Living In The Shadows

Guest alice93

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was an absolutely brilliant first chapter!

I love how you portray Brax especially, and I love how Sammie and Heath bicker a lot! It's nice too that Sammie is there to comfort Casey!

Hope Brax doesn't get too angry with Casey, and that he understands!

I wish there was a girl Braxton in the show actually! That would have been such a great addition to this already complicated family!

Maybe a girl will arrive in the Bay stating she is their half-sister or something, through Pa Braxton! It could be quite interesting! :P

Looking forward to the next chapter!

Please update soon! :D

Sammie laid back onto her bed, letting the soothing sound of Blink 182 fill her ears, and drowning out the noisy TV programme her mother was watching. It was about 10 ‘o’ clock in the evening, and Heath and Brax had gone out around two hours ago, leaving Sammie, Cheryl and Casey to eat tea together.

Sammie had decided to make Casey’s favourite meal, a pathetic attempt at cheering him up. They had sat in uncomfortable silence for most of the meal, with nothing but the sound of chewing to listen to. When the meal had ended, and each of them had finished, Sammie quickly gathered the plates to do the washing up, whilst her mum went to sit in front of the Tele again, and her brother disappeared off to his room.

Sammie’s eyelids felt heavy, and her head hurt from listening to the loud voices of her brother and mother all evening. All she really wanted to do was go to the beach and surf. She wanted to forget everything that had happened that night, and riding the waves was possibly the only way of doing so. She had made her mind up; she had to get out of the house. Slipping her converse on in a hurry, she knocked carefully on Casey’s door, making sure that he had answered before venturing in. He was sat on his front on the bed, reading a book. He turned round when his sister entered the room and smiled.

“Hey sis, what’s up?” He turned over onto his back and slowly sat up.

“How are you feeling?” She walked over to him, and sat next to him on the edge of his bed.

“I’m alright.” Casey’s head was hung low, a sure sign he was disappointed in himself. “Brax didn’t exactly given me an easy time.”

“What exactly did he say?” Sammie asked, curious as to what her brothers had talked about when they had disappeared outside.

“He said that he couldn’t believe what an idiot I was being, and that maybe this time he should leave me to sort out my own mess.”

The younger of the two frowned, it didn’t sound like Brax not to look out for his family. “ But he’s going to look into an alternative for me tomorrow.” He continued.

Sammie smiled, relieved. If anyone could sort this mess out, it was Brax. “Well.” She started, eager to leave the house. “Fancy going for a surf?”

“Now?” Casey looked at his watch, surprised. “It’s dark outside.”

“Ah, so you’re not completely stupid after all.” Sammie pushed her brother playfully, giggling enough to show the light heartedness of the situation. Casey laughed, standing up all of a sudden.

“Well come on then, sis.” He put his hand out for her to grab, and she did so, being pulled up with a great force.

The pair both grabbed their surf boards, and raced each other to the beach. It was what they always did, and Sammie always won - much to Casey’s dismay. Once they had reached Wilson‘s Beach, and the little bit of sand that was still uncovered by the water, they smiled. The waves didn’t look too bad for this time of night.

They got out into the waves as fast as they could, trying with all their might to catch a successful break. Sammie managed a few times, and Casey once, but they soon realised that these conditions were not the best for surfing in, and quickly got out to wrap their towels around them.

“Well done sis,” Casey stuck his knuckles out for Sammie to give him some skin. “You’re not as crap as you used to be.” He winked, smiling slightly.

“Shut up.” Sammie shoved her brother again, this time with more force. Nobody insulted her surfing skills.

They both began slowly to walk back, neither really wanting to reach the house. They’d had enough of their mothers anger that night to last them a lifetime. As they got closer towards the houses, Sammie began to hear loud music, and what sounded like rowdy teenagers. She sighed knowingly, as she recognised three of the boys, all stood by their car, as Casey’s loser friends from school.

“Caseeeey!” One of them roared loudly, throwing his hands up in the air and spilling his beer everywhere in the process.

Sammie looked at her brother who was smiling at those boys. She made her best disgusted face when one of them greeted her, putting their arm around her. “Now then Casey,” He nodded at Casey. “Baby Braxton.” He looked down at Sammie, his beer stained breath seeping right up her nostrils.

“What’s up loser?” She snarled, carefully removing his arm from around her. “I’m off home.” She decided. “Are you coming Casey?” She asked her brother, but he was now a few feet away from her, admiring one of the boys dodgy looking cars. “I guess I’ll see you later then.” She said under her breath, turning on her heel and continuing the walk home on her own. She heard one of the boys yell something at her, but just continued to walk, all of a sudden in a hurry to get home.

Archived