Dex/April

I wasn't a big fan of their relationship because I didn't believe Xavier would get over Ruby but nobody was hating on him for moving on so fast.

What?!Why should they?I don't see any comparison at all, Xavier didn't even know April when he and Ruby broke up, which was basically down to Ruby anyway, not a case of April throwing a strop and breaking Xavier's heart when he'd done nothing wrong.I accept my views were possibly clouded because I never liked Xavier and Ruby as a couple, so when April turned up I was like "Finally!They've found Xavier a girlfriend that he actually has chemistry with!"And now they've apparently got bored with them and decided to push April towards someone that, in my opinion, she doesn't have the right sort of romantic chemistry with.I said before that April should put Dexter straight and tell him to stay away and arguably she has.It could be as much about not wanting to ruin their friendship and her relationship with Xavier as being in denial about her supposed feelings.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't a big fan of their relationship because I didn't believe Xavier would get over Ruby but nobody was hating on him for moving on so fast.

What?!Why should they?

Because your obviously a Xavier/April fan. Xavier and Ruby have fans and so do April/Dexter. I understand you have your reasons for not liking Dexter having feelings for April but he does, it doesn't make him a bad person or a bad friend and from what I've seen you have no point because they have done nothing wrong, yet.

What?!Why should they?I don't see any comparison at all, Xavier didn't even know April when he and Ruby broke up, which was basically down to Ruby anyway, not a case of April throwing a strop and breaking Xavier's heart when he'd done nothing wrong.I accept my views were possibly clouded because I never liked Xavier and Ruby as a couple, so when April turned up I was like "Finally!They've found Xavier a girlfriend that he actually has chemistry with!"And now they've apparently got bored with them and decided to push April towards someone that, in my opinion, she doesn't have the right sort of romantic chemistry with.I said before that April should put Dexter straight and tell him to stay away and arguably she has.It could be as much about not wanting to ruin their friendship and her relationship with Xavier as being in denial about her supposed feelings.

I would accept your issues with them "pushing April towards someone else" if it was the original Xavier/April relationship. However you have to admit that the way they got back together was pretty random and came out of nowhere. If you think the April/Dex pairing was forced what do you call how her and Xavier got back together? He was pining after Miranda for weeks and then just out of the blue he bumps into April and they're back together by the end of the episode!!

As for April trying to save her friendship with Dex rather than being in denial, I don't agree. I really think if she didn't feel anything and just wanted to save their friendship she'd have let Dex say it and then she'd have dealt with it, let him down easy. The fact that she wouldn't even let him say the words would suggest to me that she didn't want to deal with it because she doesn't know how she feels.

What?!Why should they?I don't see any comparison at all, Xavier didn't even know April when he and Ruby broke up, which was basically down to Ruby anyway, not a case of April throwing a strop and breaking Xavier's heart when he'd done nothing wrong.I accept my views were possibly clouded because I never liked Xavier and Ruby as a couple, so when April turned up I was like "Finally!They've found Xavier a girlfriend that he actually has chemistry with!"And now they've apparently got bored with them and decided to push April towards someone that, in my opinion, she doesn't have the right sort of romantic chemistry with.

I would accept your issues with them "pushing April towards someone else" if it was the original Xavier/April relationship. However you have to admit that the way they got back together was pretty random and came out of nowhere. If you think the April/Dex pairing was forced what do you call how her and Xavier got back together? He was pining after Miranda for weeks and then just out of the blue he bumps into April and they're back together by the end of the episode!!

Pretty random?I guess it depends on your perspective.I think the fact that they had a prior relationship, and only a relatively short time previous, stops it being random.As April said at the time, she only broke up with him because she was messed up, not because there was anything wrong with the relationship.We'd had that episode where Xavier bought her the necklace for her birthday and it was the only thing that made her smile all day, we'd had the episode where Heath threw her in the swimming pool and Xavier looked after her.With shipping glasses firmly on, you could view the thing with Miranda as a rebound relationship.I guess it depends on your perspective.If you're a fan of Xav/April, then you're convinced they still like each other and examining their every tiny bit of interaction for subtext and it doesn't feel random.If you're not a fan of the pair and/or you're a fan of Dex/April, I accept you could see it as a bit left field.

Well obviously they've got history, so in that respect it wasn't a random pairing, but I do feel their getting back together was very out of the blue.

I think if we try to look at it from a neutral point of view, that is not as a fan of either couple, the reason they put April back with Xavier was to act as a foil and as a catalyst to Dex/April. That's why it happened so fast. If they'd had them reconnect over a longer period of time and then get back together it would've made the Dexter thing much much worse. As it is it doesn't seem quite as big a deal because of how quickly and randomly they got back together.

Obviously if you're a fan of Xavier/April you'd still think it's a big deal, and that's fair enough.

Personally I wish they could have gotten Dex and April together without having to involve Xavier so as to avoid all the annoyance that will arise from it happening this way.

Yey for Dex and April! :D Not sure I'm liking the way they went about it though. Getting April back with Xavier seemed pretty pointless imo.....but yeah, can't wait for Dex and April! :D

I don't mind that they kissed behind Xavier's back, but once they decided that they wanted to be together they should've come right out and told Xavier straight away. From the promo it looks like they don't, for whatever reason, and that in my book makes it cheating... unless they decide to not see eachother until she tells Xavier... but still, kind of cheating. All that said, I don't really care :lol: They're adorable!! :wub: