Summer Bay High (by Skykat) - comments

bay girl

Great stuff ILM. You two are turning into quite the double act :D

I'm so glad you kept developing Cassie - she's turning into quite the star supporting-cast member in this fic. A lot of layers and someone I believe a lot of people would be able to identify with. Like most, I really enjoy the Cassie/Martha friendship and Martha, like Cassie, I believe has quite a bit of potential as a character. It's good to see a fic where the girls shine :D

Liked what you did with Hayley in that chapter and it will be interesting to see if you end up going all the way. Even if you don't that should add even more depth to Hayley's character, surely making her a lot more vulnerable. Great stuff.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Skykat. I'm afraid I'm not any good at writing a review. I do have a lot of sympathy for Hayley though over what happened at the end. I hope she will be rescued.

I'm sorry. I forgot to say thank you to Ilovemusic for writing the last update.

Edited by chair

First of all thank you all for the reviews. I want to add mine about this chapter because I didn't write it myself and I think ILM deserves to know how well she wrote my chapter for me :P

So, for ILM:

Firstly Cassie. You first sparked me off with the idea of creating Cassie in more depth and I started it in the last chapter but you've really gone running with her in this chapter. Love how her character is so increasingly vulnerable and tormented yet how Hayley sees her as a threat. I love the way you interweave past events so effortlessly with current ones and your description really creates some superb emotion. Needless to say I really loved how you wrote Cassie in this chapter and you've set her up really well for what I (and you) have in mind for her.

Martha: I was never a Martha fan (actually I'm not a Martha fan as most people will be aware) but I'm quite enjoying writing Martha and I have loads more in mind for her. Her friendship with Cassie was created more out of convenience than anything else but this chapter for me really explored their friendship and I'm so pleased you did because it has fed me with an awful lot of ideas, some you know and some you don't, regarding her character. I'm getting quite excited by what I have in mind!

Hayley: Is it wrong that I love how well you write my bitchy Hayley? Her put down comments are like therapy to write but I feel you've managed in one chapter to explore her in much more depth than I managed in ten chapters. The flashbacks to the past were awesome and the Nick stuff was a great idea. I love the dramatic ending...exactly what I wanted to create but I feel you created it so much better than I would have done and I can't thank you enough for that.

I'm really glad I gave you the Hayley/Kane stuff to write because you really manage to capture him so well, he really comes to life for me when you write him.

Thank you so much for this chapter, I loved it on so many levels and I am inspired with so many new idea that I'm going to go get it all down on paper and I'll hopefully be able to discuss everything with you in the next few days.

Jamey-Maria, thank you very much for your lovely, long review. As somebody who explores everything in too much detail it's fantastic to receive such an awesomely detailed review. I love reading exactly what you like and don't like about my characters and why you get and don't get them. (Hint to anyone who reviews my stories :P ) I'm especially glad you're feeling the Gypsy stuff because she's probably one of my favourite characters ever and I love writing her. Obviously putting her with Jack instantly turns her into a hate figure but to me she's so much more complex than that, in many ways I think she's more vulnerable than Cassie. So I thank you so much for getting her and to Jess and others who are getting where Gypsy is coming from. Jack, I'll be honest I don't like and his character just seemed suitably weak enough to write the way I have. I'd never really actually considered his character though which is a major flaw on my part and its certainly something I plan to rectify, I'd like to try and explore a bit of why Jack does what he does so thank you for the inspiration for that. I can promise you plenty more Noah/Kit, I find them so easy to write and I have an awful lot planned for Hayley/Kane/Cassie/Martha and I know ILM has a lot of ideas on that as well so there's lots more to come there. I have a lot of ideas for this fic but I'm still not 100% sure where it'll go, I have a great habit of changing my mind....There'll be lots more drama though so thank you once again for your lovely, long review.

To those who regulary read and review. Thanks once again for your comments, I know I take everything on board and I'm certain ILM will appreciate them too. I also want to add a thank you for being so patient over the past few months. I know a lot of you are aware that I've had some major personal problems recently and my head has been nowhere near on writing except really dark stuff which is too disturbing to even post. I feel like I am getting back on track though, things are starting to go well at home and I'm off to Portugal for a week skydiving on 28th so I should come back pretty refreshed. Well actually I'll come back exhausted but my mind should hopefully be refreshed! Thanks once again for all the comments...as Jess would say they really are love. :P

Kat, don't be so modest, the ending with Kane/Hayley was your idea, the Cassie/Martha friendship was your idea and the whole story in the first place was your idea. I'd always wondered what it would be like to collaborate with another author on a story and I'm finding I love writing with someone who has so many ideas and writes both so beautifully and so fluently.

