First Love

Guest LauraPhilly!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for reading!!

Sorry for the lack of updates!! I've been away!!

Hope you enjoy the chapter!

Chapter 8

"Aden? Aden?" said Belle, nervously, shaking his arm.

Aden hadn't realised it, but he had left Belle's room and was now in the living room. He looked around dazedly. Irene was gone, it was just him and Belle. Belle was still in her pyjamas, and was clutching his arm desperately.

"Aden?" she said again, tears running down her face.

He just shook his head. Belle stopped, but kept her hand on his arm.

"I have to get some air," said Aden, subconsciously, turning towards the door.

Belle didn't stop him, she let his arm fall from her grip. She wrapped her arms around herself tightly, as if trying to hold herself together. She watched him as he walked out the backdoor. She broke down in tears again as he finally disappeared from view, curling up in a small heap on the floor.

Aden walked along the path in a daze. He didn't really know where he was going; he wasn't heading anywhere. His mind was somewhere else completely. In some ways, it was still home with Belle. He now damned himself for ever leaving her in such a fragile condition.

But another part of his mind was fighting to believe what she had told him. He was close to going into denial, but he knew that wouldn't help him, and it certainly wouldn't help Belle, and she was the most important thing at the moment.

As he walked down towards the beach, he worked on calming himself down. Belle had said 'cystic fibrosis' and he had immediatly thought death. With the proper care and treatment, Belle would go on living for years. It wasn't as serious as he had first thought.

But then there was the part where Belle said they couldn't treat her here; that she would have to move to the city. The more Aden thought about this, the more he realised that this was not a problem. He would follow Belle anywhere. He would be there to support her all the way. She was the most important thing to him, and he would do anything for her.

He stopped suddenly as he felt the sea lapping gently at his feet. He stared out towards the waves. The sun was shining bright in the sky, and the gulls were flying through the blue sky, bobbing up and down every now and again.

Within a few short minutes, Aden had made his decision and was one hundred percent sure of it. He turned and walked confidently back towards the Beach House. A shot of guilt flowed through him as he remembered how he had just left Belle. She was no doubt crying her eyes out over it, he thought.

As the Beach House came into view, he quickened his step, wanting to see her as soon as possible, as every second they were apart was like a knife going through Aden's heart.

As Belle lay in a small heap on the floor, she was vaguely aware of footsteps approaching the house. She was too tired to really care. It's probably only Irene, she thought. It wouldn't be Aden.

Thinking of Aden brought on another round of hysterics and she clutched herself even tighter, her nails digging into her skin. Suddenly, she felt warm, soft, gentle arms come to wrap themselves around her gently. As the arms pulled her into a cradle, Belle clutched the persons shirt frantically, turning her face into their chest and cried her eyes out.

Within seconds she became aware of who it was. His scent was unmistakeable, and it brought with it a sense of security and safety. Aden had come back. As he pulled closer, she snuggled herself into his chest, her tears now calming down.

As the crying ceased she began to feel drowsy, the crying having drained all the energy out of her. As her eyes began to droop, she felt Aden stroking her face lightly, wiping away any stray tears.

She smiled slightly, relieved and glad he was there. As she fell deeper asleep, he rocked her gently. She felt him grip her tighter as he stood up, and carried her to her room.

She left her eyes stay closed as he lowered her gently onto the bed. Before he could back away, Belle quickly grabbed his hand, keeping his close. She felt him sit on the edge of the bed, she felt the duvet come to wrap itself around her, she felt Aden rubbing circles in her palm soothingly.

Finally she drifted off to sleep, certain that he would be there for her in the morning. Just him coming back to her reassured her of that.

Aden stayed sitted on the edge of Belle's bed, even after she had fallen asleep. Although she was deep under, she still held his hand fairly firmly in hers. Gently he slipped his hand out, and layed her arm down gently on the duvet.

Glancing back at her one last time, he stood up and left the room. He closed the door, careful not to make any noise, and walked into the kitchen. As he came in, Irene walked through the back door.

She and Aden stared at each other for a few moments, not knowing what to say.

"Aden.." Irene began.

He shook his head. "It's alright Irene, I understand why you didn't tell me. I didn't really have a right to know anyway."

"Oh no Aden, you did," said Irene, sincerely, sitting down at the table. "You mean everything to tell. She wanted with all her heart to tell you. It's hurting her so much that you had to find out this way. It'll kill her when she can't see you anymore."

Aden looked up surprised. "What?"

Irene blinked. "Well, you two won't be seeing much of each other when she moves to the city. It's going to really kill Belle, you not being there all the time."

"Irene, listen to me," said Aden, sitting down beside her. "I am going to the city with Belle. I love her so much Irene. I am willing to follow her anywhere. And she really needs me right now. It's going to be hard for her, adjusting to life in the city. I know, me being there will make things better for her, than me not being there."

