher (Flathead) turned out to be Bobby's dad, he really was horible back then. The person Alisa was talking to Bobby about was herself (no real surprise there) but what she went through. Alf was a bit frisky back then wasn't he? The old lady in the shop was obviously a foreunner of Colleen. They certainly made Lance less of the village idiot over the years otherwise he would never have got into the Army. I remember that scene with Bobby and Tarquin (why that particular one I don't know) just stood out in my mind. Shame Floss and Neville didn't hang around longer.

How great to see the upstairs and have it confirmed that there are four bedrooms. When was the last time we have seen upstairs recently, I remember seeing Miles and Kirsty in their room but since then???

We never seem to see the front of the house either, apart from the still when they need us to know where the action is taking place. The interior layout hasn't changed at all. Can't wait for the rest of them.

^We don't see the front of Summer Bay House any more because it was burnt down in 2003.. Different producers over the years have told us that they will build a replica - they never have. It's a real loss because Summer Bay House exterior and the original 'small town' caravan park really helped to shape Summer Bay for the first 15 years.

The pilot averaged 221k last night, which for a 2 hour, 25 year old episode on primetime on a digital channel competing against the Olympics and other soaps wasnt that shabby at all!
That's an excellent figure for something that is, arguably, quite niche.

^We don't see the front of Summer Bay House any more because it was burnt down in 2003.. Different producers over the years have told us that they will build a replica - they never have. It's a real loss because Summer Bay House exterior and the original 'small town' caravan park really helped to shape Summer Bay for the first 15 years.

Yes I remember reading about that. Everything now is confined to the house and as the upstairs seems to have been vanished only downstairs, the little covered patio area and the caravan park itself.

Yep, closing credits are intact. These aren't the ITV edits thankfully, which I think means this is the first time the excellent 96-99 closing credits will be seen on television in the UK.

Albeit talked over and shrunk down by 5★

Archived