Aden Jefferies - Todd Lasance

Foxy

Yeah I agree.

Since his breakdown, which is now a year ago, pretty much all of his storylines have been about his supporting Belle through whatever she was going through at the time. He was so tied to Belle that he never really interacted with anyone else.

It would be nice to see him involved in something without any connection or mention of Belle.

Actually now that I think of it, isn't his dad still alive in jail or hospital?

I'm delighted Belle is gone, because now the "OMG ADELLE R SO CUTE, ADELLE 4EVA!!!!" phase is over, we can finally get back to pre-Adelle Aden, when he was much more interesting.

OMG ADELLE R SO CUTE, ADELLE 4EVA!!!!"

Umm I'm pretty sure adelle fans don't go around saying it like that and just because Belle is gone doesn't mean we'll stop being adelle fans! All it means is we won't be able to discuss new adelle scenes, but we can always sequeal over the old-school adelle scenes.

Yeah I agree.

Since his breakdown, which is now a year ago, pretty much all of his storylines have been about his supporting Belle through whatever she was going through at the time. He was so tied to Belle that he never really interacted with anyone else.

It would be nice to see him involved in something without any connection or mention of Belle.

Actually now that I think of it, isn't his dad still alive in jail or hospital?

I'm delighted Belle is gone, because now the "OMG ADELLE R SO CUTE, ADELLE 4EVA!!!!" phase is over, we can finally get back to pre-Adelle Aden, when he was much more interesting.

I find it funny you say that, because it seems to be we always say things like that, but genreally there aren't actually any fans of those specific couples running around saying it xD

For the show, Aden's had plenty of time to grieve. People were already starting to complain about how moody he is & would he realise other people are hurting too etc. and now people are starting to say he's too cheerful too fast, and hasn't had enough time to get over Belle... there really is no pleasing everyone.

Whilst not everyone is an Adelle fan, I think people are forgetting that Belle became his whole life; whether we like it or not. Even Aden has said it himself numerous times, things like [these aren't precise quotes though] "Belle died, and now I might as well be dead too" or "now that her life is over so is mien" - he literally gave up wanting to go on for a while, and, fan of Adelle or not, as general fans of the show, we can't be expected to just overlook that.

I imagine she'll still be present in the show for a while longer, in spirit/thought/reference, but, I'm happy to see Aden starting to go back to himself. Some of his recent scenes with Geoff have been excellent to watch. :)

Is there anyone else who can't stand Aden? I hate him beyond belief. He always has to be the centre of attention and flies off the handle so easily. I know that's just his character but I think it's unrealistic that there aren't more people in the Bay that dislike him.

The last straw was when he shut the door on Irene recently in Oz.

I know he's just lost his wife, but that doesn't give him warrant to do what he likes. He hated him even more when Hugo tried to help him out and he was like "well, I'm not your mate".

Basta**.

I understand where you're coming from but i'm really not gonna judge him because his wife just died.

Apart from that, to me he's not such an interesting character despite his "big storylines" he's really not my type. :(

Yeah I agree.

I have never really taken to Aden and warmed to him at all. Sometimes he just really grates on my nerves with his moody behaviour. Fair enough his wifes died but really thats no excuse to be horrible to people and selfish. How does he think Irene feels , Belle was like a daughter to her who shes known for almost 4 years and he just slams the door in her face.

He gets away with everything, i try not to take it the actor personally (i'm not) but who the hell does he think he is!

Definitely not my mate and he's one of the characters who doesn't deserve

??????????

yikes :ph34r:

did i say something wrong :ph34r:

You are entitled to mean what you want but I don't agree with you!! A lot of people complain about Adens behaviour all the time, no matter what the reason for his behaviour is. We didn't see Aden apoligise to Nicole but a lot on Home and away do happens off screen. For example when Rachel thought that Tony was cheating with Belinda (after Jacks death) because he got lot of mms from her. then he showed Rachel the boat (Jacks boat that Tony had been working on) and then everything was fine. But we never got an explanation of who Belinda was. And after Tony tried to kill Angelo when rachel was at the hospital we never saw him really apoligised to her and we never saw her forgiving her. (I hope you understand my terrible English). But noone did complain about that.

When Aden had his breakdown a lot of people "hated" him for what he did to Belle, Rachel and his father. And that was potrayed like a breakdown, like he lost his mind for a period of time, and all he wanted was to get rid of his pain. And his father was a key to that. But when Tony almost killed angelo we did not see many complains about that. And It was more of a sudden change in behaviour because he couldn't handle his pain anymore. Tony, he even planned it for a long time. Aden never planned to do what he did.

charlie electrocuted the person who raped her long long time ago. It wasn't a breakdown (they didn't play it that way), but it was a person who reacted in panic. Every of this actions can be explained. Only Aden got punished for what he did. And a lot of you did think that he should have got to prison. I don't excuse what Aden did, but what the other did was just as bad and maybe even worse (if you have a look at their state of mind when they did it). Maybe the producers did a mistake and did not show enough of Adens comunity service, and maybe he should have got a lot of councelling after he left the clinic. But what about Charlie and tony??? tony had lost his son, he thinks that Angelo is his killer, charlie was raped and Aden was abused as a child (actually raped a lot of times). Do tony and charlie have better reasons for doing what they did?

