Pet Hates

Guest Lise

The way some people insist on typing: Capitals at the beginning of every word (Hey What You Up To Today?), big letter little letter (HeY wHaT yOu Up tO tOdAY?), purposely misspelling words (HaE wOt YoOh UhB TooH ToDaE?). Especially the latter, it takes less time to write 'you' normally than it does 'YoOh'!

It drives me insane! WRITE ENGLISH, PEOPLE!!

Oh I freaking HATE that aswell!!! THe only reasoning I can come up for why these people do such crap is that they probably think it's cool and/or funny.

How sadly mistaken they are....

I also HATE it when my friends talk in some foreign language on facebook. SPEAK FREAKING ENGLISH PEOPLE!!!!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-People who smoke in your face, and don't smoke else where. Public smoking!

-People who drink too much . Then they act mean, stupid, abusive etc.

-People who spray too much deodrant.

- Slamming doors

-People who mowing the lawn at 8am when you're trying to sleep.

- People who have their music up way to loud on a saturday night around 11 and you're trying to sleep.

^ I hate it too. Or people who see you're right behind them but still practically slam the door in your face! <_<

- Celebrities getting whatever they want because they're famous. For example, why does a "normal" couple have to wait for years to be able to adopt a child when celebs seem to be able to adopt children very quickly?

And what celebs did you have in mind?

it doesn't bother me that much, as long as it's in the best interest of the child.

It seems to go very quickly for some international celebs. But I was particularly thinking of Johnny Hallyday, the French singer (who is actually Belgian) and his wife. They got to adopt their first daughter very quickly because he was one of Jacques Chirac's good friends. I'm not saying they're not good parents or anything. I just don't understand why they get to have a child pretty quickly when "normal' people have to wait much longer just because they are not famous or don't know the right people.

The way some people insist on typing: Capitals at the beginning of every word (Hey What You Up To Today?), big letter little letter (HeY wHaT yOu Up tO tOdAY?), purposely misspelling words (HaE wOt YoOh UhB TooH ToDaE?). Especially the latter, it takes less time to write 'you' normally than it does 'YoOh'!

It drives me insane! WRITE ENGLISH, PEOPLE!!

Word. I hate, hate hate then people do that.

On facebook, when some of your contacts are having a full blown conversation on your status, thus you get a thousand e-mails from FB filling up your inbox and 99 notifications. GTFO my status and take it to walls. Sheesh!

Celebrities getting whatever they want because they're famous. For example, why does a "normal" couple have to wait for years to be able to adopt a child when celebs seem to be able to adopt children very quickly?

Oh me too. Don't get me started on the Angelina, Madonna stuff. In infuriates me.

Most of mine have already been mentioned. But here's a few i don't think i've seen:

People who refer to the whole of the UK as England. Drvies me insane, it's just pure ignorance.

People at my work who moan about having not enough hours, so i offer them one of my shifts and they turn it down.

People who walk really slowly in the middle of the street and you cant get past

When you've been buying lots of stuff and the checkout staff ask if you want a bag. It's like, hello, how the hell am i gonna carry all this crap home without one :rolleyes:

I don't so much mind about the celebrity adoption thing because it's all probably in the best interests of the child but it is all very fast tracked. Normally, it takes years to adopt a child.

I, agree, Kirsty. Of course, I want a bag to put all of stuff in. I don't want eggs all over the supermarket carpark!

There's a group on facebook called 'I secretly want to punch slow walking people in the head'. I just walk right past them. I can't be bothered spending half my day walking behind you.

- Celebrities getting whatever they want because they're famous. For example, why does a "normal" couple have to wait for years to be able to adopt a child when celebs seem to be able to adopt children very quickly?

And what celebs did you have in mind?

it doesn't bother me that much, as long as it's in the best interest of the child.

It seems to go very quickly for some international celebs. But I was particularly thinking of Johnny Hallyday, the French singer (who is actually Belgian) and his wife. They got to adopt their first daughter very quickly because he was one of Jacques Chirac's good friends. I'm not saying they're not good parents or anything. I just don't understand why they get to have a child pretty quickly when "normal' people have to wait much longer just because they are not famous or don't know the right people.

I don't know Johnny Hallyday i think i only heard of him once in the news or something he left France for high taxes or something moved to Switzerland so now he has Belgian nationality close to France? will move back to France when taxes are lower or something

what his problem?

In France you have subway fare, in Belgium we don't , we pay car taxes automatically, don't know what's best :)

back to the adoption thing

just between you and me, i think Angelina Jolie could be the next mother Teresa :wink:

Madonna.. she's just imitating Angie cuz it makes her look younger :P

what's really annoying is prime channels showing the same movies over and over again or when pay television channels you signed up for suddenly get replaced with others you don't like, without your permission :angry:

-spam

-DIY :wacko:

This may just be and I'm sure not all people do it deliberetly, but it drives me mad when people use OF instead of HAVE! For example "I should of known" No. No you shouldn't. You should HAVE known!

Sorry. That just really annoys me. :unsure:

100% with you on that one. I try not to correct people, because I hate it when people do that to me in the middle of a story :P , but it drives me up the wall!

Tangerines with pips in them, just completely defeats the point of a tangerine.

EDIT: Just remembered a couple more

Keira Knightley - I can't explain it but she makes my blood boil

Starbucks - the most overrated piece of daylight robbery I've ever come across

Archived