Ruby Buckton - Rebecca Breeds

Eli

Thought I'd get a Ruby thread started :)

So, what's your thoughts on Ruby? I think both the Buckton sisters are great, and I think Ruby was a nice addition to the group of teens. She definitely has a lot of spunk, and I really like her storyline with Matthew.

Edited by QUIET ACHIEVER

I really like Ruby (absolutely true she is very mature for her age) and I think Rebecca Breeds is a beautiful and talented actress. I loved her portrayal of Ruby while she was going through the pain of having her dad go through Alzheimer.

Hopefully she'll get more juicy storylines going forward.

• 4 weeks later...

I've slowly warmed to Ruby. She's was a typical teenager when she first came onto our screens - nice one minute then devious the next. Since then she's had many strong storylines and has blended well into the community. She's made friends quickly with Jai and Annie plus most recently with Melody.

I'm glad that she's moved in with Leah but I'd like to see more scenes involving the older members of the Bay - like Irene, Rachel, Angelo, Martha and Tony. She's a very likeable character and a breath of fresh air.

I hope that she'll be featured in many storylines to come - in many different roles and emotions to go with it. :D

I love the addition of the Buckton sisters to Home and Away. Ruby is such a refreshingly level headed teenager and I like the dynamic between her and Charlie. I agree with the above poster who said that she's probably had to mature quickly after the death of her mother and due to being in boarding school she's always had to look after herself and be independent. I think that being in boarding school has probably allowed her to find out and identify who she is as a person.

I can't wait to see what the writers throw at both her and Charlie next year. Here's hoping for some good emotional scenes. I'd love to see her relationship with Charlie develop more as well and maybe get some background as to why Ruby seems to take on the role of older sister and feel the need to look out for her/protect her when it should be the other way around.

I like Ruby. She has been a great addition to the cast this year. She is mature for her age and I think she should be friends with older characters like Nicole, Geoff, Belle rather than with Annie and Jai. I love her relationship with Charlie aswell, most sisters argue but they get on quite well. I hope she gets some good storylines in 2009.

I like Ruby. Shes different to the others girls. I loved when she came she wasn't either a) rebellious and extreme(Nicole) or b) extremely innocent(Annie) but kinda both. Usually when a new teen comes on they are one of those two. She was very kind, caring, and sweet but very spunky at the same time. She also has a much more mature outlook on stuff and then most of the adults do. I like her relationship with Charlie. And her friendship with Annie and Jai is sweet.

I'm not liking the way they've been writing her recently though. Considering the kind of person we saw since shes been in the Bay I don't really buy the way she been acting with Xavier.