1990 Episode Discussion

Guest Ryan

Ep 603 - Alf talking to Ailsa about how he reacted to Roo getting pregnant - and him talking about Martha, saying 'well, I can't help feeling I'm missing out on something, y'know, knowing I've got a granddaughter out there somewhere that I'm never gonna see or hear from'....

Spooky :)

I'm also in mourning - Martin left exactly 100 episodes ago as of today :cryingsmiley:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh God, old-school Emma is back.

I was shocked at the way Steven spoke to Pippa. He's usually so sensitive.

I love Marilyn, I know I probably sound like a broken record, but I really do and having Adam on is genius.

Your enthusiasm for Mazza (and Adam!!!) seems to parallel mine for Marty and Lance :D

Ep 603 - Alf talking to Ailsa about how he reacted to Roo getting pregnant - and him talking about Martha, saying 'well, I can't help feeling I'm missing out on something, y'know, knowing I've got a granddaughter out there somewhere that I'm never gonna see or hear from'....

I'm also in mourning - Martin left exactly 100 episodes ago as of today :cryingsmiley:

Awww, I was upset too, and still am, but Matt and Adam have been a very good Lance/Martin substitute for me. They're nowhere near as downright stupid, but are just as entertaining, IMO.

I think Lance and Martin's relationship was far more complex and believable than Matt and Adam's, but I do love Matt and Adam as a double act.

Martin and Lance were childhood friends (hence the relationship complexity), whereas Matt has only known Adam for about a year.....Adam's still a newcomer in relative terms, so Matt and he have not yet developed a friendship to that level....

I wish when they introduced Martha to the show there was more detail.

The whole reunion happened off screen and Alf came back and said to that eras resident, "this is my granddaughter" and everyone just said hi.

Also I found that after a few months it was written as if her whole up bringing and childhood never happened. Apart from her adopted brother Macca we knew very little.

If you tuned into the show around 2007 you could be forgiven in thinking that Martha had always been there.

Also, if she went to so much trouble in tracking down her mother (Roo) then why did she then never bother to stay with her again. Roo wasnt even there for her daughter when she had cancer.

But thats modern episodes for you.

I think Lance and Martin's relationship was far more complex and believable than Matt and Adam's, but I do love Matt and Adam as a double act.

Martin and Lance were childhood friends (hence the relationship complexity), whereas Matt has only known Adam for about a year.....Adam's still a newcomer in relative terms, so Matt and he have not yet developed a friendship to that level....

That's what I was referring to - the fact that they were childhood friends. I also think Lance and Martin were dependent on each other for that reason far more than Matt and Adam ever were. I guess their departure (to be together) shows this!

I guess Matt is just an uncomplex chilled out cool kinda guy.

Loves the surf, girls, helps out his mate etc.

In fact, just the type of person you would expect to see in a place like summer bay

Just a nice normal guy.

There are some of them around.

(Also there was a book written about his character in the 80s if you want to know more of his back story)

Archived