Sex

Guest adellejefferiesxox

I was recently in a relationship for 6 months, the time came when my girlfriend asked me for sex! i was too embarrased to tell her about my beliefs so had to end our romance. A few weeks later it turnt out that she also believed in no sex before marriage, apparently she was just testing me to see what my response would be. I dont know whether i should take her back as i dont like the idea of testing me out? or should i just carry on happily as i have been for the last few weeks?

Ask yourself this. Is she worth it? If she is then you know what you should do and if you know she isnt worth then save yourself some aggro and distance yourself. There isnt nothing worse than being someone even when you dont even like them.

It was wrong for her to test you and she should have spoken to you about it instead. I think you should talk to her about it and then see how you feel. Maybe she isn't worth it and you should move on and be with someone who you feel better with.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never seen the problem with sex before marriage.

It depends on your beliefs, if you do want to do the sex before marriage, or stick with waiting after it.

And to MartinBartlett: Don't be pressured into starting the relationship again. Do what you think is best and what you think is the right decision. It didn't sound like the nicest thing to do [testing you] but if you really like her... Do what you think is best.

Upon reading those three threads of advice i decided to take it upon myself to get in contact with 'her'. I told her that what she did to me was unfair and she should have just told me how she feels. She promptly replied by saying any women would have done the same thing, at this point i put the phone down! I realised that a girl like this is not for me. Thanks for the advise Homeandawayxoxo, zetti and HAA girl 08 i owe you one.

She promptly replied by saying any women would have done the same thing, at this point i put the phone down!

what a cheek, she's gives women a bad name! I told my last boyfriend outright that i wanted to wait before sex (we broke up after christmas and I'm glad we never did it). Two years ago I split with a guy cause he was pressuring me to sleep with him even though he knew i wasn't ready.

Everyone is different and you have to do what feels right for you.

Sounds like you are better off without her MartinBartlett.

Upon reading those three threads of advice i decided to take it upon myself to get in contact with 'her'. I told her that what she did to me was unfair and she should have just told me how she feels. She promptly replied by saying any women would have done the same thing, at this point i put the phone down! I realised that a girl like this is not for me. Thanks for the advise Homeandawayxoxo, zetti and HAA girl 08 i owe you one.

She gives women a bad name. Steer clear, dont get yourself involved in something that you arent ready for or even want to be involved with, move on and be happy, you deserve it :D

I'm most definitely a girl, but in all fairness sex is different for men and women. Women, generally, view it as more than just a physical act. They do it 'cause they 'love' the guy, or feel some connection with him. There's definitely a lot more emotion involved. I find that with guys, on the other hand, at least at first, having a girlfriend is more of a physical thing. Their body tells their brain their girl's attractive, so it's only natural they wanna have sex with her. I'm not saying this gives them the excuse to be insensitive about it - it most definitely doesn't - but I think it just takes guys in general longer to realise that they love someone, and to feel close to them, so they probably can't understand why we place so much importance on it. Of course, there are the complete douchebags who'd sex anything with a pulse, with an intentional disregard for feelings, but I certainly don't think that all guys who appear to want sex straight away at first are complete idiots. They just need a bit of re-education. ;)

They just need a bit of re-education.

I would pay for someone to do that, I have been in a relationship where all the guy wanted was sex and got very annoyed when I said I would only sleep with someone if they truly loved me so that was over quite quickly, its a shame.

Thats good that you realised the girl is not for you before it was too late.

Archived