"But..." Irene began.

"Irene, please," said Aden, desperately. "This is not for me, this is for Belle. I have nothing keeping me here. Belle is like my centre of gravity; my whole being revolves around her. It will kill us both Irene if we let something this simple destroy our relationship. I can't do that to her, Irene, I just can't."

Irene stared in Aden eyes. She saw the honesty and sincerity behind them, and realised Aden meant every word. She smiled and shook her head at him.

"Your going to have to meet the family then," she said, laughing slightly. "Beware of Amanda, she's become very protective of Belle since her diagnosis. She's going to be inspecting you to make sure your suitable."

"She can inspect all she likes, Irene," said Aden, grinning. "No matter what she says, I won't be leaving Belle. She'll just have to get use to that idea."

"There's also the stepbrother, and former boyfriend," said Irene.

"What? Drew you mean?"

Irene nodded. "He might appear to be jealous, but he's not, just protective. He treats Belle as his sister, rather than his ex - girlfriend."

Aden smiled. "Thanks for the heads up. Oh wait, will Amanda mind me staying with in her place."

"Trust me, darl, Belle will throw a fit if she doesn't let you stay!"

Aden laughed. "I can imagine that!!"

Irene got started on the dinner, as Aden went back in to check on Belle. He walked in quietly and sat on the edge of her bed. She was bit restlessly; moving her head, her arms swinging madly at times.

Aden caught one of her hands as it flew past him quickly. "Babe, shh, it's ok."

Belle thrashed in her sleep, and began moaning. "Aden!"

"Shh," he said, soothingly, rubbing circles round her palm. "It's ok, I'm here."

His voice acted like a trigger to deactivate her restlessly. She instantly calmed down and her body relaxed. Aden noticed her heartbeat was slightly irregular. This worried him slightly so he stayed until he was reassured she was alright.

He watched her as she slept peacefully. Mascara was stained on her cheeks from the crying, and her cheeks looked red. The tired face he saw in his memories was now relaxed looking.

He quietly stood up and walked up around to the other side of her bed. Carefully, he lay down beside her, on top of the duvet. He brushed back a strand of hair from her face, fondly, then took her hand and pressed a kiss to it lightly.

He saw her smile slightly in her sleep, and snuggle towards him. He smiled as he watched her, glad she knew he was there. He lay there with her 'till he too fell asleep, curled up beside her.

When Irene came to check on them both, she was surprised to see Aden sleeping too. Carefully, she draped the blanket, at the bottom of Belle's bed, over him lightly.

She walked back to the door, glancing back before she left. She smiled lovingly as she watched them both sleeping peacefully. As she closed the door quietly, Aden subconsciously snuggled closer to Belle so that they were almost touching. Then, minutes later, Belle moved closer to him, so her forehead was lying lightly against him.

Maybe it was just a mere coincidence that that happened, or maybe they both knew, even in sleep, that they were together, always together, never separated, willing to follow each other everywhere for the rest of their lives.

Enjoy!

Chapter 9

As the sun began to shine weakily through the blinds in Belle's window, Aden starred at Belle's face, watching her sleeping expression, while contently playing with her fingers softly.

His heart skipped a beat as suddenly Belle lurched forward and began coughing violently. Aden leaned forward quickly and wrapped his arms around her comfortingly while her body shook as she coughed. He held her, fighting back tears, until she stopped and her breathing calmed.

As he felt her relax in his arms, he carefully lay back, resting her gently on his chest. As he listened to her steadying heartbeat, he kissed her hair softly. She sighed.

"Thank you."

"Anytime," said Aden, squeezing her gently.

They lay in each others arms in silence, listening to the gentle breeze, the birds singing to each other outside and the distant music playing in the kitchen. Although so much had changed within the past few hours, these simply day to day things nearly made Aden forget about yesterday.

In truth, he wanted to forget about yesterday. He wanted to forget seeing Belle so upset, he wanted to erase that image from his mind completely. It tortured him; seeing her like that.

He knew that her life would from now on be a struggle, and he wanted to help her along the way as much as he could. He would do anything, anything for Belle. She was his whole life.

He was pulled out of his thoughts when Belle pulled away from his grip. He leaned up startled, expecting her to start coughing again. He was surprised however when she turned to face his, her eyes dark with worry.

"Aden, what are we going to do?"

He frowned. "What do you mean?"

"I have to go to the city remember. You...me...this isn't going to work."

Aden looked at her shocked. "Belle, I'm coming with you...to the city, I mean. If you think I'm just going to leave you because you have this...disease, and you have to leave, well your very wrong."

"What, your going to come with me?" she said, surprised.

