Living In The Shadows

Guest alice93

I really liked that chapter

It was funny how Sam thought Dex would like dirt bikes because his a guy :lol:

I could picture Dex clinging on to her for his life when he got on her bike :lol:

For their 2nd date I think Sam should do something geeky she choose dirt bikes Dex's turn next he could take her to comic con :lol:

update soon :D

Haha I will definately keep that idea in mind (no, seriously, great idea!) I guess growing up with Brax and Heath has slightly skewed her idea of what most men are really like! Lol :) x

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha Sammie took Dex dirtbiking, was not expecting that!! I am now trying to picture Dex doing this :lol:

Great update, more soon please :)

Haha, believe me, I had enough trouble doing that myself. Thank you so much for your comment :) x

When Sammie got home, it was late. She had spent the night in Summer Bay chilling with Dex and his friend April, who she’d really gotten along with. They'd had a great time, not doing anything special, just sitting in the Diner with chocolate Milkshakes and talking. She had insisted on walking home on her own, and even took a special detour she liked to take - to think things over.

She was pleased to see Casey’s bedroom light on; that meant he was home, and she could tell him about her new found friends. However, when she stepped inside the warm house, the whole of the days events were instantly forgotten as the sound of her mother’s screaming filled her ears. She looked over at Casey, who was leant on the kitchen counter. He shook his head slowly at his sister, and Sammie took that as a sign to not even try and talk to her mother, who was shouting down the phone, cursing like a sailor.

Casey moved into the safety of his room, and Sammie followed him, determined to find out the truth.

“What’s wrong? What’s happened Case?” She walked into the room to see Casey sat on his bed, his head in his hands. Her voice was full of panic.

“It’s Heath.” Casey spoke through his hands, an angry tone to his voice. “He’s been arrested for assault.”

Sammie couldn’t believe it. She walked over to her brother’s bed and sat on it, her legs shaking all of a sudden. “Whaa…” She tried to talk, but didn’t really have enough air in her to do so.

She sat there, truly surprised and worried. Both Brax and Heath had been in trouble with the police plenty of times before, they were hated by cops all over the place. And they hated the cops too. You could say the police were the Braxton’s only sworn enemies. But never, had Sammie ever expected her brothers to actually end up in jail, they just seemed…invincible.

“He’ll be okay though,” She found her breath again, and used to it try and reassure the both of them. “Brax is with him, he’ll get him out in no time, right?” She had a hard time swallowing, her throat had gone dry.

“If that’s what you want to keep telling yourself.” Casey said unenthusiastically, his red eyes glazed over from tiredness. “He smashed a bottle over a guys head apparently, even Brax is going to have a hard time getting him out of that one.”

Sammie felt like crying, and she did so, one tear dripping down her cheek. She quickly wiped it away and stood up enthusiastically. “Well why don’t we go to the police station and see him.” She just wanted to do something to help.

“Don’t bother, it’s too late.” Casey’s voice sounded tired and fed up, and he laid back on his bed. “Just go to bed sis, worry about it in the morning. It’s too…” And with that, he drifted off into a peaceful sleep. Sammie pulled the covers over him, and went into the living room to find her mum sat there smoking, a beer bottle in hand.

“Mum.” She went over and sat next to her mother on the sofa. “Is Heath going to be okay?” She wanted the reassurance that she didn’t get from Casey from her mum.

“Who knows?” Cheryl sighed nonchalantly. “I’m not sure I even care anymore.” Cheryl’s eyes remained firmly on the television screen the whole time, her eyes not even glazing over her daughter.

Sammie decided it was probably best to try and get some sleep, and left her mother on the couch, drinking away her sorrows. As she crawled into her cold, hard bed, she couldn’t help but let her thoughts wonder over to Heath.

“Keep your feet on the pedals, don’t let them touch the floor.” A sixteen year old Heath was having trouble suppressing his laughter, as he watched his baby sister struggle to keep herself from falling off the bike. He had been trying to teach her to ride for a few weeks now, and this was her 3rd time on the track. She wasn’t very good at it, but Heath knew she would get there in the end. After all, she was just like their brother Brax; strong and determined.

“Promise you won’t let go of the bike Heath?” A young Sammie pleaded with her older brother, absolutely scared stiff.

“I promise Sam.” His strong arm kept a firm hold on the back of his sister’s bike, as she slowly progressed forward on the vehicle.

As they went further and further around the track, Sammie found herself feeling more and more confident in her ability. “I think you can let go now, Heath.” The young girl said, her voice still indicating that she was unsure. Heath didn't really want to let go, but knew he had to. He never let his younger brother or sister wimp out of anything. He had taken it upon himself to teach them how to be tough. After all, Brax was just soft with the two youngest Braxton's, and they needed to learn how to protect themselves.

“Okay…Here goes.” Heath let go of the bike, and cheered loudly when his sister zoomed forward of her own accord, accumulating speed by the second. He really was every inch the proud big brother.

The sound of the front door slamming awakened Sam from her slumber. She was groggy for a moment, until she remembered what she had learned last night. She sat up quickly, it was still dark outside, meaning it hadn’t hit morning. She found herself running to greet whoever had come through the door.

“Heath?” She yelled almost quietly, while she was disappointed, seeing only Brax standing by the door. “Oh…hey.” She looked down to her feet, all the hope flooding out of her.

“Wow, I’ve had better greeting than that before.” He joked, chucking his jacket on one of the kitchen chairs.

“I’m sorry.” Sammie’s voice wobbled. “How’s Heath?”

“Oh he’s fine.” Brax said casually, as if their brother was just staying at a friends house, not actually in jail.

“Well if he’s so fine, then why hasn’t he come home with you?” She snapped angrily at him. She didn’t mean to, she was just worried for Heath.

“Look, Sammie, don’t worry about it.” He walked closer to his sister, tucking a piece of her hair behind her ear. “I’m posting his bail tomorrow morning as soon as I can get to the bank. I’ll sort it out, you know I always do. Heath will be fine.”

“Yeah I know, I’m sorry. You always sort stuff out Brax.” Sammie apologised, her body now slightly less tense.

“Go back to bed.” Brax smiled a convincing smile at his sister.

I ahve been reading this fic for a while now and i love it...

Sorry didnt commetn sooner

I am glad Sam has Dex and April as her friends... Do i sense a love triangle

I hope Heath can get out soon... Is ti Miles he assulted...?

I like how Brax looks out for his babysister its realy cute

I loved the flashback of Heath teching her to surf

I love how they have a sister... and are so protective of her..

She really si one of them aint she lolz

Looking forward to the next chapter :)

Archived