The X Factor 2010

Guest ter06

This thread has been most amusing and absolutely predictable. To the those who wanted Cher gone last night, I’m sorry but you’re just going to have to put up with the tantrums, favouritism, melodrama etc for another week but don’t worry you can celebrate when she breaks down next Sunday.

Anyway when I spoke to my brother about this he went into a self-righteous rant about how ridiculous the whole thing was and I was having a similar conversation with several people at work today. I’m not going to comment on whether last night was fixed or not as personally in the grand scheme of things I don’t think it matters. I just want to say I think it was the right choice. Who would honestly buy music from Mary? Some people will probably say the same thing about Cher and that she’s untalented, has a bad attitude etc but the fact remains is that she does have some sort of following and I can see her as a credible artist and someone who is marketable - Not so much a pop star because her music is very specific but there are people who like her and her style. There’s been very positive feedback from a couple of the US celebrities who have appeared on X Factor/Xtra factor and one of them even said he would perform a duet with her. There is also the issue of age with Cher only being 17 and I honestly think she will change with time. Do I think she’s going to win? No, quite frankly I don’t think she’s got a hope in hell.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ I have to agree with that. No matter who wins, I honestly believe that Cher will be one of the most successful when she leaves the show. I cant emphasize how much I dislike her as a person, yet love her performances! And people need not worry, there is noway she's going to win.

So last night was very likely to be a fix. Its a disgrace, I agree. But at the end of the day, we all knew it was going to be Cher & Mary in the bottom two. So even if Cher was to go yesterday, Mary would still be heading home first next week, no doubt. I know getting to the final of the X Factor has a slightly better status than getting to the Semi's, but lets face it, Mary is still going to be huge, especially in Ireland!

All I can say is Mary, ya did Ireland proud! :)

After this series, I have grown to dislike Simon, something I never thought would happen. :( And the more I think of it, the more I'm disappointed with Dannii if this whole thing is a fix, :(

I think a lot of people are taking it a bit too seriously. At the end of the day it's a TV show. Everyone knew it was going to be Cher and Mary in the bottom two, and i think whoever didn't go on Sunday was going to be the first to go next week anyways. I don't understand why they didn't do the public vote though and i think it's probably quite likely Dannii was told to vote for Cher, after all how do you say no to Simon Cowell? He literally turned Dannii's career around and owns pretty much the whole entertainment industry so.. :lol:

Or maybe she just thought Cher had the better chance of making it, and as much as i dislike the girl i do think overall, she is better than Mary. The reaction of the Mary fans and the Cher 'haters' has been pretty extreme. I thought Mary was good and loved her voice but apart from that she didn't really have anything special. They were voting who they wanted in the final based on all the performances they'd seen, not just on a sing off.

I am also disappointed in Simon this year, he's really changed and i can't stand how he pretty much sucks up Cheryl and saves her acts every single time. Maybe being all loved up has messed with his brain. I didn't agree with the choice Dannii made but i respect her for it and still think she's the best judge..by far :P:D

Glad we amused you Slade :P At the end of the day it really doesn't bother me what's going on behind the scenes of X Factor because I don't vote and therefore am not wasting my money. I feel sorry for those who are though!

I do think Cher is more sellable than Mary is many respects however if Susan Boyle can sell millions of records then don't underestimate the power of the older woman singer :P I'm not sure I believe all these 'artists' who say they'd duet with the finalists when pressed by the interviewers; Robbie Williams said that to Olly last year and still nothing. I think this year will actually produce most of the successful artists than any year even if it's just short term. I can see all of the top four getting a record deal, FYD are rumoured to have a recording contract and so are the Reason so...good luck to all of them I say! I think Aiden's in with a good chance to; in a cult following obviously not a chart topper (which is probably good nowadays, it's all rubbish in the top 40!)

If Danni's knew it was a fix and still participated, I will be very annoyed along with the rest of the judges. Its out of order to intentionally steer the result towards specific people. I doubt we will ever find out if it was a fix or not but then life goes on. However it does matter, if people know then they cant do it again because the scandal would be too big for them to be able to ignore.

Why can't people just accept that perhaps she put Cher throught because she thought she deserved it more? Cher clearly took her adivce and sang a stripped back ballad, perhaps Dannii admired her for doing that and wanted to give her a chance.. She's always been complimentary to Cher, just as much as she has to Mary. Aiden and Paije both sang better in their sing off's but got sent home. That's what happens. It's Simon's show, he is the one that decided to change it to a judges vote and maybe he just thought that was the best way to do it considering there is an extra person compared to last year. Shows like this are very carefully regulated by Ofcom, making it very hard to 'fix' the results. People need to remember at the end of the day it's a tv show and there to entertain.

Matt to win :D Go team Minogue!!!! :D:D:D

Did anyone see the video Dannii and Matt did? It's hilarious :lol: I love how she's all screaming then she's like, 'shh don't wake the baby!'

I am excited to see who they will be singing with. I hope they got some really good people.

Haha yeah so cute!

I cant believe its all over on sunday. That series flew!

Archived