Living In The Shadows

Guest alice93

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sammie picked at the hem of her new school dress, attempting to pull the material down to her knees. The school had insisted that all skirts had to be knee length, but Sammie’s barely reached the middle of her thighs. It felt tight around her chest and hips and, well, it was just disgusting.

She twirled around in the mirror, making sure the dress looked okay at the back. It didn’t. She was wearing knee length black socks, her black converse and her new Summer Bay High dress. She sighed, not happy at all with the way she looked. She grabbed her back pack and made her way into the kitchen, where Brax was stood with a milk carton in his hand.

“Can you not drink from the box please? It goes off quicker.” Brax just shrugged.

“Do you want a lift or not?” He quipped, not an ounce of humour in his voice. It was too early for comedy.

Sammie walked over to the kettle and made herself a cup of coffee, mindlessly stirring the black liquid, her mind elsewhere. At that moment, Casey walked in, a confused look on his face.

“How do you do this stupid tie up?” He threw his hands in the air, obviously exasperated.

“Come ‘ere.” Brax ordered, beckoning Casey to come over. “The rabbit goes twice around the tree, and then down the hole.” He prodded at the tie, and within a few seconds, it was neatly done up.

“You do realise how lame that sounds, don’t you?” Casey snapped, walking over to the table and sitting himself down.

“Aren’t you having any breakfast Case?” Sammie asked, raising and inquisitive eyebrow.

Casey shrugged. “Not hungry.” He mumbled, eyes still half closed with sleepiness.

“You need to eat Casey, you’re gunna need your strength.” Sammie pleaded, walking over to the fridge and getting some juice, pouring it in a glass and putting it on the table in front of Casey.

Casey stood up with great speed, practically throwing the juice back in his sister’s face. “I wish everyone would get off my case.” He declared. “Especially you!” He glared at Sammie and stormed out of the door. Sammie sighed and shook her head. Who said teenage boys didn’t have periods?

“Just ignore him Sam.” Brax remarked, taking the juice from Sammie’s hands and pouring it down the sink. “Now hurry up, or else we’re gunna be late.” And with that he walked out of the front door, joining Casey in the car. Sammie took in a deep breath, wishing for the day to be over already. She grabbed her school bag and joined her brothers in the car.

There was an awkward silence all the way into Summer Bay. Ever since that night they went surfing, Casey had been off with Sammie. He felt guilty because, after he got kicked out, Reefton Lakes High had said they never wanted anything to do with another Braxton again, and asked if Sammie could please leave as well. She had agreed; she never really liked school anyway, she had barely any friends there - most of them were older, and she would’ve preferred to go somewhere where she could keep an eye on Casey. So she had agreed to go, and Brax had got both of the teenagers a place at Summer Bay High. Summer Bay was about a mile away from Mangrove River, and had a reputation for being a lot nicer than Mangrove River, and apparently had “loads of hot chicks” according to many of Heath’s mates.

It took about ten minutes to drive there, and eventually Casey and Sammie got out of their brother’s car, bemused looks on the siblings faces.

“Good Luck.” Brax nodded at them from inside the car, before driving off, leaving the two youngest Braxton’s stood outside on their own.

Summer Bay High wasn’t as big as Reefton Lakes, and had about half the amount of graffiti. It looked pretty much like your average school, and had quite a few students, all with identical uniforms, stood outside. They both began to walk forward at the same time, getting closer and closer to the front door.

“You nervous?” Sammie asked her brother, her legs like jelly.

“Of course not!” Casey snapped, he was probably to cool to be nervous.

“Me either.” Sammie swallowed, entering the school and all of a sudden being surrounded by lockers. At that moment a teacher walked up to them, he had short dark and hair, and a t-shirt on - rather casual attire for a school teacher.

“Hey you must be Casey and Sammie.” He mused, a big smile on his face. The pair just looked at him, thoroughly unimpressed. “Okay, your not big talkers.” He laughed. “Follow me please.”

He took the pair to Gina Palmer’s office. Mrs Palmer was the head teacher, and was pretty decent looking, in a slightly overweight, middle aged kind of way. “Welcome.” She smiled when they came in, an incredibly fake smile which suggested she’s rather be anywhere else. She motioned for the pair to take a seat on the opposite side of her desk, and sat down in her own chair.

The next twenty minutes were spent with her giving them a lecture, and talking at them about how no type of violence was tolerated at this school, and wishing them well. She gave them their timetables and told them to wait outside, whilst she got two students to come and take them to their first class.

The two stood awkwardly together, new timetables in hand. There were many unspoken words hanging in the air.

“I’m sorry I snapped at you this morning.” Casey spoke first, his voice dripping with sincerity. He seemed genuinely upset.

“It’s fine Case.” His sister smiled. “I completely understand, you‘re just nervous.”

They both laughed. “Yeah, but don’t go telling’ anybody that.” Casey remarked, happy that the tension had been relieved.

“You know I wouldn’t do that.” Sammie smiled, briefly looking to her brother.

A tall blonde guy with beautiful blue eyes came first to pick up Casey. Sammie whispered her brother a good luck, and with that, they walked off together in silence - obviously not too impressed to be in each other’s company.

Sammie waited there for another five minutes, wondering whether it would just be easier to find the class herself. It wouldn’t take five minutes to walk around this school. Eventually someone came, a lanky looking boy with short brown hair and brown eyes. “Hey, I’m Dex.” He said shyly.

The reletionship between Casey and Sammie is written really well I'm liking them together

I think I might be falling a bit in love with Sammie :wub: she just seems really cool

will something happen with her and Dex

look forward to more

Wow great chapter. Really liking the bond between Casey and Sammie. Really wish she was actually a character on the show. I'm guessing that it was Romeo or Xavier who came to pick up Casey. And aww hope something happens between Sammie and Dex - but I would think that he would be a bit tame for someone like Sammie - but maybe she needs someone to calm her down a bit.

Update soon please - I'm really liking this story :).

Thank you so much guys. Your comments made me so happy, and I'm glad Sammie is coming across how I want her too.

Pembie - I'm really happy that Sammie is such a likeable character. Thank you for that :)

soph - Yeah, I think Dex is pretty tame compared to Sammie, but still...opposites attract and all that :wub:

Archived