"Absolutely," he said, earnestly. "Belle, I love you so much, and I am going to be there for you every step of the way."

Belle stared at him for a moment, utterly surprised, then smiled at him fondly. "You...are...amazing, d'you know that?"

He smirked. "I think I've heard that somewhere before."

Belle grinned at him, then threw her arms around him, jumping up into his lap. "I love you so much, you know that right."

He nodded, pressing a kiss lightly on her cheek. "Me too, babe. No wait actually,...I quote 'I am unconditionally and irrevocably in love with you'!!'

Belle pulled back and looked at him and smirked, her eyebrow raised. "That's just cheesy Aden, you know I can't resist those Twilight books!"

He laughed, then looked at her, a smile playing on his lips. "Just so I know, you love me more than that Robert Patman guy right?"

"It's Pattinson, and of course I do, you idiot!" she said, smacking him playfully on the arm. "How could you even ask that?"

"Oh I was just wondering," he said, nonchanlantly. "I know the effect he can have on people. I've heard it's the hair."

Belle smiled fondly, as she reached out to play with a strand of his hair. "His hair is not that nice. Anyway, I think Australian guys are way hotter than British guys!"

Aden grinned, teasingly. "Good thing I aint British then, aint it!"

Belle grinned, and kissed him lightly. "Very good!"

"So..." said Aden. "Don't you think you better call your Mum and let her know she's to be expecting an extra person?"

"Um..." said Belle, nervously. "That may be easier said than done. Amanda's gotten really protective over me, as of late. She might not want you there..."

"So, what, her word is law is it?"

"No, God no, she's just gona have to deal with it," she said, confidently. "Your coming with me and that's that. She won't argue with me, not when she knows how stress effects me."

"Yeah, we don't want you getting worked up over anything silly," said Aden. "It aint good for you."

Belle looked up at him, and smiled. "Your so protective."

Aden smirked. "You love it!"

Belle smiled. "Of course, I do!"

They laughed, and jumped out of the beds quickly to get changed. This sudden movement did no good for Belle, and she launched into another coughing fit. Aden ran over quickly and wrapped his arm around her quickly.

She winced in pain as the coughing caused pain to rush through her chest. "Aden," she moaned.

"Shh, it's ok, I'm here," he said reassuringly, holding her close to his chest, incase her legs gave - way.

When the coughing ceased, Belle straightened up and continued getting dressed. Although Aden stepped back and let her get on with it, he watched her carefully, wanting to be ready if she needed him.

The morning however flew by smoothly, Belle's coughing fits having ceased, they were able to think and act pretty normally. Aden could tell Belle was holding off call Amanda, probably due to nerves, but they both knew that she would have to be told the plan soon.

While Belle stayed home with Irene, Aden went back to Roman's place to explain to him and Nicole the situation. He also told them of him moving to the city with Belle. Nicole was more emotional than he had expected.

"Oh, Aden, we're gona miss you so much!" she had said, wrapping her arms around him and hugging him tightly.

Roman meanwhile, just clapped him on the back, told him how proud he was of Aden to be helping Belle this way, and that he hoped that everything would turn out ok.

When finally the time where Belle had to tell Amanda, Aden sat beside her reassuringly, holding her hand as she dialled the number. As the phone rang, Belle tapped her nails loudly on the table.

"Pick up for God's sakes!" she swore quietly.

Aden held her tapping hand comfortingly, and smiled at her.

"Hello?" said Amanda, finally answering the phone.

"Hi Mum, it's me," said Belle, trying not to stutter.

"Belle, hi, how are you?"

"Um, I'm good thanks," said Belle. "Look, about me moving to the city."

"Yes, I've been meaning to talk to you about that," interrupted Amanda, quickly. "We need to decide a date, and what time you want me to pick you up. And don't worry about your room, darling. I went to town the other day and bought some lovely decorative pieces which are just lovely. They are pink, and blue and..."

"Mum!" interrupted Belle, loudly. "I'm bringing my Aden with me. He's kind of myboyfriend."

Aden frowned at the word 'kinda'. Belle squeezed his hand reassuringly.

"Aden Jefferies you mean?" asked Amanda. Belle noted that she didn't sound impressed.

"Yeah, that's him."

"Belle, I don't know," said Amanda, hesistantly. "He's..."

"Amanda, look," snapped Belle into the probably. "Aden and I are a package deal. If he can't stay with me, we'll find somewhere else to stay together in the city! I swear, we will!"

"Belle, let me think this through please," said Amanda. "I'll ring you back this evening with my answer, ok?"

"Ok fine," said Belle, sighing. "You know where I stand though."

"Yes, I know. Talk to you later," said Amanda, wearily.

"Bye," said Belle, and she put down the phone.

