1990 Episode Discussion

Guest Ryan

Matt has been around for the past 400 episodes and I still don't really know who he is. He just continues to be utterly pointless. Only 303 more episodes to go though before that bag of sugar.

Although Matt doesn't really serve much of a point, I really like him, he's a cool guy, funny, pretty light hearted and easy to get on with.

Exactly what Blaxland said above, he's just a nice normal guy.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Matt too because he is like so many of my friends. He is the sort of character that would be axed in current Home and Away - he's too light hearted and 'normal'. But we don't want every character to be a thug or get into arguments all the time. It's like Marilyn in the current show - she proved really popular just being fun, dizzy and easy going - then they tried to make her all serious and neurotic last year with Nicole and it seemed like a lot of viewers turned on her - they realised this and have since taken her back to being more of a light-hearted and fun character (rightly so) - but because shes light-hearted, she's been shoved into the background.

My reception for 7TWO has been so erratic over the past couple of weeks - I've only managed to record 3 episodes. I'm having to catch up via the net, its a shame I've missed Emma's farewell, I really wanted to keep that episode in good quality!

Sounds like it would have been good, I always used to look forward to character departures because H&A used to do them so well. I'm looking forward to seeing Ailsa and Emma's scenes, I've always really enjoyed the screen time they share.

Ep 603 - Alf talking to Ailsa about how he reacted to Roo getting pregnant - and him talking about Martha, saying 'well, I can't help feeling I'm missing out on something, y'know, knowing I've got a granddaughter out there somewhere that I'm never gonna see or hear from'....

Was that the same episode Donald had a call from Doris Peters? I think a couple more departed characters were mentioned too and I felt the writer of that episode really knew their stuff!

I thought it was funny, when we finally saw the Stewart's kitchen, Alf said the name "Bobby" just as the fridge was opened for the first time.

I picked up on that too. Alf was saying something about Bobby's whereabouts as he opened the fridge!

Todays episode, was really a retro episode. Sally going to The Cinema too see Look Whos Talking. While she was in The Cinema, you could hear the audio from the film. Blake and Sophie were in a video shop / arcade. I saw a video of Police Academy on the shelf, and there was a Lethal Weapon cardboard cutout in the background as well.

Emma - will she be missed????

Personally, I'm glad she's gone, I never warmed to her character at all. She treated Alf & Ailsa like dirt (even toward the end) and underappreciated them. She was prepared to use the threat of running back to Bridget as a bargaining chip with Alf & Ailsa if things didn't go her way.

She also treated her best friend (Viv) with contempt on the day she was leaving the Bay.

Goodbye Emma but I won't miss you whatsoever. Thank goodness Blake and Karen have taken her place!!!!

Todays episode, was really a retro episode. Sally going to The Cinema too see Look Whos Talking. While she was in The Cinema, you could hear the audio from the film. Blake and Sophie were in a video shop / arcade. I saw a video of Police Academy on the shelf, and there was a Lethal Weapon cardboard cutout in the background as well.

I remember renting 'Police Academy' from the videostore in the 80's!!!!

VHS or Beta, that was the choice back then :D

Archived