Aden Jefferies - Todd Lasance

Foxy

Just to point out that it has been 6 months since Aden saw Belle. In an episode last week, Alf mentioned to Aden that it has been 6 months since her death and wondered how he was coping They generally catch up on time sometime in January.

I know it may sound confusing but Aden last saw Belle approximately 3 months ago. Yes Alf said it was 6 months but he got it wrong. Home and away went on a break for two months. During that two months Nicole and Aden remained in jail, obviously they hadn't spent two whole months in jail. Aden or Nicole said that they had only been seeing each other for "one week". Which proved that time hadn't fast forwarded and they indeed only remained in jail for a few days/or maybe even one, it was not 2 months. So if you subtract two months, that makes 3 months, because I remember saying just before home and away went on a break "3months is too short to move on". So I'm saying that the audience hasn't seen Belle in 6 months, but Aden is in a different time to us, so in his time it's only been 3 months. But the writers have obviously speeded up time to make it seem like Belle has been dead for six months.

Just to point out that it has been 6 months since Aden saw Belle. In an episode last week, Alf mentioned to Aden that it has been 6 months since her death and wondered how he was coping They generally catch up on time sometime in January.

I know it may sound confusing but Aden last saw Belle approximately 3 months ago. Yes Alf said it was 6 months but he got it wrong. Home and away went on a break for two months. During that two months Nicole and Aden remained in jail, obviously they hadn't spent two whole months in jail. Aden or Nicole said that they had only been seeing each other for "one week". Which proved that time hadn't fast forwarded and they indeed only remained in jail for a few days/or maybe even one, it was not 2 months. So if you subtract two months, that makes 3 months, because I remember saying just before home and away went on a break "3months is too short to move on". So I'm saying that the audience hasn't seen Belle in 6 months, but Aden is in a different time to us, so in his time it's only been 3 months. But the writers have obviously speeded up time to make it seem like Belle has been dead for six months.

Of course he didn't get it wrong!If you sit and analyse the timing of Home and Away, it isn't going to make any sense.What do they do during the weekends?What about all those episodes where only a day passes for the characters when three days pass for the audience?Maybe it had been five months before they went on the break even though it had only been three months for the audience, after all there was clearly a fairly major time jump after Belle died because the next episode was the funeral. Alf says Belle's been dead six months, Aden doesn't correct him, she's been dead six months.You can't second guess a fact that's been established on-screen.Look at it this way:It was before Christmas when Aden and Nicole were in jail yet Australia Day has been and gone, so clearly several weeks passed somewhere.School exams were long after Belle died, so she can't have died in November or something.And the "one week" probably counts from when they got together properly, when Liam saw them kissing, than from the kiss in jail.

Edited by Red Ranger 1

No he saw her 6 months ago, just like Alf said. :rolleyes: Home and Away always catches up on the time they loose over the Christmas break. They're currently in the same months we are. I think that is pretty obvious.

Just been looking through the old Aden appreciation thread from 2008, with 1522 posts and cam across this quote

I hope Aden never leaves the show - how empty would it be without him?

It certainly would be empty without him, the fun and sex factor would be sucked out of the show.

please post this on post.

Edited by john003au

Just been looking through the old Aden appreciation thread from 2008, with 1522 posts and cam across this quote

I hope Aden never leaves the show - how empty would it be without him?

It certainly would be empty without him, the fun and sex factor would be sucked out of the show.

please post this on post.

To be honest out of all the characters that have left/are leaving the past few years I have to say I would miss most of them more than Aden. I never really took to Aden because at when he started getting storylines at the end of 2007/start of 2008 he was nothing but a jerk and I don't just forget things hes done/said that easily.

Also hes only really been regular character since 2008 so I won't really miss him. I miss Belle more than I wil Aden thats for sure. I kinda liked Belle but I am kinda indifferent to Aden.

Ironically, it has now, after two and a half years, got to the point where I quite like Aden.He seems to have finally done some much needed growing up this year and stopped acting like a jerk all the time.I don't know if it's because he's with Nicole, who's always brought out the best in him in my opinion, or because the writers felt they needed to show him finally at peace with himself

before he leaves

but it is nice to see.

• 2 months later...

Didn't realise I was the last person to post on here.That feeling didn't last...Well, first off, there was an even worse departure storyline for Aden hanging around which fortunately they had the sense to drop.Joining the army would have been the worst possible environment for him.You're not going to help a young man with anger management issues and a dodgy moral compass by giving him a gun and sending him off to a war zone.There's a pretty good chance he'd have ended up like Gardy.

As with Geoff's departure, Aden's seemed to be abrupt and dependent on hastily introduced and ill thought out character traits.Unlike Geoff's, they couldn't actually think of a decent pay off for the character, possibly because despite attempts to paint it as a recent thing he's actually been "drifting" ever since he left school and never made any plans beyond "Marry Belle and have lots of babies." Justin initially suggests that Aden has a lot of anger inside him and needs help controlling it.There's some truth in that but Aden would be a lot more willing to accept guidance from people he knew and respected than a bunch of men in uniform shouting orders at him.(We have actually seen him going to the likes of Alf and Tony for advice recently.)Anyway, that angle soon got forgotten about in place of Justin making snide remarks about Aden's life and insisting that working in the Diner and being with Nicole was a waste of a life.I imagine that was news to the many people in real life who take unglamourous jobs so they can be with the person they care about and probably says more about Justin's attitude towards relationships than anything else.

There didn't really seem to be any reason for Aden to leave Summer Bay even if he was capable of making more of himself.Nicole's perfectly reasonable suggestion that he could study locally was dismissed with a dogmatic "He won't do that."Aden did actually fill in his uni options before he chose not to apply and spend more time with Belle instead so he must have had some idea what he wanted to do.If seamanship was his "thing", as he suggested when Nicole asked him about her designs, then he could study that.I was left with the feeling that Justin and Nicole would have helped him more if they'd tried to encourage him to pursue a career he wanted rather than trying to force him into a life he didn't want.

In the end, he just left for the city, directionless as ever.Justin's demonstrated that he's no good at keeping Aden out of trouble and being in the army means he'll be away a lot anyway.In all likelihood, Aden will just carry on drifting, take another dead end job in the city and waste his life a lot more than if he'd stayed with Nicole.