The X Factor 2010

Guest ter06

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheryl seemed to be very supportive of Rebecca tonight, almost as if she’d heard the rumours/reports about Rebecca being unhappy with her as a mentor so she had to be seen to be overly complementary as to not come across as showing any bias towards Cher.

Simon was the one that was slightly annoying, criticizing Louis’s choice of song and almost arguing about it even before commenting on Mary’s performance. And then when Cheryl gave some constructive criticism about One Direction claimed she was being tactical, then when Danni claimed he was doing the same thing he said he was simply criticizing the song. Talk about double-standards. I actually think he was being slightly tactical. Personally I think he definitely wants One Direction and Cher in the final.

As for Louis, well he wants everyone in the final.

Bar Rebecca who I thought was brilliant I found it really hard to get worked up over the performances tonight. Definitely not a fan of Matt and didn’t like either of his performances but to be fair he was clearly ill so fair play to him for giving it a go. Based on how he’s been over the last few weeks he definitely deserves to be in the final and in the unlikely event that he doesn’t win I would rather he lost when he’s 100% so at least there won’t be any excuses. If anything being ill will actually benefit him because it will make more people sympathetic towards him. I still can’t get worked up about Mary and think at times it seems like she’s just shouting. Even with Cher I didn’t think she was that great. I agreed with Danni about her first song and felt it was totally the wrong choice and there was far too much rapping. I don’t mind the rapping but like to hear her sing as well. Cher’s second song was better but I don’t think it was anywhere near as good as last week and I honestly think she’s in real trouble this week. Again One Direction were OK, nothing special.

To repeat what I said the week before that One Direction, Rebecca and Matt will be in the final.

BTW – Notice how whenever a caller asks Cheryl a question on X-tra factor Simon always jumps in to bail her out?

Louis complimented anyone and everyone, It was bit annoying cos we dont really see what he thinks just what he wants people to think that he thinks (make sense?)

I love One Direction and I want them win and like Slade I think One Direction, Matt and Rebecca to be in the final!

I think it'll be a Rebecca, One Direction and Matt final. I loved Rebecca's second song but again for her first she just stood there. She's never once danced or even made an attempt too and i think it's a bit unfair that not once judge has commented on that. I thought Matt's first song was brilliant, not so keen on her second but yeh, you could tell he was sick. I've never been a Cher fan; her cocky attitude is extremely off putting and comes across as arrogance sometimes. And she was unnecessarily rude to Dannii after her second song. I thought they had to sing a ballad to finish? Cher didn't do that. :rolleyes:

Mary was okay and although i like One Direction i don't think they're anything special.

On a side note, Dannii won Metro's Celebrity of the Year Award and so far has topped every single 'favourtie/best/most popular judge poll. :D Loved her face when the soilders asked for her phone number :lol: Simon's love of Cheryl and her acts is getting quite nauseating. He claims he likes to be honest every time but so far this season all he's done is tell pretty much everyone they're fabulous. Bring back the old Simon please.

I'd love for One Direction to win, think it would be really good to see a group win the show for a change, as a group has never won before. They did so well last night, aww they cried at the end of their second performance of Chasing Cars because of Zayns grandad.

I was really horrified at the way Simon kept making digs at Matt for being ill :( If that was one of his acts, he would be playing the sympathy card all the way.

Anyway Matt to win, he just has the most stunning voice :wub: i love Rebecca as well, she is such a sweet unassuming girl, who doesnt really know how good she is:)

I predict the final three wirll be Matt, Rebecca and One Direction.

As long as its not "Diva" Cher, thats ok by me (just saying) :P

I was really horrified at the way Simon kept making digs at Matt for being ill :( If that was one of his acts, he would be playing the sympathy card all the way.

I agree. At the end of the day, Matt didn't go to the press talking about being ill, it was the show and people involved who tried to use it. And you could tell in his voice that he was struggling through but he never used it as an excuse when asked by Dermot why it wasn't good like Simon suggested. I thought Simon was made to look a bit of an idiot really; said being ill is no excuse, you have to get on with it and then we find out he hasn't helped OD at all because he's been in bed all week :rolleyes: And I actually the sore throat added a nice element of grit to his voice. He absolutely deserves to be through.