Yes, aden is very moody sometimes, but he has been through a lot since he came to the show. What about Rachel, she is moody... Yes she has post natal stress disorder, and that is a decease... But she was moody before she got that child too. Geoff is very moody... He had a girfriend but couldn't sleep with her because of his belief but after he broke up with her he hooked up with someone else and slept with her very soon.

When Aden and Geoff were on the trawler, I think that geoff really crossed the line by telling aden what he did. He complained that Aden felt sorry for himself and did not think about the others who were grieving too, and he yelled at him that he need to accept that Belle was dead. But who was the one who left the school because he didn't see any reason to go on because Belle had died. And who ran away from it all together with Ruby. It seems like everyone thought that was ok, Belle was like a sister to Geoff... But Aden, as Belles boyfriend and husband, and he shouldn't have the right to grieve?? what??? People were complaining about his behaviour and grieving and told him to move on the day after his wife was buried!!! Morag and Nicole said he should move on. Three days after, Geoff ran away and that was ok... Hmmm....

And I haven't forgotten that geoff never was punished for killing a lot of sheep when he was at his grandfathers farm. Everyone excused him for that... Hmmm...

Well of course, Aden should't have hit Liam, because violence does not solve anything!! But it's very easy for me to understand his feelings about Liam. He almost lost Belle because of Liam. He sold drugs to her.... and he ruined her funeral. Liam is still a drug dealer, and is not to be trusted.

On the positive side, I think it's very good to see Nicole and Aden talk to each other again. I hope we are going to see a lot of their friendship in the future.

Sorry about my very long post!

Edited by jodlebirger

Liam didn't sell Belle drugs!!! Or did I miss something?

He might have given her something at the concert way back, but she was already on her way to being an addict by then.

I have to admit I'm a bit confused as to why they all hate him so much. He was Belle's friend in rehab, and as far as I remember helped her through a little bit.

I know he relapsed a few times, and his presence caused grief between Belle and Aden for a bit, then there was him causing trouble at the funeral. But the way they all react to him is like he did much worse.

He might have given her something at the concert way back, but she was already on her way to being an addict by then.

I have to admit I'm a bit confused as to why they all hate him so much. He was Belle's friend in rehab, and as far as I remember helped her through a little bit.

I know he relapsed a few times, and his presence caused grief between Belle and Aden for a bit, then there was him causing trouble at the funeral. But the way they all react to him is like he did much worse.

Yes, he did sell her drugs!!! After the rock concert, and yes she already was an addict but it doesn't excause it. He actually sold her drugs several times. And he had a lot of drug dealers who came to the bay because of him. Of course the citizens of Summer Bay don't want that.

And if someone came to a funeral to a friend of mine, or some of my relatives and do what Liam did I really would have reacted the same as Aden and the others did. When you are grieving you are really fragile and sensible emotionally. It wasn't wrong of him to show up there, but when he came too late - he interupted the whole thing and he was high!! I think that they are potraying that bit very realistic. And they all know that Liam sold drugs to teenagers. If someone did that to shcool kids in my neighbourhood I would have been really sceptical to that person too.

Liam and Belle did comfort each other during the rehab time, but Liam never took his addiction seriously, well not seriously enough... And we saw the pills in Liams car after Belles funeral.

Yes, he did sell her drugs!!! After the rock concert, and yes she already was an addict but it doesn't excause it. He actually sold her drugs several times. And he had a lot of drug dealers who came to the bay because of him. Of course the citizens of Summer Bay don't want that.

And if someone came to a funeral to a friend of mine, or some of my relatives and do what Liam did I really would have reacted the same as Aden and the others did. When you are grieving you are really fragile and sensible emotionally. It wasn't wrong of him to show up there, but when he came too late - he interupted the whole thing and he was high!! I think that they are potraying that bit very realistic. And they all know that Liam sold drugs to teenagers. If someone did that to shcool kids in my neighbourhood I would have been really sceptical to that person too.

Liam and Belle did comfort each other during the rehab time, but Liam never took his addiction seriously, well not seriously enough... And we saw the pills in Liams car after Belles funeral.

couldnt have said any of that better myself!

Even if Liam sold drugs to Belle, isn't it Belle's responsbility for her actions not Liam. Belle chose to take the drugs, Liam didn't force her.

I wish Aden hadn't of hit Liam, that wasn't right. I love both characters but Aden's behaviour yesterday was just wrong, because you can see how sorry Liam is. He deserves a second go :)

Even if Liam sold drugs to Belle, isn't it Belle's responsbility for her actions not Liam. Belle chose to take the drugs, Liam didn't force her.

I wish Aden hadn't of hit Liam, that wasn't right. I love both characters but Aden's behaviour yesterday was just wrong, because you can see how sorry Liam is. He deserves a second go :)

I can see how you see that...

But I dont think he does, he's been given more chances then a pig has been bathed! and each and every time he stuffed up! There are only so many times a person can be given a chance and he's had more then he can chew from my end of the stick.

First at the concert, Liam didn't know Belle was addicted to drugs yet he still offered them to her, and then selling drugs to a couple of teens, then pressuring Belle into going on tour with him when they were meant to be concentrating on their recovery.

Then... coming back after all that, finding out Belle was dying, showing up to her funeral high and then giving drugs to Nicole and sleeping with her and consequently ditching her and leaving her in a hotel room.

In my opinion, Liam deserved that punch from Aden!!!

And Aden had every right to do it as far as I'm concerned

Edited by matticus01