First Love

Guest LauraPhilly!!

Thanx for ur comments!!

Hope ya enjoy the chapter!!

Chapter 14

"Belle! Belle wait, we have to talk about this," said Aden, as Belle powerwalked ahead of him.

"Talk about what?" asked Belle angrily.

Aden groaned. Talking about this kind of thing wasn't easy when they were walking along a beach. Apart from the fact that people were watching them, it was increasingly hard to talk with sand blowing in their faces.

"Belle, about the baby," said Aden softly, reaching out and grabbing Belle's hand.

She stopped reluctantly.

"Belle, I want you to know that I'll be hear for you the whole time, ok," said Aden, looking into her eyes. "Even though it won't be my baby, I'll love it as if it is, ok."

"Aden....I don't know who's the father?!"

"What?!"

"Yeah, there's a 50- 50 chance this is your baby too."

"Really?"

"Yeah," said Belle, with a tone as if it was obvious. "We'd only made love a few days before....before..."

"It's ok, it's ok," reassured Aden, rubbing her back comfortingly.

"Can we go home please?" asked Belle, resting her head in his chest as he put his arm around her shoulder.

"Sure, c'mon," said Aden, putting his arms around her tightly and leading her up to the path.

"So, what are we going to do?" asked Aden, when they'd got home.

"What d'you mean?" asked Belle, frowning in confusion.

"Are you going to keep the baby?"

"Oh my God, of course, how could you even ask me that?!" asked Belle, thunderstruck.

"Belle c'mon, this is not the right time for you to be having a baby," said Aden, softly. "We've meant to be moving to the city in a week. Who knows, the treatment for your condition may affect the baby?"

"I don't care, Aden," said Belle, desparately. "I can't do, I can't get rid of my own baby. What if it's yours, you wouldn't want me to do it then, would you?"

"Belle, shh, calm down," said Aden, wrapping his arms around her. "Your getting too worked up. It's not good for you or the baby."

"Ok, ok," said Belle, as she breathed in deeply.

"So, your keeping the baby," said Aden. "Talking about me being the father, shouldn't we check to see if I am or not."

"No! No, we'll have to wait 'till the baby's born," said Belle, determindly. "I'm not talking the risk. I will not do anything to harm the baby."

"Ok, so..."

"Can we just go along and pretend that your the father, if anybody asks?" asked Belle.

"Sure," said Aden, softly.

Belle smiled gently and went over and wrapped her arms around his waist. "I love you. So much."

"I love you too," said Aden, wrapping his arms around her shoulders tightly. "So excited about being a Mom?"

"Well...."

"I'm sorry, what?"

Belle and Aden froze. Standing in the doorway was Mattie, her jaw - dropped, utterly speechless.

"And so the fun begins," murmered Aden.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your comments..!!

Hope you enjoy the chapter! :)

Chapter 15

7 months later...

Belle groaned as she felt the baby kick inside her. It's doing it so often these days. she thought. It was amazing that it happened. It was proof that her baby was growing inside her ever expanding tummy. She just wished the baby would give it a break so she could get some sleep.

She reached over to Aden's side of the bed, expecting him to be there. She was surprised to feel the bed empty. She opened her eyes a crack and looked around the room. He wasn't there. She frowned as she saw the time; half seven in the morning was very early for to Aden to be at on a Saturday.

Carefully, she heaved herself up from the bed. She knew Aden would tell her off later for getting up herself. Ever since she had almost gone into early labour, the doctors had ordered her to do as little as possible. Aden had taken this word to word.

Draping her dressing gown over her shoulders, she walked into the hall, keeping her hands on the wall for support. She could just about see her feet underneath her tummy. It had grown so big, it was like a balloon.

Secretly, Belle couldn't wait for the baby to be born just so she could go back to being a size six. She looked forward to being able to wear a bikini again and bot having to be self conscious over her obvious bump.

"Aden," she called quietly, trying not to wake anybody.

"In here, babe!"

Belle walked through to the kitchen to find Aden bent over a newspaper, a steaming mug of what seemed like coffe in his hand.

"What are you doing up so early?" she asked, coming to stand at Aden's side. He wrapped his arm loosely around her waist as she lay her head on his shoulder.

"Couldn't sleep, sorry," he said, pressing a kiss softly to her forehead. "Hey wait, your not meant to get outta bed on your own! Belle you should have called me!"

"I didn't want to wake the others," said Belle, hastily. "Besides, I am perfectly capable of getting out of bed on my own."

"Belle, do you want to hurt the baby?"

"No, of course not," said Belle, horrified. "How could you even think such a thing?"

"Well when you do stuff like this, it makes me wonder."

"Aden it's not like I was doing a somersault of something," said Belle. "Your making way too big a deal of this!"

"Just call me next time please," said Aden softly, almost pleadingly.

"I will, I promised," reassured Belle, as she played with the nape of his hair.

"Belle, I don't know what I'd do if anything ever happened to you," said Aden, sincerely. "You are the most important thing to me. You, and this baby," he said, putting his hands softly on her tummy.

She gently placed her hands on his. The baby kicked gently in Belle's tummy, and they both laughed gently as they felt it.

"See," said Aden, jokingly. "The baby agrees with me too!"

"Well it appears I'm overuled then," said Belle, leaning in and kissing Aden softly.

As she pulled away, she saw Aden's glance up towards the calender. The 25th of July was very clearly marked in red pen.

Belle rolled her eyes. "How long do we have left?"

Aden grinned. "Ten days and counting!"

Belle sighed. Only ten days left of freedom. Only ten days left until another silver ring would join the already obvious one on her left hand. Belle closed her eyes as she remembered that day.

The day that Aden finally got around to proposing to her properly. It had only been two months ago. They hadn't gone to dinner in a fancy restaurant or anything. Aden drove Belle out to the countryside. When they were finally in the middle of nowhere, he stopped and parked the car.

Bewildered, Belle had willingly let him tow her through a field filled with daisies and blueberries, until they reached a little patch where the flowers stopped growing. Letting go of her hand, Aden turned to face her.

With a wide smile on his face, Aden went down on one knee and produced the little red velvet box that Belle had spotted on the counter only months ago. Carefully, he took the dainty little ring out of its box and slipped it on to Belle's finger.

"Belle Taylor, will you marry me?"

"Yes!"

Belle smiled again and opened her eyes, coming back to the present. With only ten days till the wedding, there was still much to do. Belle was confident however that her wedding planner would not fail. Mattie was not the type to give up on anything!

At that moment, the baby kicked gently against her stomach.

"Ok, ok," said Belle. "I'll get you food! God, I wouldn't be surprised if you are Aden's baby; you as impatient as he is!"

With that, she set off to making breakfast, laughing to herself as she went along

im writing it so that she's working around it at the moment, but it is going to be a problem later on.

I aint gona say anymore now though

oh awesome not liking the sound of it though, more soon please. cant wait, 2 see where this goes.

Thanks for your comments..!!

Thanks for reading!! :)

Chapter 16

Belle groaned as she carefully slipped into her wedding dress which Mattie had held out infront of her.

"God, I'm huge!"

Mattie chuckled. "Just keep that baby in there for a few more weeks," she said, as she carefully lifted the dress over Belle's bulge.

Belle patted her stomach gently. "Just another 8 more weeks baby!"

"How do you feel about it?"

Belle sighed. "I'm terrified actually."

"Of what?" asked Mattie, anxiously.

"Of becoming a mother," she said. "Of Aden not being the father, of not having everything we need for this baby."

"Belle, it's all going to be ok, alright," reassured Mattie, rubbing her arms comfortingly. "Once the baby's born you can take the paternity test, and then you'll know for sure. Now, concentrate, we've got to make sure this dress fits."

After zipping Belle up, she stood back as Belle circled on the footstoll in the middle of the shop. As the tailor went up to pull out the train, Belle winced.

"It's too tight!"

"What do you mean it's too tight?" asked Mattie, jumping up and walking around to the back of the dress.

"I mean it's too tight," said Belle, irritated. "My tummy's grown again since we got it last fitted!"

