First Love

Guest LauraPhilly!!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for reading!!

Hope you enjoy the chapter!

Chapter 3

Belle woke late that next morning. She remembered little of the day before; it was still too early for her memory to kick in.

As she ran her arm down her body, she felt Aden’s arm wrapped loosely around her waist. The memories suddenly all came flooding back.

Belle smiled as she turned to lie on her back. She watched Aden’s face as he slept. He looked so peaceful, content. She observed that he rarely looked this relaxed.

As she pressed a kiss lightly to his cheek, he opened his eyes slightly, closing them again as he saw the bright light shining in the window.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to wake you,” said Belle, her fingers tracing the contours on his chest.

“It’s ok, your way better than the dream I was having anyway,” he said, smiling at her.

As he tightened his arms around her, she snuggled down further against his bare chest, the warmth of him radiating onto her skin.

“Sleep well?” she asked.

“Better than usual,” he said, sounding surprised. “You helped that I think.”

Belle frowned. “How?” she asked, looking up at him.

“Belle, I have never been this happy in my entire life!” he said, earnestly. “You have no idea the effect you have on me, the happiness and joy that you bring to me every time I see you.”

Belle smiled at him. “I feel the same.”

“There’s more though,” he said, pressing on. “Every time I see you walking towards me, I ask myself ‘How in the world did I manage to get someone as amazing as you to be my girlfriend?’ There are a hundred different, better guys out there, Belle, but yet you choose me.”

“You don’t see yourself clearly,” said Belle. “You are not as bad as you think yourself to be. When I first met you, I thought you were just another guy.”

“But then, I saw more of the guy in here,” she said, putting her hand lightly against his thumping heart. “That’s the guy I fell in love with.”

Aden blinked, surprised. “You love me?”

Belle smiled, lovingly, taking his hand and holding it tightly. “Yes.”

Aden shook his head. “You deserve better.”

“I know,” she said jokingly. “But I still want you!”

Aden looked at her for a few minutes thoughtfully, and then smiled. “You’re amazing you know that.”

Belle smiled teasingly. “Yes I think I heard that from one guy...”

“What guy?” asked Aden, suddenly, leaning over her, holding her arms to her side.

Belle studied his face for a minute, and then they both burst out laughing. Belle pulled his face to her, kissing him passionately.

He pulled back. “Sorry, babe, I promised Roman I’d do a few shifts today. Maybe later?”

Belle pouted at him, as convincingly as she could.

Aden looked at her sadly. “As tempting as you are, babe, I do actually like my job, so I don’t want to lose it!”

“Yes, but it would be far worse to lose me wouldn’t it,” said Belle, teasingly, as Aden jumped off the bed and slipped into his jeans.

“Well it’s a good thing I’m not letting you go, now isn’t it?” he said, teasingly, kissing her lightly before grabbing his shirt and running out the door.

“Hey mate, thanks for coming in,” said Roman, as Aden entered the kitchen. “I know it’s kinda early but Saturday’s our busiest so I’m gona need all the help that I can get.”

Aden paused, thinking. “If that’s so, how about I call Belle to give us a hand?”

Roman raised an eyebrow at him. “Mate, I know what’s going on between you guys and believe me, I’m cool with it but your relationship is not to effect your performance in work, should you two ever be here at the same time.”

“Roman, Roman, that’s fine, I completely understand,” said Aden. “And thanks for being cool about me and Belle.”

Roman smiled at him. “I’m really happy for you mate. If she makes you happy, and I know she does, then that’s the most important thing. Now, the tables need setting.”

“I’m on it,” said Aden, grabbing a pile of napkins by the sink, and heading out to the diner, grinning to himself on the way out.

“Some one’s in a good mood,” said Nicole, smugly, as he came over to take her order.

“Your just jealous princess,” said Aden, wryly. “It’s killing you that I like Belle over you. I can see it; it’s eating away at you inside!”

Nicole gaped at him. “No, it’s not,” she cried, aiming to hit him with her napkin.

“Oh yeah, that would leave a bruise,” he said, sarcastically.

“Can I just have the salad please?” said Nicole, irritably, taking a magazine out of her bag.

Aden laughed as he walked back into the kitchen, leaving Nicole shooting dagger looks at him from behind.

The diner stayed pretty packed all day, with lunchtime being the busiest. Aden, Roman and Irene were kept busy with taking orders, clearing tables and washing dishes.

Aden was about to clock off when Belle came in.

“Aw great, I was hoping to find you hear,” she said, as Aden wound his arms around her waist, hugging her to him tightly.

“Where else would I be?” he asked, before pressing a kiss to her forehead.

Belle smiled. “I missed you,” she said, sincerely, looking into his eyes.

Aden chuckled. “Babe, I’ve only been gone a few hours.”

Belle shrugged, indifferently. “Still, you weren’t around and that was the part that I missed.”

He pulled her close again as she wrapped her arms around his neck. “I missed you too.”

“So,” she said, perking up. “Wanna do something this evening? Go see a movie maybe?”

“How about?” said Aden, sliding his fingers through hers. “We go to the movies, but not watch the movie?”

Belle frowned, teasingly. “Why would we do that?”

Aden grinned. “So we can do this!” and he pressed his lips to hers, kissing her passionately.

She responded by running her tongue across his bottom lip teasingly. He prised her mouth open and slipped his tongue in. She moaned quietly with delight.

“Guys,” said Irene, disapprovingly.

They pulled apart, but keeping their arms around each other.

“There’s a time and a place, and this is definitely not it!”

Aden chuckled. “Sorry Irene, we’re about to head off!”

“Hmm, hm” said Irene, turning back into the kitchen.

Belle and Aden chuckled as they heard her mutter “kids” as she walked away.

“How about the movies then?” said Aden, turning back to Belle, grinning at her.

Belle grinned back. “Race you to the car!” and she ran off out the door.

Aden grabbed his jacket quickly and raced after her, laughing when he caught her.

Archived