Dex/April

I liked Dexter and April as friends and they could have been cute that way but the attempt to suddenly make them have feelings for each other seems very forced to me and in my opinion they don't have as good a chemistry or spark off each other as well as April does with Xavier.The cheating is just another reason to dislike them because the relationship is portraying them both in a very negative light.

I agree with everything here but if they hadnt cheated on Xavier, I think in time even Xavier would get used to the situation but they have broken Xavier's heart and for that reason, I dont think I will like either April or Dex for a long time.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked Dexter and April as friends and they could have been cute that way but the attempt to suddenly make them have feelings for each other seems very forced to me and in my opinion they don't have as good a chemistry or spark off each other as well as April does with Xavier.The cheating is just another reason to dislike them because the relationship is portraying them both in a very negative light.

I agree with everything here but if they hadnt cheated on Xavier, I think in time even Xavier would get used to the situation but they have broken Xavier's heart and for that reason, I dont think I will like either April or Dex for a long time.

I was caught up in something like this when I was a teen. and the most damage donw was to the male-male relationship. Amazing how at 16, a kiss or two is considered 'cheating"

I was caught up in something like this when I was a teen. and the most damage donw was to the male-male relationship. Amazing how at 16, a kiss or two is considered 'cheating"

It is cheating. I have been cheated on and whilst I got over it and forgave them both, it is still painful and wrong and why I can never accept cheating

I hate the fact that the writers have made Dex into a cheater. He had a good girlfriend in Kate. Why mess up his friendship with Xavier & April because I can't see either of them staying together. & I really need to stop letting it get to me. <_<

I hate the fact that the writers have made Dex into a cheater. He had a good girlfriend in Kate. Why mess up his friendship with Xavier & April because I can't see either of them staying together. & I really need to stop letting it get to me. <_<

I never really like Dexter and Kate together.

I guess there's a certain irony in the fact that Dexter's waited all this time to have some friends and when he does he cracks onto one of their girlfriends...

Okay, so I'm going to attempt to defend Dex here.

I guess I'll preface this by saying that I don't condone his actions, and think cheating is completely wrong and he deserved to get punched in the face by Xavier, BUT

Like you said, Dex hasn't had many friends. He doesn't understand peer interaction. He recognises feelings and impulsiveness, and he's creative and intuitive, but that means that he doesn't necessarily think things through. If anything, he overthinks to the point of beating something to death with a stick, because ultimately because of the lack friends he's had, his only example about how to deal with people and enter relationships come from his father, and to a less extent his sister.

Sid does not have the best track record with relationships. His wife left him because of infedelity, and you would assume that this would mean that Dex would understand that cheating is wrong, and causes hurt to others. But Dex has never been on that other side -- where he's had feelings for someone, and they've reciprocated in a very real, tangible way. In the animal kingdom there is no 'he is my friend so his girlfriend is a no-go zone', and ultimately I think that Dex just hasn't had the experience to know that he should be valuing whatever mediocre friendship he had with Xavier first, and then becoming April's boyfriend second.

To be honest, I don't see Dex and April being in it for the long haul. Yes, they were arguably closer, friendship-wise, than Dex was with Annie or Adrian, but the foundation from which the relationship started isn't really there. I don't doubt that Dex likes April, she's smart and funny and they seem to have that 'we're both outsiders so we understand each other' thing going on, but I think that they'll confess their feelings to each other because Dex thinks he knows what love is, but then it'll peeter out and they'll drift apart.

It is frustrating that Dexter's been ignoring other girls that would have been just as good for him, which kind of invalidates the "He has to be with April because he'd be lonely otherwise" argument.I was mildly shipping him and Summer after the stuff at the party where there seemed to be a spark between them so I was annoyed that was dispensed with so quickly.And even Dexter himself admitted Kate was perfect for him and she seemed to like him but he was too busy obsessing over April to give it a chance.

I do acknowledge that Xavier and Dexter's friendship has been a bit one-sided, with Dexter helping Xavier out more than the other way round, but I see that as the way the storyline was written rather than the strength of their friendship, Xavier seemed just as concerned about Dexter being on his own as April(and didn't feel the need to start a cat fight with his new girlfriend).I don't really buy that Dexter's not experienced enough to consider other people's feelings.He was in a similar situation with Annie and Jai and all three of them ended up getting hurt as a result.April's got even less excuse, her looking down on Bianca whenever she finds herself in a love triangle is starting to feel extremely hypocritical.

I hope they do peter out because they do feel more like good friends who've mistaken the friendship for something else rather than soul mates.Given that they've overstepped the line with each other and come close to alienating everyone else, I can see them both ending up with no friends at the end of this.Then again, on this show there's a good chance it'll end up as "Cheating gets you a happy ending."

I don't think Xapril was forced at all, there was an instant spark between them and they worked well together.Dexter and April hooking up is only a natural progression if you accept the theory the show seems to be following this year, that if a male and female start spending time together it can't be because they like each other as people, which initially seemed to be the case, it has to be because they secretly want to pash each other.Just because they were cute as friends doesn't mean they should start dating.For me, that actually stopped them being cute because I thought it was the wrong direction for the characters.