Aden Jefferies - Todd Lasance

Foxy

Hey, I'm new to this forum. Well I have read a lot of posts here during the last year (every day actually), but I haven't registered before now. (mainly because my English is awful, very long time since I left the school...., yes I am probably one of the oldest members. But then I decided to give it a try.)

I started again and watch Home and away last year (on youtube, sometimes watching it in Norwegian pace, but we are two years behind. I have always thought the carachter of Aden is very interesting, I was very drawn into his abuse storyline. But during his relationship with Belle I think everything was focused on her (Belle and Angelo, Belle and the developement site, Belle and the drug addiction and finally Belle and the cancer storyline), and Aden just had to adjust to her... I hope that will change now.

I think he recovered from his grief too fast. I mean, it has been a while since Belle died, but he went from crying too sleep in her bed, then he was electrocuted and then suddenly he was joking and (seemingly) happy.... Not very realistic. But this is how HA always does with their carachters. They are sick, drug addicts, grieving etc., and writers let them go through that over a long period of time and suddenly - out of nowhere - they have recovered and everything is back to normal again. (very sorry about my English).

This happened with Adens breakdown, Belles drug addiction, Irenes alcoholism (this year), Melody and so on... Its a shame, because the storylines would have been better if they went deeper in to the recovery of a problem not only the problem itself.

And again, sorry about my English...

I started again and watch Home and away last year (on youtube, sometimes watching it in Norwegian pace, but we are two years behind. I have always thought the carachter of Aden is very interesting, I was very drawn into his abuse storyline. But during his relationship with Belle I think everything was focused on her (Belle and Angelo, Belle and the developement site, Belle and the drug addiction and finally Belle and the cancer storyline), and Aden just had to adjust to her... I hope that will change now.

That's exactly how I felt about the Belle Aden relationship. I never really liked them together. Towards the end when she was dying they were very sweet together, but for most of the rest of the time I wasn't bothered about them.

They're whole relationship seemed to be based on drama. First it was Aden and his dad/grandad. Then it was Belle and the construction site, Belle and Angelo, Belle and the drugs etc. etc.

If there wasn't some drama going on then they weren't together.

It always seemed to me that Aden opened up to Belle about his abuse and then it was sort of like they were dependant on eachother, but not in the good kind of depending way.

I don't know if that makes sense, but basically I'm agreeing with the previous post.

Yes they were dependant on each other... But I also mean after Adens breakdown he just had to exuse himself to everyone - to the viewers and to the other carachters espesially Belle, since she eventually took him back. I have always thought it was wrong that he had to justify himself all the time... Of course it was wrong what he did to Belle, Rachel and his father during his breakdown, but it was a breakdown... And after he came back to the bay after the clinic, he was the one who had to be strong.... Belle cheated on angelo, yes she did, but she wasn't kind to Aden either. Gave him mixed signals, said she just wanted to be friends and then touched him on his hands etc.... , and also followed him - took photos... and so on. Yes, she wasn't sure if she could trust him anymore, but she knew it was about his father/grandfater, he had only reacted in bad ways in situations related to the abuse, not in other situations. And Aden was the one who had to build himself up again after the breakdown, yes he had a lot of counciling in the clinic but to go back to daily life and try to live as normal as possible takes time after something like this.

She had Irene to talk to and when she was unsure of Aden her life was more stabile than Adens.

He was the one who had suffered a breakdown, not her.

And after that he had to show to the public/Belle that he deserved her. Every storyline they had from there were like... will Aden go through this with belle.. (the drug abuse, when she didn't tell her about the cancer etc) He owe her so much... But did he owe her anything, yes she took him back, but that was after months after she had dated Angelo and also given Aden signals that she also wanted him. But she didn't break up with Angelo. Aden needed Belles support.

After the trial, she said to him that he was the one she loved , and he just walked away from her... Everyone seemed to be angry at him for that. But what?? she was still with Angelo, and he was actually watching them when she said it to him (Aden). What was he supposed to do??

what I am trying to say is that Aden always had to change his ways because of Belle, but she didn't do that for him. she fully supported him only for a couple of weeks from the day he told about the abuse and until the breakdown. I think that Aden "drowned" in Belle, there was no mention of his family, his history anymore...

I hope we will have his storyline back on track and finished properly

before Aden leaves

Yeah I agree.

Since his breakdown, which is now a year ago, pretty much all of his storylines have been about his supporting Belle through whatever she was going through at the time. He was so tied to Belle that he never really interacted with anyone else.

It would be nice to see him involved in something without any connection or mention of Belle.

Actually now that I think of it, isn't his dad still alive in jail or hospital?

Actually now that I think of it, isn't his dad still alive in jail or hospital?

As far as I know, he is still in jail. We haven't really heard about him for a long time. Aden last talked about his dad, when he was drunk after his bucks night (or what you call it... ). He was talking to Tony in the kitchen at Romans appartment. But he didn't mention whether his father still was in jail or not.

Hey, I'm new to this forum. Well I have read a lot of posts here during the last year (every day actually), but I haven't registered before now. (mainly because my English is awful, very long time since I left the school...., yes I am probably one of the oldest members. But then I decided to give it a try.)

I think he recovered from his grief too fast. I mean, it has been a while since Belle died, but he went from crying too sleep in her bed, then he was electrocuted and then suddenly he was joking and (seemingly) happy.... Not very realistic. But this is how HA always does with their carachters. They are sick, drug addicts, grieving etc., and writers let them go through that over a long period of time and suddenly - out of nowhere - they have recovered and everything is back to normal again. (very sorry about my English).

This happened with Adens breakdown, Belles drug addiction, Irenes alcoholism (this year), Melody and so on... Its a shame, because the storylines would have been better if they went deeper in to the recovery of a problem not only the problem itself.

Welcome :) your english seems fine to me :)

Thank you!!

Thank you!!

Welcome and your English is good. I checked your profile you are not the oldest one here. I am actually a few years older then you. Welcome again.