The X Factor 2010

Guest ter06

I'm not Kirsty so can't speak on her behalf but I'm sure she was only asking genuinely why you didn't like Dannii seeing as you were so vocally intent on wanting to see her lose.

:lol: OK fair enough, I agree in that sense but still feel as though Kirsty almost takes it as a personal insult against her when anything negative is mentioned about Danni. I could be totally wrong and please accept my apologies if I am wrong as it’s hard to gauge the tone of people’s posts sometimes but the week Aiden went I made a remark about the level of double-standards in this thread I felt with people who were supporters of Danni and her first couple of posts consisted of her rolling her eyes which suggested at the very least slight annoyance towards my comments. Granted perhaps there was a slight generalisation (even though the first couple of posters were supporting Danni) on my part in that sense but the way she reacted was reminiscent of whenever anyone would go into the Rachel/Tachel threads and say anything negative about them which I thought was ironic as earlier on in the week she made a remark about people taking X-Factor too seriously as it was just a TV show. Again when another poster made a remark about Danni choosing Cher over Mary it was almost as if she couldn’t understand how someone couldn’t see Danni the same way she did. To reiterate I could be 100% wrong but just feel as though there’s a difference when other people in this thread reply to some posts sometimes and when she does.

Well you did accuse her of suffering from sour grapes :P

In all seriousness though I think a lot of things can be misinterpreted when you've just got text and a few smilies. Everyone's got opinions and those opinions are going to clash; that's just part of life. Perhaps we should discuss something else though to do with X Factor as I feel we're getting a bit too close to baiting a member of the forum out now and it's not very fair or kind. I'm sure she was just trying to calm down the hysteria over the fix claims.

Song choices tonight:

Matt Cardle

Here With Me - Dido

Unfaithful - duet with Rihanna

Rebecca Ferguson

Like A Star - Corinne Bailey Rae

Beautiful - duet with Christina Aguilera

One Direction

Your Song - Elton John

She's The One - duet with Robbie Williams

Cher Lloyd

Mash up of 369 - Cupid ft. BOB & Get Your Freak On - Missy Elliot

Mash up of Where Is The Love & I Gotta Feeling - duet with will.i.am

What do you all think? Looking forward to Matt and Rebecca's the most!

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slade i was only asking why you didn't like Dannii. That's all. It was a simple question. I did not apperciate your remarks about me and find them pretty patronising and rude. I admit i have strong opinions but i do not take anything as a 'personal offence.' The X factor for me is a source of entertainment and that's as far as i goes.

I thought Matt and Rihanna was amazing tonight. They worked so well together and it was just, well, hot. :lol: It was an amazing duet. Bit disappointed in Christina and Rebecca, Christina really drowned Rebecca out. You could hardly hear her sing. I wish Rebecca would show some persoonality. She has this fantastic voice but there's no substance behind it. One Direction and Robbie i thought were good, but nothing special.

Slade i was only asking why you didn't like Dannii. That's all. It was a simple question. I did not apperciate your remarks about me and find them pretty patronising and rude. I admit i have strong opinions but i do not take anything as a 'personal offence.' The X factor for me is a source of entertainment and that's as far as i goes.

Well I probably shouldn’t have even responded to charmed60 (as my questions were originally directed at you and not her) and should have addressed you directly so I do apologise as I don’t really think it’s fair to talk about people like they’re aren’t there. Personally I didn’t think my comments were rude, perhaps patronising, off topic and a bit personal but at the time thought they were genuine observations. I did acknowledge that they could have been 100% wrong and it’s hard to gauge someone across a message board but accept they have no place in this thread so from now on I’ll try to stay on topic. Once again sorry if I’ve caused any offence but at the time I don’t think what I said was that bad.

