-Let's move in together

-Ok

-I'm leaving the force

-Ok

-Let's get a cat

-Ok

-Let's do everything together and never be apart

-Um, ok

-Don't you love me as much as I love you?

-Not really no

-Aww ok, buhbye.

Yes, the first time I've skipped over scenes in the early years have been Jane and Grant's. I wonder if the producers were testing the character out, I can't think of any other point.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly, there is no episode for April 6 according to the 'Advance Guides' on the TV Tonight website, it is replaced with BULL**** stretching ALL DAY, and don't ask me what that is supposed to be in "honourĀ of", it's not of any national significance unlike Anzac Day. Just there to satisfy the Jesus freaks by the looks of it as if that is important enough..... :angry:

Hold straight mate - firstly, it's only one day off air not a week or month and secondly, not everyone who celebrates Easter is a 'Jesus freak'.....

They can move their Easter celebrations to 7mate or the main channel.

Relax Old H&A at least we'll get past 623 this time
The schedule on 7TWO seems to have become less stable than it was one year ago, while not as bad as it was during the last repeat run, it is still concerning that a once-perfect schedule is now falling victim not only to Anzac Day (a once-a-year event) but also tennis and now THIS.

I wonder if the producers were testing the character out

That's what I thought too. She could have been intended to be a possible regular but then they decided the character (or actress) wasn't working and suddenly she's off. Usually if guest characters are brought in for a purpose, they have more of a whole story arc. Jane seemed to be a developping character who then suddenly was written out. Not that I mind, she was dreadful.

What on earth was the point of her?

- Alf I'm arresting you for drink driving

- Don't you think that's a bit harsh?

- What's it got to do with you?

- Nothing but you're quite attractive

- So are you.

-I love you

- I love you too

- My friend just died in a hold up

-Awww that's a shame

-Let's move in together

-Ok

-I'm leaving the force

-Ok

-Let's get a cat

-Ok

-Let's do everything together and never be apart

-Um, ok

-Don't you love me as much as I love you?

-Not really no

-Aww ok, buhbye.

PMSL! This made my day after having a crap day. You said summarised Miss Jane perfectly.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Moving on...Blake is respecting Grant more but is it just because of the whole ironman thing? And Blake is no ironman material. That was so funny.

Adam and Marilyn...I like this couple. :)

Bobby's got herself into a bit of mess. Chris sends chills through me.

Don with Suzie, wasn't that the cutest thing you've ever seen?

And Karen has the hots for good old Steven.

The whole family has disappeared into the mists of time I believe. These episodes I believe may have aired in September time. Is it just me or does it feel that is most years the show hits a lull during what would be the Australian spring. (July-October). 1989 did IMO, 1990 seems to have went slightly to pot, I feel a similiar period in 2001, 2002 goes through a funny period between the sesquicentenary till Angie arrives. 2003 saw a load of rubbish about cookies, girls football teams etc around here. Maybe I'm just imaginging things.

Since I can't say how you write a 200-episodes-a-year series, it's hard to know exactly how they write it. I've wondered whether in say October of the previous year they come up with what they want from the following year, write these stories and then by the time they've wrote them all in they begin to think what are we going to do now and we're left with this what are unmemorable or sometimes plain rubbish storylines, before at some point thinking how can we build to this finale. Or is it just because we struggle to define where they are in the middle. You know the sort of "first-last" principle.

I realised I was mistaken recently when I stated that I hadn't seen any clips of late 1990, I've seen a few of storylines involving Steven from this period. Having read some of the the short summaries, I do feel the rest of the season meanders through random guest characters.

Archived