Sex

Guest adellejefferiesxox

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's exactly the same for guys too though. We are programmed with testosterone, girls are programmed with estrogen. These hormones are what make the difference. Although even that is stereotypical in itself. I have found many people of the opposite sex more interested in the physicality of things and guys that get emotional at the drop of a hat. It's like a sliding continuum, there doesn't have to be a defined role, so to speak.

I agree with Dean here. It's not like all guys automatically are all about the physical side of it and girls are all about the emotions. It depends on a lot of things, like circumstances, the general situation of things, the other person, the story behind. It's mostly just a stereotype. Like Dean says it has to do with hormones, and it's not like everyone has one set level of estrogen or testosteron, and then that level never changes the slightest at all. I know girls who have had one night stands just for the physical act, and the same girls often have been or later go into commited relationships. I also know guys who have been in relationships and who have been the ones holding back, because they wanted it to be about the emotional side of it as well. Saying it's that black and white is basically just stereotyping it, it has a lot more to do with intentions than gender. And generally, the stereotype you mentioned is the one backing up that a guy is supposed to be an animal, basically, while a girl is a slut if she isn't emotionally involved. That stereotype, that keeps being backed up and built up every day (like in this case) also affects people's intentions, and how much they hold back or step up.

I think its very unfair to say that all guys only think about the sex and all girls think about the emotional side of things which is completely untrue.

I know a few women who are only interested in the sex and a few men who are into the emotional side of things more.

Its very stereotypical to say that :

Women - are into the emotional aspect

Men - are into just the sex aspect

I agree with what Dean and Eli are saying .

It all depends on a persons personality and circumstances too I think.

Generally speaking when a person can sleep with someone and not feel an emotional attachement afterwards, that person is usually a man. And that is really just in my experience. You see it all over and over again at uni, the guy is very happy to spend time with a girl and have sex with her but still not be upset if she was to get with someone else in front of him. I've rarely met a girl that is like that. A lot of girls like to pretend that they can sleep with someone and then not give a sh*t if he ignores her afterwards but it's generally not how it works.

Also, again just in my experience, if a guy is serious with a girl he will not talk about their sex life. That might change after they break up but they are extremely private about that sort of thing when in a relationship. It doesn't tend to work that way round with girls, they don't mind chatting about sex with their friends.

And, as Eli and Dean said, everyone has their own attitude to sex, it depends on the person.

Archived