Thanks for your lovely reviews, everyone. And ignore Kat not taking the credit, anyone can write a few lines - the most difficult part of writing is coming up with new ideas and it's Kat who invariably does that!

Can't stay online for long tonight and I know Kat's away at the moment but we'll get back to collaborating (I love the "double act" comment, burr, I have this image of us both dancing on to a stage!!! :lol: ) soon as poss.

Hmm, guess who had to edit this post because she can't spell collaborate... :blush:

Edited by I love music

Well, well done to BOTH of you :) ILM for writing such a fantastic chapter, and to Kat for the brilliant ideas. I absolutely love this story, and where you are taking it. It's good to hear that Cassie is finding some self courage, unfortunately I get the feeling she'll feel forced to be something she doesn't want to be.

As for Hayley, wow, what a bitch. She sure loves playing mind games. It was great how you wrote it so that you could see where the resentment of Cassie comes from. And I love the friendship between Cassie and Martha, how it is quite often detatched but strong. It's probably the most genuine between all the girls.

I can't wait for another update :) Keep up the good work guys!

Edited by Skykat

Well, well done to BOTH of you :) ILM for writing such a fantastic chapter, and to Kat for the brilliant ideas.

Well, well done to BOTH of you :) ILM for writing such a fantastic chapter, and to Kat for the brilliant ideas. I absolutely love this story, and where you are taking it. It's good to hear that Cassie is finding some self courage, unfortunately I get the feeling she'll feel forced to be something she doesn't want to be.

As for Hayley, wow, what a bitch. She sure loves playing mind games. It was great how you wrote it so that you could see where the resentment of Cassie comes from. And I love the friendship between Cassie and Martha, how it is quite often detatched but strong. It's probably the most genuine between all the girls.

I can't wait for another update :) Keep up the good work guys!

Thank you! :D

If Kat's okay with it when she gets back, I want to do a scene from Hayley's past (it's only a picture in my head at the moment) that mightl make some people hate Hayley more and some people sympathise with her more, but will make everybody understand where she's coming from... :P

• 3 weeks later...

Holy crap. How do you describe that chapter? The characterisation of this fic is amazing, I've never read such a detailed story about characters that I can all relate to. And they all have their flaws, they all have their doubts. I was unsure about the incentive Kit had to get revenge on Hayley, but in the end I was won over - she just wanted Hayley to feel even a flicker of the torment Hayley makes her feel.

Heartwrenching - for Hayley. Yes, I admit it, at times I wanted to slap her, but in the end, shes always been alone, and lost. And she really just wants to be loved. The final memories with the teddy bear just made my heart go out to her, and then

Hayley scratched her carefully polished and manicured fingernails into the teddy bear’s face and felt a strange satisfaction as she plucked out its eyes...

Something tells me Hayley is going to become one of the most complex characters after this chapter - and I can't wait to see how you both handle it.

Seductive - because Gypsy still has it. I adored the moment where Will remembered what Gypsy did to him - and I hate Dani, because she's a selfish brat who doesn't want will, she just doesn't want to lose to another woman. God I hope Gypsy eventually takes her down.

And Will, poor, poor Will. His character seems torn. I'm not sure if its his body telling him one thing, and his heart another, or his heart denying what he really wants - all I know is nothing is defined in this story and I love it for that. That was completely worth the wait! Seriously amazing chapter!

OMg that was sooo great!!!!!! i loved it YAY!!!!!!!!! you updated lol :P ARGH stupid Jack and Gypsy god i hate them now lol poor hayley but she is SUCH a bitch but still... i feel bad for her.... i loved the flashback with the 3 kiddies when they were lil... i hope Martha bitchslaps Jack and Gypsy in the next chapter lol :P UPDATE ASAP :)

xoxox

OMG can someone else comment on this chapter and say what you did or didn't like about it? I know Kat was happy with my Hayley childhood input, but I think most people prefer reading about the scandals at the party. There've been loads of hits but only 3 reviews so far -and I'm worried I spent too long on the kids part and may have ruined the story. :(