Anyway, I was actually really pleased with Cher last night. She knew she was going, she even said as much in the press conference but in a way I think that took the pressure off her and she gave it her all and went out like a true warrior. I thought she was really good and I’m glad she went back to her roots and what she wants to do. I also thought she did really well in the duet with Will.i.am. The way she comes across I can see how other people perceive her as unlikeable but even if she didn’t come across as cocky at times she was never going to win because her style was too specific. In a way I’m glad she didn’t win because I’m not so sure it is a good thing if Simon signs her up. I think it would be better if she got a contract with someone more specific to the R & B/Hip Hop market but I really think if she’s going to succeed she will need to break it in the US where she would be more suited. Anyway I wish her all the best.

Considering that Matt’s is still recovering from a sore throat I thought his first performance was excellent. During the second performance he was a bit outshone by Rihanna but I thought they worked quite well together and even had a bit of chemistry.

I didn’t really like Rebecca’s first performance and just couldn’t get into it. Initially when she started singing in the duet with Christina Aguilera I thought she was really good but then minute Christina started singing she completely blew Rebecca away and Rebecca’s confidence seemed to go. I’d forgotten how amazing Christina’s voice actually is. I still remember how she owned it in Moulin Rouge and how her voice stood out amongst Maya, Lil Kim and Pink.

Again One Direction were OK.

I still think Matt’s going to win this but I was surprised how much support One Direction had in the audience.

My thoughts on the final :D

Aww Matt. I spent the whole performance worrying so much that his voice was going to give way because you could tell it was still a bit dodgy. Here with me started off a bit shaky but once he put the power vocals on he was fantastic and going back to listen a second time I enjoyed it even more; I think because I knew his voice wasn't actually going to go. His duet with Rihanna was also fantastic and imo had the best atmosphere of all the duets. Rihanna was the most respectful I thought and it became more of a performance rather than just a song with their little cozy cuddle at the end. Matt looked terrified bless him :lol:

Rebecca. I've always loved her voice, she has an incredible recording voice and her solo song was beautiful. However the fact that she hasn't moved at all all series makes me feel she doesn't deserve it as much as perhaps Matt does; she hasn't really changed herself at all. Perhaps she will tonight if the rumours of her singing "Single Ladies" tonight is true. Her duet with Christina wasn't really a duet :unsure: I think she got so starstruck that she just forgot to sing and it made the whole thing fall a bit flat; I don't think she was a good option as a duet because their voices are so different. Still glad to see her in the final though!

One Direction. I've always liked these guys but now that it's the final and getting serious :P I don't really want them to win. I really liked their first song, I just love hearing the little harmonies every now and then even though I don't actually like that song. The duet was still okay; I guess as a non Robbie Williams fan I can't give an impartial opinion; he looked completely drugged up and hyper excited and the boys lost it a little bit.

Cher...who was that on stage last night? Honestly, she was like a totally different person, perhaps either because she resigned herself to the fact she was going so just enjoyed it or because she's already got a record deal and thought it didn't really matter. She was so...nice! And polite! She's still monotone even when she's saying how "really excited she is" and it appears a little fake but I wonder if she could have won if she'd have come across like this all throughout the show. Her music she performs isn't really the sort of thing I enjoy listening to but I respect the fact that she brought a different type of performance to the show. I still think it was right she went but she went out on a high for her. The duet with Will.I.Am....well he's not the best live performer is he?

The voting leak which has proven correct so far had One Direction winning, Matt second and Rebecca last in the votes as of 1pm this afternoon. Although apparently it's very close and an updated one is going to be released during the show. Although I don't think it really matters who wins, I reckon all of them will get a contract from this.

However I'm rooting for the one who I think has shown most versatility and worked the hardest. Go Matt! :D

One Direction are singing Torn tonight, looking forward to hearing that again, Harry Styles is great on that song!

I would like to see One Direction win, they've only been a band for 3/4 months, & you can see their chemistry, they're like brothers. Plus a group has never won before, so thats another reason why I'm backing them :)

As a One Direction fan, I'm gutted for them. On the plus side, they got to the final, & was in the final three. I still think they have a great future ahead of them, people like JLS, Diana Vickers, Olly Murs they have proved that you dont need to win to do well :)

Archived