Pet Hates

Guest Lise

*Big W never having what is addvertised in there cataloge.

Haha, same. They advertised flanny pjs for kids. Went to get some for my son and they only had girl designs. Sorry but I don't think Daddy would like the pink rainbows. :P

I have so many, I can't think of them all but:

Old people who think they don't have to show any respect. Especially when they jump in front of you at the checkout.

People who don't have mannners - if it's one thing I'm going to drill into my kids it's good manners.

People who can't drive the speed limit.

People who can't pronounce my name right - I'm seriously thinking about changing it back because it annoys me that much.

Guys that only go for chicks who dress like s***s and are skinny and won't even take the time to get to know any other chicks. Actually just guys in general.

There's heaps more so I'll add them when I think of them.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Katie, my cousin's 2 year old daughter is going to be most well mannered child ever. Manners are important but some kids don't even say 'please' or 'thank you' but that's all up to the parents. Parents have all the power - they will make or a break a child. Oh dear, I'm preaching now. It just annoys me when parents don't take any responibility for their own flesh and blood.

Why does the government spend millions of dollars advertising non-smoking and non-drinking ads on the tv and billboards yet you can walk down the road and buy the stuff? If they both cause that much trouble why are the legal?

I've no doubt I'll be back but this is my list for the moment...

- Motorists who don't indicate, plus those who do but leave it until the last possible second before you're both in a heap on the road.

- Lack of courtesy on today's roads (see the above).

- Bad attitudes and lack of manners.

- People not saying thank you when you hold the door open for them.

- Tesco trollys. They don't turn.

- Tesco isles. They're too narrow.

- People on buses having ridiculously loud conversations about stuff you really don't want to know about.

- Young people on buses behaving like lunatics.

- Bus drivers who seem to think the rest of the passengers and yourself will jump ship if you don't get to your destination five seconds after you've left the bus stop.

- People throwing cans, bottles, chewing gum and wrappers on the ground. Pick it up and put it in the bin.

- People spitting. It's grotesque and completely unnecessary.

- Dogs' mess. Get a bag, get a scoop and clear it up!

- TV ads in which the kid is either in the loo or asking to go to the loo to do a poo. The 'I want to do a poo at Paul's' ad should be banned.

- Loo cleaner ads in which we see the loo bowl and how insanely dirty it is. They always put them on at dinner time.

- Being ripped off.

- Prices at Costa (see the above).

- Zac Efron worship. I'm sure he's a really nice guy and all but it's gone too far now. The same goes for Vanessa Hudgens and The Jonas Brothers.

- People talking to the cashier while you're waiting behind them in the queue. I don't mind if they want to have afternoon tea with each other in the shop, just as long as I can pay for what I'm buying without standing there like a lemon while they're off having a catch up session.

- Items getting stuck in vending machines. Is there a worse thing? Unless you're able to shake the thing to within an inch of its life, you end up spending yet more money on buying the item directly behind it so that that one will push the one that's stuck.

- Queue jumping, especially while waiting for the bus. The main problem where I live is that the queues form from so many directions that you all end up meeting in the middle - possibly the stem of the worst queue jumping around, as you can weave your way around people so that you're in just the right position to get your ticket first. Grrr.

- Telephone surveyors. No offence to anyone on here that may be a telephone surveyor but the ones I've been in contact with have sadly given them a bad name. Why oh why do some of them get in contact with you after you've told them five times already that 1) you're not interested 2) you're eating dinner and 3) you haven't got five hours to spend listening to their non-stop speak?

Wellington Buses (Trolley buses and Snapper cards particulary)

Trolley Buses having their poles come off

Bus Drivers moaning about not being able to have a smoke if they are running late

The Lack of Buses that go from town to Mum and Dad's place in Dunedin

I especially hate how every second or third GoWellington bus has a Lindauer or Baileys ad on it

The 15% holiday surcharge

Blanket Man not staying wrapped up in his blanket

People who stare.Take a photo it'll last longer.

Spitting

Smoking

People who chew with their mouth open

People who talk with their mouth full

Kelly Clarkson.GO AWAY!!!!

Dirty old men coming on to me.

Old people who think it's their god given right to be respected.If you don't respect me i won't respect you.

Girls who dress like skanks and throw themselves at guys.It's desperate and pathetic and i don't wanna watch.

Ignorant people.I have a physical disability not intellectual.There's a difference.

People who walk at a snail pace or better still stop and chit chat.Do this and my wheelchair is guaranteed to collide with your feet.Don't abuse me just stop doing it!

Bad manners. It doesn't hurt to say please and thank you and to be generally polite.

People who eat with their mouths open.

People who get "tough" breeds of dogs just to enhance their own image and then don't keep their dogs under control.

People who drop litter in the street instead of in the bin.

Parents who talk about their children as if the child is invisible when the child is actually with them.

Parents who yell at their kids to shut up when the poor kid usually only wants to chat about what happened in school that day or whatever.

Radio 2 (which I listen to while getting ready for work in the morning) playing a jazz record inbetween all the good music. I can't stand jazz!!!

Icy,horrible, freezing dangerously slippy pavements.

Ironing and cooking!!! :rolleyes:

Archived