The X Factor 2010

Guest ter06

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Again, I just want to say I think Robbie Williams isn't a bad person to constantly appear on X Factor. He's associated with the show for whatever reason and TBH I cant see a reason to stop that. Personal opinion and I do respect your view that he might be too repetitive.

That's fine, you don't have to justify your opinion. I'm just not a huge member of the Robbie Williams fanclub; I don't get the hype personally and I don't think he's the right person to duet with One Direction. I'd like to see them have someone who would be a bit more supportive of them as I really like them and think they deserve it.

How much did Simon fork out for Rihanna and Christina Aguilera? Cher won’t win, she’ll definitely come fourth other than that I don’t care who wins as long as it’s not Matt/Team Danni. I don’t care how Team Danni loses just as long as Team Danni loses. It aint going to happen though. Matt will walk this even if he isn’t 100% although Rebecca might have an outside chance.

^You're so lovely :P What have you go against Matt or Dannii more like?

Unsure if the question is rhetorical or not but to be fair I could ask a lot of people the same thing about Cher and Katie. Although not as bad as other places the general consensus of people in this thread towards both of them has been one of negativity (I was negative towards Katie as well but I don’t ever recall saying I disliked her I simply commented on her singing voice and drama queen status which is part of her persona I guess). Other places have even gone as far as making derogatory remarks about their physical appearance, background etc. What’s the worst I’ve actually said about Matt and Danni – referring to newspaper articles about alleged remarks towards fellow contestants, being rude, wanting them to lose which is essentially no different to what people have mentioned in this thread about the two contestants mentioned above.

The problem with Danni is that I just find her really annoying. It doesn’t help that she is so popular (Please note this is not a dig at the people who like her and I’m not telling people not to post anything positive about her as I don’t believe in censorship and strongly believe in freedom of speech so by all means express your love for this woman) but that’s my problem. How people are perceived on TV may be different to meeting the actual person in real life and I’m pretty certain if I actually bumped into Danni on the street I would be like “Wow she’s a really nice lady in person”. It’s funny because a caller phoned in on X-tra factor a few weeks ago and was very critical about unlikeable Katie was on two consecutive days and Louis got really defensive saying how can you judge her when you don’t know her. But the thing is if you’re watching someone on a TV show you’re bound to form a preconceived opinion of them. Tell me one person in this thread who hasn’t done that within their posts!

The issue with Matt is two-fold. Firstly guilt by association. Not good I know but that’s how I feel. Although I have stated previously how lucky Cher was to survive against Paije (Who IMO had a lot more to offer than Mary did) and how I really liked him so in that case I did put aside the fact that he was being mentored by Danni (and probably wouldn’t have minded him winning had he made it to the final). The second problem I have with Matt was his attitude towards Wagner. We can debate whether the stuff in the newspapers was actually true and whether Wagner was difficult to live with and whether he actually should have been in the competition in the first place but I’m inclined to believe the spat with Wagner because of Matt’s remark on X-tra factor and the time when the events surrounding it were reported. I felt he should have been mature enough to not say anything and just keep his head down. Before anyone brings up why I feel like this when Cher and Katie have acted badly I don’t think either of those two have said anything specific about other contestants when they are on the show (please feel free to correct me if I’m wrong) and the amount of hatred, negativity and alleged death threats they have been subject to has made me have a certain level of sympathy for them. But with Matt as far as some people are concerned he can do no wrong. It’s worth noting on more than one occasion I’ve stated how consistently good his performances have been and that seems to have been ignored. It’s not his singing I have a problem with.

In the grand scheme of things I think as far as a lot of people are concerned along with a good singing voice you have to have a certain level of likeability to win this competition but in terms of selling records I’m not sure it matters how good a person is. If you hear a track on the radio from an artist and like what they’ve produced do you really care how nice a person they are if they make good music? Anyone who listens to Hip-Hop and R & B can be testament to the fact that quite a few of those artists have done things which have not been totally likeable.

Finally back to the negative remarks about Cher, it’s worth pointing out that a lot of the time I haven’t responded to them unless there was something specific I wanted to discuss because I don’t have a problem with people expressing negativity (within reason) towards her yet you’ve responded to just about every negative remark in this thread about Danni or any of her team even though you have been critical of other contestants so my question to you would be does it matter to you if people don’t regard her as highly as you? Or more to the point why do you feel it is necessary to defend her or any of her acts so rigorously?

I'm not Kirsty so can't speak on her behalf but I'm sure she was only asking genuinely why you didn't like Dannii seeing as you were so vocally intent on wanting to see her lose.

I don't agree with the death threats/hate mail that Cher and Katie have received, I think it's totally uncalled for and really sad actually that people would do that. However, I know I've said things about not liking the way Katie and Cher have comes across on screen and seeing as I don't know either of them that persona they're putting across is the only thing we as the public have to judge them on. Some people might take Cher's attitude as 'swagger' and 'necessary for the type of music she wants to make;' I personally take it as 'spoilt' 'rude' and signs of a young girl who needs to be taught some manners.

I think the thing with Dannii (and again I can only speak on my own behalf) is that she's the clear underdog as a judge in this year's competition and seeing as Simon seems to have moulded the whole show on it being the judge who wins that matters not the contestant (which I don't agree with either but there you go) and him and Cheryl have been irritating me all series; people love to see underdogs win! Luckily for me, I actually like Matt the most anyway but seeing as I never vote my opinion is pretty useless. I adore Rebecca's voice and personality but I don't think she's shown much versatility which is a shame ie....she needs to move!

I don't think that Matt is clear winner at all, I think it will be a close call between him and Rebecca but then again lots of shocks have happened this year so anything can happen. Cher fans might all come out of the woodwork or Will.I.am fans and on association give her their votes so you never know what could happen. Matt's never in my opinion shown himself to be anything like the tabloids have sometimes suggested him to be whereas Cher and Katie have so I've chosen to believe what I've seen and not what I've read.

I'm not Kirsty so can't speak on her behalf but I'm sure she was only asking genuinely why you didn't like Dannii seeing as you were so vocally intent on wanting to see her lose.

:lol: OK fair enough, I agree in that sense but still feel as though Kirsty almost takes it as a personal insult against her when anything negative is mentioned about Danni. I could be totally wrong and please accept my apologies if I am wrong as it’s hard to gauge the tone of people’s posts sometimes but the week Aiden went I made a remark about the level of double-standards in this thread I felt with people who were supporters of Danni and her first couple of posts consisted of her rolling her eyes which suggested at the very least slight annoyance towards my comments. Granted perhaps there was a slight generalisation (even though the first couple of posters were supporting Danni) on my part in that sense but the way she reacted was reminiscent of whenever anyone would go into the Rachel/Tachel threads and say anything negative about them which I thought was ironic as earlier on in the week she made a remark about people taking X-Factor too seriously as it was just a TV show. Again when another poster made a remark about Danni choosing Cher over Mary it was almost as if she couldn’t understand how someone couldn’t see Danni the same way she did. To reiterate I could be 100% wrong but just feel as though there’s a difference when other people in this thread reply to some posts sometimes and when she does.

Archived