Rachel Armstrong - Amy Mathews

Foxy

There's a good interview with Amy on Tv Weeks website to which gives an insight into what Rachel was going through, hopefully we'll get to see it on screen but I'm not too optimistic!

It is a good interview... shame it's hidden away like that! For anyone who is having trouble finding it >>> Click Here

I liked that she mentioned the weighted doll! :P I hate the scenes with the doll... you can tell straight way that it isnt real!

I'm still crossing my fingers that a video interview with Amy (or Jon) will appear on the OS at one point.... *ooops, is that a pig I see flying out there?*

No it's not the end of the world but it's sad when a child doesn't have that.

I don't have any grandparents, I never knew them I don't think its sad.

Sorry for quoting such an old post but I have to agree with Steph. I don't think its sad, to an extent though. It is sad later in life for a person looking back and thinking that it would have been nice to have gotten to know them. I've pnly got a grandmother alive , the rest all died before I was born , so I never knew them , I don't even know the 1 grandparent thats still alive :lol: its sad when a childs only got 1 parent and when they've got none but grandparents aren't that special imo. Thats only from my point of view who has never had a grandparent in my life and life experiences do change peoples opinions on things like this. If somebody who grew up quite closely with their grandparents then their views would be totally different as to whether its sad or not for a child not having any grandparents in their lives.Anyway , I don't know why I'm even talking about grandparents :lol:

There's a good interview with Amy on Tv Weeks website to which gives an insight into what Rachel was going through, hopefully we'll get to see it on screen but I'm not too optimistic!

It is a good interview... shame it's hidden away like that! For anyone who is having trouble finding it >>> Click Here

I liked that she mentioned the weighted doll! I hate the scenes with the doll... you can tell straight way that it isnt real!

I'm still crossing my fingers that a video interview with Amy (or Jon) will appear on the OS at one point.... *ooops, is that a pig I see flying out there?*

Oh yes Karen , I think you would have more of a chance looking out your window and seeing a pig fly. Hell you might even see 10 :lol:

Does the OS even know they exist :blink:

It would nbe nice for the OS to do an interview with Amy and Jon talking about Rachels behaviour and why they think shes behaving the way she is.

Thank you for the interview :) I loved it. I love how defensive Amy is of Rachel :lol: She seems to really understand what is going on with Rachel and takes the time to research whatever it is that is happening to her.

I think she is really understated as an actress. Rachel's recent storyline was, for the most part, really well done, both in terms of writing and Amy's performance. It was really sad to watch someone who is normally such a strong and self assured individual become so fragile and critical of herself. Little things she's said here and there; Harry being better off without her, Tony hating her, thinking she's a terrible mother, accusing Tony of asking for Leah's help because she is a better parent that she is - all emphasis the extent of Rachel's fragile emotional state and the seriousness of PND. Amy's acting just made it all the more better. She's always so convincing. I think the scene when Tony was telling her none of it was her fault and that she can't help how she feels was my favourite. When she just looked at him and said 'I know,' and her voice broke :(

I'm happy though that she finally admitted she needed help and just broke down in front of Tony. Rachel's lucky she has such an amazing supportive husband to help her through this. He's been pretty perfect through it all. I wouldn't have blamed him if he'd been furious with her for what happened and accused her - but all he did was blame himself and try to show her how worried he was about her. Rachel needs as much support as she can get right now and she's fortunate she has people around her who will offer that.

I hope that they show Rachel's recovery. I think it's important we get a real insight into what she's feeling. They've done well to highlight the issue so far, i just hope now it's out in the open they don't just forget about it and have Rachel being all fine in a few weeks.

Thank you for the link Karen, makes it easier to read, I was quite shocked when I saw they'd interviewed Amy! Mind you they're getting more coverage than they did last year! I agree with you Kirsty! She is underrated and I think she's one of the best if not the best actress on the show.

Maybe it's because they don't get alot of requests for an interview with Jon and Amy and maybe because they are as popular as JM, Adelle, Hayley & Noah or Kirsty and Kane.

Actually I emailed them not too long ago about doing a video interview with Jon and Amy and they said they'd received quite a number of requests asking for a Tachel interview and while they werent planning to do one yet they were going to put them on the list and bear them in mind for the next one. I agree that they're probably not as popular as the couples you mentioned but that's fine by me, I usually end up hating the "super couples" because they get too overused.

I usually end up hating the "super couples" because they get too overused.

I think that the reason "super couples" as you call them are overused in a sense is because the fans love watching them.

Actually I emailed them not too long ago about doing a video interview with Jon and Amy and they said they'd received quite a number of requests asking for a Tachel interview and while they werent planning to do one yet they were going to put them on the list and bear them in mind for the next one.

I think that's a typical reponse if you request something. But I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I'm pleased we've seen so much of Rachel (and Tony) this year. The past months have seen Rachel at the front of a lot of different and big storylines and Amy has done each one brilliantly. It's just sad that when Rachel's finally at a stage in her life when she should be blissfully happy, she is suffering so much from an illness she had no control over. In many ways Rachel has everything, the lovely husband, the baby, a great career, good friends - and that's so much to grip onto. We're all force fed this idealistic image of what we should be and i think the pressure (especially for women) is just immense. I hope that in the coming weeks we see her recovery and see her enjoying her son as much as she desperately wants too.

I don't think it's been mentioned in this thread, but i was very impressed by her labour scenes. I think it was some of the most realistic acting i've ever seen from someone pretending to be in labour. So kudos to Amy again! :wink: I also think it's great they've had her dressed in comfy clothes and pretty much make-up less since Harry was born. All too often soap mums are back to looking their best from the day they get home and make motherhood look like a walk in the park. :rolleyes:

From the interview (and from others she's done) it seems she and Jon get along really well. That must make working with him a lot more fun. They have great chemistry and bounce well off each other. Their affection never seems forced and that's often hard to achieve.

Did anyone see the video about Amy going to see some girl in hospital? It was pretty recent and really nice. It's great she does stuff like that, and i actually like it when they don't get that much publicity. Makes it seem a lot more genuine. :)

Did anyone see the video about Amy going to see some girl in hospital? It was pretty recent and really nice. It's great she does stuff like that, and i actually like it when they don't get that much publicity. Makes it seem a lot more genuine. :)

I haven't seen that... have you got a link? :)

• 3 weeks later...

I know this may be a minor issue here, but Rachel is a doctor and she told Leah about the Kirsty's miscarriage. Only just after the news had been broken to Kirsty and Miles. I think it's a breach of confidentiality despite Leah and Rachel being friends. I know its just a soap and the writers can't include every single detail, but I feel Miles should have been the word to spread the news, especially to his good friend Leah.