"Well?" asked Aden.

"She's going to ring me back later with her answer."

Aden nodded. "I expected as much. She wasn't going to say yes straight away now, was she?"

Belle nodded. "I suppose not. I'd just like to know."

Aden nodded, standing up and walking over to her, putting one hand on the table and one hand on the chair so she was trapped. She chuckled and layed her arms lightly on his.

"Want to go for a walk on the beach?"

She nodded and took his outstretched hand, and let him pull her up and into his arms. Wrapping them tightly around her, he gently crushed her against his chest. She turned her head, and layed it so, that she could hear his beating heart pounding softly in her ears.

As he pulled away, he kept her hand in his and lead her towards the door. She towed along lazily, preparing herself for the bright sun to hit her eyes. She was still blinded however when she stepped outside.

However the smell of the flowers and the sound of the birds singing made going outside for a walk worthwhile. Having Aden with her was just a bonus that she couldn't live without.

loved this amanda better be nice to aden or else. l loved how you meantioned and then said "I am unconditionally and irrevocably in love with" them! refering to the twlight Twlight saga heeh more soon love this.

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 10

BPOV

When life gets to the point where it is unbearable, is there really a point in living?

When love and life are torn apart, is there really a point in living?

When 'good friends' turn their back on you is there really a point in living?

When your worst nightmare comes true.....is there really a point in living?

It is said that when you are bitten by a snake, you are supposed to suck the poison out. That's what I have to do...alone.

One mistake, one mistake is all I made, and now...now my life has never felt so empty.

The one time in my life that I actually need support...there is no one around to give it to me.

No one willing to give it to me.

Teddy bears with bright blue eyes and hard button noses, are not going to help me this time. Their soft fur is not enough to drown my tears in. Their empty hearts is not enough to heal my broken one...

I hear a gently knock on the door, I lift my head from the counter to see who it is.

My heart no longer lifts when I see this person walking through the door. A smile doesn't appear on my face.

The person registers that I am here with a simple nodd. He indicates towards my bedroom. I know why he is here; to collect the rest of his belongings he forgot to take with him earlier. When one is in such a hurry to get out, one forgets things.

He avoids my eyes as he walks back into the kitchen. He avoids looking at me what-so-ever. I suppress a moan as he heads for the door. However a tiny one escapes. He stops briefly, his back still turned away from me.

I hold my breath, will he turn around?

My heart breaks again as he straightens up and walks through the door.

The tears which I try to hold back break through my weak barrier and begin to flow down my face. My heart yearns for care and comfort. My body yearns to feel his warm, soothing arms come to wrap themselves around my fragile body.

Alas this is not to be, I tll myself, as I sink further into my sea of depression.

Hey! Sorii if this is confusing!

Just bear with me for the moment, it will all make sense soon!

Chapter 11

APOV

My stomach is churning as I knock on her door.

No response.

I push the door in, ever so slightly, and it swings open. I look up to see her sitting behind the counter, looking directly at me. For a second, our eyes meet, then I drop my gaze and look at the floor.

For that second gave me all the heartache I could deal with; her face; thin and worn looking, her eyes; the pinnacle of sadness and desperation.

However, she does not glare at me, she does not smile nor does she cry. She simply looks at me, achknowledging who I am and that I am here, in her house.

I indicate towards her bedroom and she simply nodds. She watches me as I pass. The feeling, the knowing of her watching me, is not uncomfortable. It is expected.

I push open her bedroom door gently, the hinges creak with the pressure. Her room would have looked the same as always if her curtains had not been drawn, if her clothes were not thrown everywhere and if her photos of us were not torn up in the bin.

Quietly, I gather up the rest of my things. As I count my shirts, I frown when I realise one is missing. Quickly I steal a glance at Belle. She is sitting with her back turned away to me, behind the counter.

There, draped loosely on her shoulders, is my shirt

Turning back to look at the photos in her bin, I sigh sadly. Carefully, I bend down and pick one up. My heart drops as I remember the day the photo was taken.

It was just Belle and I on the beach, having a picnic in the glorious sun. She had looked so much healthier then. Fatless skin didn't hang from her arms and legs, and her eyes shone bright like the sun instead of the pit of black which had now replaced it.

There was little left of the girl in this picture. Little left of the girl I had fallen in love with.

Quickly, I shove the photo into my pocket, pick up my bags and walk out the bedroom door.

Belle sits there, as silent and as still as ever. I avoid meeting her eyes as I walk towards the back door.

Then I hear a quiet little moan from behind me. I freeze like a statue, like as if I had been struck by lightening.

What should I do? Should I turn around and comfort her? No, I must not do anything, she got herself into this mess.

Slowly I start to walk away, my heart breaking even more with every step I take.

Archived