Summer Bay High (by Skykat) - comments

bay girl

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great chapter! Been looking forward to an update for ages and we get one just in time for christmas! :) Fantabulous! lol Feel sorry for poor Cassie, hopefully she'll open up to Martha and let her help her through it! Damn Jack still kissing Gypsy! How could he let Martha go! :blink: And even though i dont really like Halyley i wouldnt wish upon her what Kane is possibly about to do! Awesome work from both of you and hope for an update soon! :) Oh and Merry Christmas! :)

Well, it took me three turns, but I finally got through it! Holy Crap! It was amazing! ILM, your descriptions, your characterisation, your language, its all perfect - and it just flowed from Kat's part of the story so beautifully, so seamlessly! I just didn't want it to end. Cassies inner monologue, her saddness, her emptiness, you mustered so much empathy for a character that was virtually destroyed for me on the show, and Hayley, her final moments... you created the smallest amount of sympathy for a character who I don't think deserves any, and that was truly amazing! I loved it! And I can't wait for more!

Merry Christmas to both of you! I hope your having a wonderful day!

Great chapter! Been looking forward to an update for ages and we get one just in time for christmas! :) Fantabulous! lol Feel sorry for poor Cassie, hopefully she'll open up to Martha and let her help her through it! Damn Jack still kissing Gypsy! How could he let Martha go! :blink: And even though i dont really like Halyley i wouldnt wish upon her what Kane is possibly about to do! Awesome work from both of you and hope for an update soon! :) Oh and Merry Christmas! :)

what Laura said, thanks for the great update and merry christmas!

I was reading this entire fic for the most of last night. (love long chapters) and I didn't want to review. Not because I don't like commenting but because I was about to get kicked off and I knew I would never stop when I started writing, lol.

Firstly, it's brilliant and addictive. Like a book I couldn't put down. I love how you've taken old and new characters and stuck them together at the same point in time and age, teenagers are the best to read about. Seemed slightly strage at first but it worked! The writing by both of you is superb. I don't think I'll dwell on that every review because it's a given when I'm reading this fic. I can really see each character's point of view even if I don't understand or agree with it because the emotive and sophisticated language really grabs me and draws me into their [characters] world and what they're thinking.

I also love how complex some characters are. Like Gypsy and Martha. You've writen them so they're not a complete 'goody' or 'baddie' if that makes sense. With Gypsy on the outer exterior you just wanna give her a good slap and hope she gets her serving by watching Will and Dani have some fun for ruining relationships and messing guys about (even if they are stupid ones) But after reading what's going on inside her head and how she views herself, there's nothing I want more than for her to get some self esteem and get back with Will.

Martha and Cassie moments I adore. As was mentioned, not because they're the greatest of friends, but because you can still tell there's a genuine concern between them. I really don't like either of them when you put them around Hayley and they follow her around like dogs on a leash but away from her they're great. They've frustrated me immensley the way they won't stand up to Hayley and locked Kit in the bathroom but I have faith that you're planning the bitch fight :P And if you're not I'm going to beg you now, lol. Please.

Cassie I can understand why she feels the need to fit in. After reading what was going on inside her head I honestly wanted to cry for her. She's so vulnerable and scared and it's painfully sad to read about her heartache. I hope she opens up to Martha. Gosh teenagers are so mean!

Jack completely repulses me in this fic :) At first I thought the Gypsy thing was a mistake and he really was sorry for it, and I'm not sure, maybe he really was. But now I just can't stand him. Not only because he's willing to think about what's inbetween his legs before his girlfriend again (even if she can be slightly annoying) but because he also put it before a close mate. Moron.

I have a feeling you're going to completely mess Jack and Martha up, lol. And while I think you wrote them with fantastic chemistry at the Surf club when she was in the red dress I honestly don't mind now. I'm scretly hoping for a hook with Martha and Kim :P Two lonely teens used by Hayely just for the hell of it, lol. and if for nothing more to make her realise there are other guys besides useless Holden. Kim's so laughable the way he fawns over Hayley. It's naive for sure, but when he came running in to tell Hayley that he dumped Gypsy I laughed so hard, it was pathetic.

I'm also going to join the mass crowd of Hayely haters too. Not because I don't enjoy a good evil character (I think she's a brilliant central plot creator) but because I'm a teenage girl and it's very easy to hate one of those girls :P She definitely makes me laugh in parts though. Whether it's her bitchy one liners or how completely conceited she is. And yet that last bit in the recent chapter you still got me to feel for her when I didn't want to.

