Living In The Shadows

Guest alice93

Great update,

Glad that Sammie has found friends in Dex and April,

Oh dear Heath has assaulted someone (I'm guessing that the person was Miles like in the show).

More soon please

Yes, I really like the idea of them as a trio, look forward to some interesting plot lines involving them ; ) And yes, the guy was Miles, good job realising that. Thanks for your comment : )

Hmmm, I'm wondering about Heath now and who he's assaulted.

I look forward to more.

Well done.

Very well written.

Love Carina

xxx :wub:

The person Heath assaulted is actually who he "assaulted" when the River Boys first came to the bay; Miles. Thank you so much for the compliment : )

Hope Brax can help Heath out of trouble :unsure:

Liked The flashback that was sweet

update soon.

Me too pembie :\ Thank you, I'm considering doing more flashback scenes, I think they would be a nice integration.

I ahve been reading this fic for a while now and i love it...

Sorry didnt commetn sooner

I am glad Sam has Dex and April as her friends... Do i sense a love triangle

I hope Heath can get out soon... Is ti Miles he assulted...?

I like how Brax looks out for his babysister its realy cute

I loved the flashback of Heath teching her to surf

I love how they have a sister... and are so protective of her..

She really si one of them aint she lolz

Looking forward to the next chapter :)

Yay! A new commenter *cracks open champagne* Hehe. Thank you so much for the comment. I'm glad you like the family dynamic between them : ) And yes, it is Miles who was assaulted by Heath.

Thanks guys! :) xxx

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The next day, Sammie woke up feeling slightly panicked. She quickly got changed out of her pyjamas, pulling on a pair of denim shirts and a black tank top. She ran through to the main part of the house, disappointed when she didn’t see the middle Braxton brother there, as she had expected. Disheartened, she went into the kitchen and poured herself a cup of coffee, not really wanting to drink it, but she had to do something to keep her mind off her family issues. At that moment, her mother walked into the kitchen, still in her dressing gown, her hair hanging limply over her shoulders.

“You’re up early darling.” She said, her voice eerily happy.

“I didn’t exactly sleep well.” The youngest Braxton replied to her mother’s comment, taking a sip of her luke-warm coffee.

“Me either.” Cheryl replied. “I can’t believe your stupid brother, always getting himself caught by the cops.” She spoke rudely of her middle son. At that moment, Brax and Heath both walked into the kitchen, Heath looking worn out.

“Heath!” Sammie ran to her older brother and hugged him tightly, extremely glad to have him home.

“Hey Sam!” Heath didn’t exactly return the hug, but instead patted his sisters back lightly, a bemused look on his face.

“Are you hungry?” She fussed. “You look tired, are you tired? Would you like me to cook you some breakfast? What about you Brax? Are you hungry?”

The three adults laughed, it was typical of the youngest Braxton to want to cook for her brothers when there was a problem.

“I’m fine thanks Sam-wich.” He smiled, using the familiar nick-name that he knew she hated. “Fancy going for a surf though.” He looked at Brax, and then back to Sammie. “You fancy it?” He asked the both of them.

“I would love to.” Sammie gleamed, so relieved that everything seemed to be back to normal. “I’ll go see if Casey’s up.” She passed both her brothers and her mother, and went toward Casey’s room.

“Case?” She knocked. “Casey are you in there?” There was a quiet grunt from her brothers room, and she took that as a hint to enter. Casey was still in bed…typical.

“Hey lazy, you wanna coming surfing with me, Heath and Brax?” She asked hopefully.

“Nghh.” Was the only reply she got, and she took it as a no. Casey was always a grump in the mornings, well, he was always a grump period.

As three of the four Braxton siblings walked toward the beach, surf boards hung casually under their arms, they sure were a sight to see. The two men were muscle bound and tanned, their chiselled faces and messy hair only adding to their already Adonis features. The girl, obviously a few years younger, was almost as tall as her two brothers, and despite her young age, had a perfect hourglass figure, back length blonde hair, baby blue eyes and sharp cheekbones, with an upturned nose. They certainly were a good looking family. In fact, no-one in Summer Bay could stop looking at the three beautiful figures. Not just because of their appearances, but also, because the night before, two of them were caught up in a big fight, at Angelo’s.

News like this spread fast in Summer Bay, and was taken very seriously by the inhabitants. The people who lived there were not happy to see the two men strolling so casually down to their beach.

“Why is everybody looking at us?” Sammie asked naively.

“Well…“ Brax began. “We might have got into a bit of trouble last night.”

“Trouble?” Sammie stopped dead in her tracks, turning round to face her siblings. “What do you mean trouble? Were you guys in a fight.”

“Look it wasn’t out fault. They just had a problem with us being there.” Heath chipped in.

“Yeah? I wonder why?” Sammie spat her words at her two brothers. “Why can’t you just stay out of trouble. It just seems to follow you around.” She knew exactly why it did, they were in a dangerous gang. She knew it, but it didn't mean she had to like it.