"Shoot!" snapped Mattie. "Can we fix it?" she asked, turning to the tailor.

"Don't worry, it's ok, we can fix it," reassured the tailor. "I'll add a few more centimetres of material around the waist. It'll be

Suddenly Belle started breathing heavily, clutching her stomach.

"It's ok, it's ok," said Mattie, rubbing Belle's arm reassuringly. "Just chill."

"No Mattie, it's not that, it's the baby!" said Belle frantically. "I think I'm having contractions."

Mattie froze. Contractions at 28 weeks. Never a good sign.

Aden's fingers drummed on the steering wheel as he waited in the queue of traffic to get out of town. The radio said it was 35degrees outside. Perfectly normal for the town of summer bay.

Aden rolled down the window, as he felt the heat become clausterphobic. Realising he would be stuck for a while, he turned on the radio, and began turning the dial searching for some good music.

Once he found a good song, he let his head fall back agains the headrest. His eyes drooped with tiredness but he shook his head, and sat up straight in the seat.

When his phone began to buzz in his pocket, Aden took his time taking it out, figuring it was just Nicole ringing to complain at him for forgetting to pick her up from a party the other night. He was therefore surprised when he saw it was Mattie ringing him.

"Hello?" he said, putting the phone on loudspeaker.

"Aden, Aden, you have to get to the hospital now!" Mattie frantic voice said through the phone. "Belle's gone into labour!"

"SHE'S WHAT?" yelled Aden, smacking his hand to his forehead.

"Aden!"

Aden winced as he heard Belle's weak voice cry through the phone.

"Babe, it's going to be ok," he reassured her, as he turned the car around. "Just breath ok! Deep breaths in and out. Mattie, how far are you from the hospital?"

"About five minutes," said Mattie, frantically.

Aden sped up as he heard Belle's uneven breathing in the background.

"Ok I'll meet you there!"

"Hurry!" he heard Belle cry, weakly.

"I'm going there now, babe, you just hang on for me, ok!" he said, urgently. "Think of me ok!"

And then he credit went. Aden cursed himself as he sped down the highway. He didn't care if he got a ticket, he didn't care if he knocked down some old lady's cat, he just had to get to Belle.

When he got to the ER minutes later, he jumped out of the car, and ran straight through the sliding doors, ignoring the bruises he was getting. He ran straight for Mattie, who was accepting a glass of water from the nurse Judy.

Mattie was ghostly pale he observed, and her face looked worn with worry. "Mattie, is she ok? Where is she?"

Mattie just shook her head, unable to give him any answers. Instead, he turned to Judy, desperate for answers.

"She's in a critical condition," said Judy. "But I promise you, the doctors are doing everything they can to save both Belle and the baby."

Aden frowned. "Save?"

Judy nodded, sadly. "Unfortunately, babies born at 28 weeks have fierce complication so if Belle does give birth, the baby is unlikely to survive."

"What about Belle?"

"Well, this is where her cystic fibrosis complicates things," explained Judy. "If at any one point Belle is unable to breath..."

Judy didn't have to finish to know that Mattie and Aden understood what she meant. Subconsciously, Aden walked away from Belle and Judy, and buried his face in his hands. As Mattie saw his body begin to shake, she put a comforting arm on his back.

"Can we go in and see her?" asked Aden, lifting his head slightly.

The nurse shook her head, sadly. "I'm sorry. It's less complicated for the doctors if less people are involved. I will tell you though when I hear anything."

"Thank you, Judy," said Mattie, quickly.

Judy smiled gently, then went to stand behind the desk. Mattie stood beside Aden, rubbing circles round his back.

"I could lose both of them Mattie," said Aden, his voice muffled. "I can't, I can't lose them."

"Aden, Aden, listen to me," said Mattie, determindly. "We've just got to believe they are going to be ok, ok! You've got to believe it."

Aden nodded, unconvinced. He knew nothing would change his mind until he knew Belle and the baby were going to be ok. Until then, he wanted to just curl up in a corner, and suffer in silence.

Archived