You did mess with a few of my favourite couples, but you have Noah and Kit :wub: I'd do anything to read about Noah and Kit, lol. This makes me miss them both so much.

Kane is just . . .Kane! Lol. Definitely glad you have the brooding bad boy in there. I do however hope that he isn't that much of a bad boy and only gives Hayley a good scare. Little miss princess deserves a good near scare to make her wake up.

I'm going to stop before I write the same amount as I would for an english essay and finish by saying this fic is amazing and I loved reading every minute of it so far. Can't wait to see where it goes!

Edited by Jamey-Maria

First of all thank you all for the reviews. I want to add mine about this chapter because I didn't write it myself and I think ILM deserves to know how well she wrote my chapter for me :P

So, for ILM:

Firstly Cassie. You first sparked me off with the idea of creating Cassie in more depth and I started it in the last chapter but you've really gone running with her in this chapter. Love how her character is so increasingly vulnerable and tormented yet how Hayley sees her as a threat. I love the way you interweave past events so effortlessly with current ones and your description really creates some superb emotion. Needless to say I really loved how you wrote Cassie in this chapter and you've set her up really well for what I (and you) have in mind for her.

Martha: I was never a Martha fan (actually I'm not a Martha fan as most people will be aware) but I'm quite enjoying writing Martha and I have loads more in mind for her. Her friendship with Cassie was created more out of convenience than anything else but this chapter for me really explored their friendship and I'm so pleased you did because it has fed me with an awful lot of ideas, some you know and some you don't, regarding her character. I'm getting quite excited by what I have in mind!

Hayley: Is it wrong that I love how well you write my bitchy Hayley? Her put down comments are like therapy to write but I feel you've managed in one chapter to explore her in much more depth than I managed in ten chapters. The flashbacks to the past were awesome and the Nick stuff was a great idea. I love the dramatic ending...exactly what I wanted to create but I feel you created it so much better than I would have done and I can't thank you enough for that.

I'm really glad I gave you the Hayley/Kane stuff to write because you really manage to capture him so well, he really comes to life for me when you write him.

Thank you so much for this chapter, I loved it on so many levels and I am inspired with so many new idea that I'm going to go get it all down on paper and I'll hopefully be able to discuss everything with you in the next few days.

Jamey-Maria, thank you very much for your lovely, long review. As somebody who explores everything in too much detail it's fantastic to receive such an awesomely detailed review. I love reading exactly what you like and don't like about my characters and why you get and don't get them. (Hint to anyone who reviews my stories :P ) I'm especially glad you're feeling the Gypsy stuff because she's probably one of my favourite characters ever and I love writing her. Obviously putting her with Jack instantly turns her into a hate figure but to me she's so much more complex than that, in many ways I think she's more vulnerable than Cassie. So I thank you so much for getting her and to Jess and others who are getting where Gypsy is coming from. Jack, I'll be honest I don't like and his character just seemed suitably weak enough to write the way I have. I'd never really actually considered his character though which is a major flaw on my part and its certainly something I plan to rectify, I'd like to try and explore a bit of why Jack does what he does so thank you for the inspiration for that. I can promise you plenty more Noah/Kit, I find them so easy to write and I have an awful lot planned for Hayley/Kane/Cassie/Martha and I know ILM has a lot of ideas on that as well so there's lots more to come there. I have a lot of ideas for this fic but I'm still not 100% sure where it'll go, I have a great habit of changing my mind....There'll be lots more drama though so thank you once again for your lovely, long review.

To those who regulary read and review. Thanks once again for your comments, I know I take everything on board and I'm certain ILM will appreciate them too. I also want to add a thank you for being so patient over the past few months. I know a lot of you are aware that I've had some major personal problems recently and my head has been nowhere near on writing except really dark stuff which is too disturbing to even post. I feel like I am getting back on track though, things are starting to go well at home and I'm off to Portugal for a week skydiving on 28th so I should come back pretty refreshed. Well actually I'll come back exhausted but my mind should hopefully be refreshed! Thanks once again for all the comments...as Jess would say they really are love. :P

The problem was, Martha Stewart was pretty. Not beautiful of course, unlike Hayley herself,

I had to lol at that. Martha is absolutely gorgeous and genuine (in this fic as well), and Haley, well she's just a b!atch. And Jack, i just want to slap him, whats he doing making out with skanky Gypsy, when he can have Martha <_< Great chapter though

Please update soon :D