Rachel Armstrong - Amy Mathews

Foxy

I just watched episode 4172 and can't believe how young Rachel looks. I know it was 3 years ago but she looks similar ages with Kim :lol: Can't believe how much her hair has grown though, hehe. I actually prefer it now, the colour suits her better and everything.

Right to the real issues :lol:

I'd never seen an episode with her dad before :o He looks exactly like your sterotypical stuffy, upper class doctor, haha. But i thought their relationship was interesting...it seems she pretty much went to medical school to please him and make him proud but it obviously didn't work.

He was a bit of a jerk really. And all of this was before they found out about Tam :o

I loved the scenes with her mother. You could see the pain in her eyes everytime her mother started asking the same questions again. And she showed her guilt at not visiting her very often perfectly. One of my favourite Rachel episodes is where her mother dies and she desperately tries to resussitate her. Amy was pretty amazing.

I really wish they'd explore this more with her. Rachel has such an interesting family history and there's so much potential for storylines with that. Her relationship with her father in particular. I think that's a reason why she sometimes seems insecure about men, she certainly was with Kim (although with good reason <_< ) Maybe she wants the perfect little family so badly becasue she feels she didnt have that as a child.

Although with Tony she seems so much happier and grounded. She's definately a lot more relaxed with him. I guess he gives her the secutiry she never had with Kim.

Poor Rachel it's actually quite tragic when you think about it.

Edited by KirstyEkua

Yeah all she's done for the past few months is worry about Tony. But i guess that's understandable giving everything that's happened.

She's had two ultrasounds but apart from that they've pretty much ignored her pregnancy which i find pretty austounding. Hopefully in the next few months we'll get something. I'm tired of seeing her worried and stressed all the time about her husband and everyone else.

^^ Completely agree!! That baby's going to be born with grey hair at this rate.

:lol: It will be nice to see Rachel do something other than worrying about other people. I'd like a bit more focus on the baby, even just little mentions about hospital appointments or ohh the baby's kicking really hard haha. There's still plenty of time for that though :)

I don't think she whines or moans any more than any of the other female characters on the show, I personally think she's one the least self-centered characters the amount of time she gives up for other people and the way she's putting all of Tony's needs before hers.

I don't think she whines or moans any more than any of the other female characters on the show, I personally think she's one the least self-centered characters the amount of time she gives up for other people and the way she's putting all of Tony's needs before hers.

I didn't post the last comment to attack anyone or start a fight. I was just saying that when I watch some scenes with Rachel in it it appears to me that she is "worrying" and that worrying can be mistaken as whining. and who's to say that Rachel doesn't "worry", "moan", "complain" the same amount as the other characters on home and away. It's just more noticable to me when Rachel worries about some issue, which I find annoying.

I know Rachel has studied psychology and is a doctor but I've started to notice that she acts like she knows everything all the time, when she's out of the hospital walls.

Edited by john003au
Clarification

No one was arguing with you and it didn't start a fight.

Although she studied psychiatry which is different to physiology :)

I kinda like the friendship with Belle that is cropping up every now and then. It's quite sweet and i hope they develop it more. It says a lot she put Belle before her at her own wedding. She obviously cares about her more than a just a professional relationship.

I do wonder if they'll ever mention Brad again. It would be nice seeing as they were pretty close. And i know i keep harping on but i want to hear about her dad. There's so many unresolved issues there.

I'm assuming Lily meant psychology as distinct from psychiatry. I hope so because physiology is something entirely different

Rachel was initially employed at the hospital as a Psychiatric Resident according to the cast list on the Main Site.

A psychologist is a social scientist who studies behavior and mental processes, generally in a research or clinical setting.

Psychiatry is in fact a branch of Medicine.

Psychiatrist: A physician (an M.D.) who specializes in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of mental illness. Psychiatrists must receive additional training and serve a supervised residency in their specialty. They may also have additional training in a psychiatric specialty, such as child psychiatry or neuropsychiatry. They can prescribe medication, which psychologists cannot do.