I sooo wanted to be able to praise Rebecca for moving around stage but she still didn't! She walked forward! It's so frustrating because I think all she needs to do is prove she can do both styles but she didn't. Saying that her first performance was my favourite of hers. I liked Amazing Grace because she has a beautiful voice and the most unique of all the contestants but it didn't really go anywhere...

One Direction I still like, they're sweet and although I do have reservations as to whether they are actually miming I do enjoy their performances and think they're really fun. I'd like to see these three through tomorrow.

If it is a four part final as has been strongly suggested then the next person I want through is Mary. I feel sorry for her because she has a fantastic voice but everyone had pretty much written her out last night and she's so sincere and genuine. I just really like her and I think it would be nice to have an act from each judge in the final. Let the true competition commence then :P

Cher - her comment and attitude to Dannii just made me do this ---> :o She had the right to defend her 'style' or whatever you want to call it but to patronise Dannii but her "hmm" comment and then saying "why should I change myself for the world" (slightly dramatic don't you think!) when all Dannii was suggesting was that she'd have liked to have seen her have another "Stay" moment as she thought that's where her true strength was was just really disrespectful and tasteless. I thought it was quite ironic how Cheryl, Simon and her VT's were all trying to defend her "diva, tantrum" behaviour reported in the newspapers as complete rubbish and then Cher reacted like that and Brian Friedman confirmed the rumours on the Xtra Factor. She showed herself up for the person she truly is.

I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum (and probably in the minority as a lot of people seem to think Danni is the second coming) and Cher's "hmm" whilst unexpected brought a wry smile to my face and I honestly don't think it wasn't that bad incidentally. And even if Cher had been ruder than that it's Danni and not worth losing any sleep over. What I find ironic is after a simple "hmm" remark the Cher hatred is in full force once more from some people (looking at other sites) but they were quite content with Danni sticking her hand in Louis face mimicking a chatterbox more than once. Perhaps Cher should have gone up to her and done that.

In all seriousness though I did agree with Danni about the song choice but the problem is judging from Danni's previous remarks I personally feel that she doesn't like rap music but when Cher tried just a ballad Louis and Simon criticized her the other week (although admittedly Simon was going on about the stairs). Yesterday three of the judges were complementing her whereas Danni was on the other side and so with the contradiction someone has to be wrong and as a naive 17 year old she has no reason to accept what Danni said over the other three. So personally I feel as far as Cher is concerned with some people - "Dammed if you do dammed if you don't".

Regarding the Diva thing reported in the papers I feel the responsibility is with Cheryl certainly and maybe Simon. As a mentor you could argue she should be encouraging Cher not to act like that but Cheryl won't because she thinks it's part of her persona and her type of music. What I find interesting is the fact that no one has mentioned anything about Matt and reports of some of the comments he's made about various contestants. I would hardly call that appropriate and think he should just keep his head down and get on with it but no it's alright because.....he's Matt.

I can only speak for myself of course but I'd have had that same reaction whether Cher had said that to Louis, Simon, Cheryl or Bob from number 23 down the road. Dannii is a judge, she has a job to give her opinion and I think she felt that Cher would have been better to have one song which is her 'rap' style and one which was her style shown with 'stay.' She was trying to be constructive, all the judges wowed over Stay and Dannii's even said she'd love to go to one of her concerts after she sang a rap song. It wasn't just the hmm from me (which basically implied that she didn't agree) but the remark after as well about basically how Dannii is wrong. What's worse is the encouragement she got from Cheryl for saying it. I thought it was uncalled for.

The Dannii and Louis thing is different, they're both judges and get on well with each other so it was more likely a banter thing. However Cher needs to remember she's a contestant and Dannii (as all the others) are a judge. She just didn't like getting negative feedback and if that's her reaction now I dread to think what it'll be like when she's an artist and gets feedback.

I think the thing with Matt is there's no physical evidence of his behaviour that the papers are reporting. There is with Cher so it's more believable.

A lot of people like Dannii becasue this year she's been pretty much the only judge to offer constructive criticism, and she's the mentor that works the hardest (even Louis admitted that). She is looking fabulous and there's a reason why people love her right now. She's worked hard for it.

Implying that just becasue it's Dannii means it's okay to be downright rude is quite ridiculous. And the whole thing with Louis was a joke and meant to be taken in a light hearted way - that was pretty obvious. Cher's attitude week after week is quite shocking. She is very hard to warm too.

And with the whole Matt thing, you shouldn't believe what you read in the papers. It's gossip.

Archived