Rachel Armstrong - Amy Mathews

Foxy

I know this may be a minor issue here, but Rachel is a doctor and she told Leah about the Kirsty's miscarriage. Only just after the news had been broken to Kirsty and Miles. I think it's a breach of confidentiality despite Leah and Rachel being friends. I know its just a soap and the writers can't include every single detail, but I feel Miles should have been the word to spread the news, especially to his good friend Leah.

I think you pretty much said it there (the bit in bold). As viewers we have to overlook some of these things as if we nit picked every little thing that we felt wasn't realistic we would be here until 2050! :P We have no way of knowing if Miles and Kirsty said it was OK to tell Leah... sometimes we have to assume a lot of things as conversations happen off camera.

Getting back to Rachel in general..... I am so pleased to see her feeling better and turning things around.... she's back to being her normal self. I think it would gave been good to see her actually at Karitane so we could see a bit more of the transition, but like I said above, we can't see everything that happens to a character.

I really hope Rachel moves forward from here and Tachel move forward as a couple as they have had a shocker of a year! :P

In reality Rachel probably wouldn't even be able to treat Kirsty being her friend and she wasn't even on shift. Sometimes things have to be manipulated for the sake of a storyline and Rachel HAD to be the character to tell Leah about them losing the baby so that Leah didn't walk into their room and so we could see her struggling with the guilt that she thought she was to blame...it wouldn't have worked if Miles had told her. Let's be honest, NONE of the characters with professions EVER act within their professional boundaries because they are main character before they are the token "doctor" or "police officer" and how sick would we get if we kept hearing them say "I'm sorry I can't say" Broken patient confidentiality aside I did think it was a lovely scene, seeing Rachel a new Mum struggling to be professional yet be clearly upset about the loss of Kirsty's baby. It added a new dimension and I think you can only comprehend the pain over losing a child when you have one yourself.

I am soooo glad to see Rachel back to normal, laughing, joking, and seeing her really happy with her family and in her relationship with Tony. Apart from a few moments here and there we haven't actually seen her enjoying her family yet and so I'm hoping we will for the next couple of weeks at least (before the next drama hits, whatever it is.) Tachel have had an amazingly rocky year and I'm so pleased they've come through it stronger (I think) than before. When you think what little storylines they had last year and just how much they've been through this year it's amazing!

I agree with you Karen though that I'd have liked to see her working through her post natal depression but I guess we can't have everything! I'm very grateful for the storylines we have had this year and it's not over yet :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I seem to be attracting personal comments again. Rachel was barely onscreen for two seconds tonight. I thought I made it pretty obvious that I wasn't reacting to anything she had done today, or any other time in recent memory. I thought I made it pretty obvious that I was just having a nonsensical rant that wasn't even aimed at anything in particular. I was just rehashing the past because the present is so boring that I have to cling to any spark of interest I can find. So I thought to myself, "What used to interest me?" and the answer came, "Bashing Rachel!" So I pounced on a tiny, ridiculous and totally imaginary opportunity to do that. I was only amusing myself, because - against my real-life instinct of "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all," I find that it's more productive to post ANYTHING on a message board just to get the ball rolling - as long as it's not abusive, or outright spam. That's not to say that I wanted to cause an argument, even though I was pretty sure it would. I was hoping it wouldn't. I was hoping that people were over making it personal, because I hadn't said anything about Rachel in such a long time. That's probably because she hasn't done anything in such a long time - nobody has. It's hard to find genuine reasons to love or hate characters based on their current activities. If they can even be called characters anymore - none of them seem to have any traits left. A "character" like Rachel seems to have nothing better to do than hold a plastic baby and make reassuring faces to Tony and Martha. I can only revert to commenting on what they've done in the past - something, anything! - and pretend that it has any kind of relevance.

Eh. I tried to keep the discussion afloat but if it's going to go badly, I guess I'll have to remember to just let the threads drown much like the show itself.

Not saying that I personally carry discussion (most of it happens when I'm asleep!) but if this is the reaction a tiny bit of random venting gets... sheesh. What's the point?

I've only seen one to.What does acerbic mean?Yes i am feeling slow tonight lol.

I gotta say for a Rachel hater i've not had a huge problem with her for a while.I'd have to agree with Jem though,they've all become clones of each other so i'm not sure it says much that she doesn't annoy me.

I've only seen one to.What does acerbic mean?Yes i am feeling slow tonight lol.

I gotta say for a Rachel hater i've not had a huge problem with her for a while.I'd have to agree with Jem though,they've all become clones of each other so i'm not sure it says much that she doesn't annoy me.

Acerbic means sort of sharp-tongued...