The two boys looked at their sister sheepishly. It was always the same thing every time either of them got in trouble with the police.

A/N: Short, I know. But I just had to get something out there. Hope you liked!

Sammie sat on the beach, looking out into the ocean. It was a particularly nice day, the sun was out and the blue water was glistening - inviting people in. But Sammie didn’t really fancy the water at this moment in time, she was too busy sulking on the beach. Having wondered off from her brothers, she waited for them to leave the beach, hiding in the trees, before going out to sit in the sand, all on her own.

“I thought I might find you here.” A small voice, coming from behind her, startled Sammie as she turned round to see her friend Dex standing there, flip flops in hand.

“Hey.” She said moodily, turning her attentions back onto the ocean.

“You look like I feel. You wanna talk about it?” He asked, sitting down beside her. Dex didn’t really like the ocean, but he was willing to sit there and stare at it for hours if it meant helping his friend.

“Not really.” Sammie was looking down at her feet now, a sad look on her face. This was the first time Dex had seen her look vulnerable. Most of the time she was so bouncing and full of energy, and her posture was threatening. But today, she was hunched over, her face as glum as the moon. “It’s just family stuff, y’know?”

Dex knew, he knew exactly what she meant. The two of them sat there in silence for a little while, both staring at the feet. They sat together, quiet as anything, like two people who had known each other for years, and just enjoyed each others company. It was comforting for both of them to know that they weren’t alone, that there was someone who understood them.

“There she is!” Sammie recognised the voice of Heath, as she turned round to see all three of her brothers walking toward her.

“I better go, I’d rather not get beaten up by your brothers.” Dex smiled at Sammie kindly, before getting up and wiping the sand off his jeans. “Good luck!”

“Thanks.” She smiled back appreciatively, and he walked off, away from her and her brothers.

“Where did you get to?” Heath asked obnoxiously as the three of them reached their youngest sister on the sand. Sammie had to fight off the urge to go up to him and punch him in the face.

“I just needed some time to think.” She was still sat down, and still looking out into the ocean, refusing to look at her siblings.

“Yeah, well next time you run off like that, can you please just keep your phone on or something?” Brax inquired calmly, a concerned tone to his voice.

“Will do.” Sammie replied absent-mindedly, and directed her gaze back down to her feet. She heard some mumbling behind her, and eventually two pairs of footsteps walked off in the direction of the water, and one walked up closer to her.

Casey Braxton sunk down onto the sand next to his sister, carefully placing his surf board on the ground.

“Brax said you stormed off after he told you about Heath‘s arrest.” Casey suggested, understandingly.

“You knew as well?” Sammie asked bitterly. “You knew what he did and you didn’t tell me?”

“I did tell you, I said he got arrested for hitting some guy over the head with a bottle.”

“Yeah, but you didn’t tell me that he actually did it.” Sammie started tearing up, and Casey put his arm lightly around her shoulder. “I thought it was just police blaming him like it usually is.”

“Don’t cry.” Casey whispered, rubbing his sisters back lightly.

“Why couldn’t I just be born into a normal family? One that doesn’t cause grievous bodily harm to others, and hang about in a gang?”

“I know how you feel.” Casey feigned sympathy. “I want to get out too. Maybe we can, one day.”

“Yeah right. It’s like you always say; Mangrove River’s a black hole. No one gets out.” She wiped a stray tear off her bronzed cheek.

“Well maybe I was wrong.” Casey admitted. “Maybe if we tried hard at school, we could get out and make a life for ourselves. How does that sound?” He suggested, his only intention was to cheer up his sister.

“Sounds good.” She sniffed, wiping her nose with the back of her hand.

“And don’t worry about Brax and Heath, they can take care of themselves.”

Sammie smiled at her brother, silently thanking him for reassuring her. He was quite possibly the only person who never failed to cheer her up.

“Fancy a surf?” Casey suggested, helping his sister up before they both walked off, into the glistening blue ocean.

Awwww Poor Sammie she really looks out for her brothers and worries about them... even tho it should be the other way round...

Loved these two chapters... Brilliant :)

Loved seeing Sammie venerable... Helped to understand why she is so closed up

Awww Sam and Dex are cute

Update soon plz :)

Awwww Poor Sammie she really looks out for her brothers and worries about them... even tho it should be the other way round...

Loved these two chapters... Brilliant :)

Loved seeing Sammie venerable... Helped to understand why she is so closed up

Awww Sam and Dex are cute

Update soon plz :)

Thank you for your comment : ) I'm glad you enjoyed seeing another side to her, and glad you think they're cute xD x

Great to see Sammie not so tough,

liked the pact that she and Casey made about doing well in school and making lives for themselves,

more soon please :D

Thank you, I'm glad people are liking the softer side to Sammie : ) x

I really enjoyed the last two chapters

Like the bond between Sammie and Casey hope they can getout of the gang

is Dex and Sammie going to get together ?

Thank you, so do I. And you'll just have to wait and see xD x

Archived