1990 Episode Discussion

Guest Ryan

He left with Pippa in 1998. He returned around 2003 (recast and aged an extra few years) to visit the Bay. He stayed with Irene and Nick. It turned out he was gay but from memory it was a very badly done storyline. I don't remember much about it except that he spent the whole visit acting weird and shifty every time he was around a boy (like gay guys do :rolleyes: ).

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He left with Pippa in 1998. He returned around 2003 (recast and aged an extra few years) to visit the Bay. He stayed with Irene and Nick. It turned out he was gay but from memory it was a very badly done storyline. I don't remember much about it except that he spent the whole visit acting weird and shifty every time he was around a boy (like gay guys do :rolleyes: ).

Thanks for the answer beau_t, I thought he might've died years ago or something but you've put that thought to rest :)

Does anyone else think that Bobby is being rude in not telling Morag about the baby? She is her Mother, and sacrificed a lot to have her.

Whilst it is true that she sacrificed a lot to have Bobby as a baby, Morag has made it clear that she hates and wants nothing to do with her. There is absolutely no reason whateoever to believe that Morag would be interested in the fact that Bobby is pregnant, or that she wouldn't just bring on the insults thick and fast if Bobby was to tell her.

I understand what you and Ryan are saying, but Morag cared about Bobby, but couldn't admit it. After Bobby died in 1993, she came back for the funeral, and tried to attain custody of Sam, Bobby's foster child. I am sure that she would have been interested in meeting her grandchild, regardless of the circumstances.

Does anyone else think that Bobby is being rude in not telling Morag about the baby? She is her Mother, and sacrificed a lot to have her.

Whilst it is true that she sacrificed a lot to have Bobby as a baby, Morag has made it clear that she hates and wants nothing to do with her. There is absolutely no reason whateoever to believe that Morag would be interested in the fact that Bobby is pregnant, or that she wouldn't just bring on the insults thick and fast if Bobby was to tell her.

I understand what you and Ryan are saying, but Morag cared about Bobby, but couldn't admit it. After Bobby died in 1993, she came back for the funeral, and tried to attain custody of Sam, Bobby's foster child. I am sure that she would have been interested in meeting her grandchild, regardless of the circumstances.

What you say may hold some credibility, however the original question wasn't about what we know in hindsight, it was about why Bobby didn't want to tell Morag. And from Bobby's personal point of view, she has absolutely no reason to believe that Morag would be even slightly interested.

I really loved Marilyn's demostration of Othello. If she did that in class, I'm sure she'll pass, LOL.

Adam and Matt are going to be in so much trouble from Marilyn.

I'm glad Sally's over her silent treatment of Pippa, all over a motorbike. She may twelve but sometimes she acts like she's five. Sally was a real brat when she was young! Thank God she was better as an adult.

Paul is wimp. What Emma saw in him is beyond me. He needs to man up and realise he and Emma are basically over. Can't wait to see the back of him. Hope its soon.

And its just like Alf to shoot his mouth off without listening to reason.

And Donald is so cute being so protective of his daughter. And I loved his line, " Dinner at the rotary club with Alf hardly classifies as a hot date," or something like that.

What you say may hold some credibility, however the original question wasn't about what we know in hindsight, it was about why Bobby didn't want to tell Morag. And from Bobby's personal point of view, she has absolutely no reason to believe that Morag would be even slightly interested.

Good point/s. Fair enough. I actually believe that Morag and Bobby both cared about the other, they were just too stubborn and proud to admit it. They were actually very similar, something that they would hate to admit.

I really loved Marilyn's demostration of Othello. If she did that in class, I'm sure she'll pass, LOL.

Adam and Matt are going to be in so much trouble from Marilyn.

I'm glad Sally's over her silent treatment of Pippa, all over a motorbike. She may twelve but sometimes she acts like she's five. Sally was a real brat when she was young! Thank God she was better as an adult.

Paul is wimp. What Emma saw in him is beyond me. He needs to man up and realise he and Emma are basically over. Can't wait to see the back of him. Hope its soon.

And its just like Alf to shoot his mouth off without listening to reason.

And Donald is so cute being so protective of his daughter. And I loved his line, " Dinner at the rotary club with Alf hardly classifies as a hot date," or something like that.

"In summing up, I feel that I have answered the question with a resounding yes". :lol:

Good point/s. Fair enough. I actually believe that Morag and Bobby both cared about the other, they were just too stubborn and proud to admit it. They were actually very similar, something that they would hate to admit.

I'm not sure that Bobby cared about Morag. I think she cared that she had a rubbish relationship with her own mother, but remember when Morag was in hospital? Bobby told Frank she practically didn't care if Morag died. It was probably hot air due to the situation they were all in at the time, but I think Morag's outer hatred towards Bobby, just made Bobby despise her. I do think Morag cared about Bobby and particularly in recent years, she has dropped very subtle hints that she regrets her past.

Archived