Back to the Future

Guest solaris

Thankyou again for the comments, another update is here.

Warning - References to and discription of physical abuse, some SC. implied sexual abuse

Chapter 14

The incessant beeping of the alarm clock roused Belle from a deep sleep, she muttered and cursed before crawling out of bed. Silencing the offending item, she hurried for a shower before anyone else got up. By the time she'd finished dressing, Geoff was sat at the table. He'd nipped into the shower as soon as she'd vacated the bathroom and, clearly, he took much less time than she did.

“Morning.”

He looked up as she spoke to him, his expression told her he was thinking about something.

“Morning Belle! Hey, you mind if I ask you something?”

“Shoot!”

He looked up at Belle through his fringe, he wasn't sure how to ask this so blunt was probably best.

“Was Aden implying yesterday that I'd somehow managed to rattle Nic?

Belle's smile gave him the answer he'd expected, but whether that was a good thing, a bad thing or just inexplicable was another matter entirely.

“I didn't do anything! She found me, she touched me, she kissed me. The only thing I've done is try and act normally around her at school, as much for my own sanity as anything else! She confuses me!”

He rubbed his hands across his face, how was meant to continue the act from yesterday?

“Have you considered that maybe it was your apparent calm that really shook her? Nicole is almost certainly used to getting a reaction, you haven't given her one and she doesn't know how to deal?”

Geoff considered that, it would make some sense.

“Anyway, carry on doing what your doing. I've got to go to work, c'ya.”

Geoff was still pondering Belle's comments when he arrived at school, was he the reason that Nic was acting all weird? He headed off to class, he had English first up and late would not be good.

“Ok, homework time.”

A muted groan reverberated around the classroom.

“Yes, yes! I know how much you all adore English assignments, just settle down. Your assignment is as follows, you'll write a short play based around the issues raised in the book we're reading. I don't expect you cover all of them but choose carefully, your play should be scripted to last around 10 minutes. One more thing before you all rush off, you will be working in pairs for this assignment – check the list before you leave to see who you're working with. Class dismissed...quietly please!”

Miles Copeland sat back and listened to the moans, groans and squeaks that accompanied his students identifying their partners. He was anticipating some interesting plays being handed in, not least because he'd deliberately paired up students with diverging views. The door snicked shut behind the last pupil, silence once again reigned!

“Hey Nic, looks like we're working together.”

Nicole turned to see Geoff walking next to her

“Yeah, how wonderful!

Geoff laughed, he had a feeling that this could get interesting.

“I can't believe that Mr Copeland would pair us up, I mean we're...like...so different.”

“Looking at the list, I think that was the general intention. Pair up the polar opposites and see what happens.

Nicole looked at him again, he was just being regular Geoff...again! Maybe a bit more chilled out than usual but still nothing to suggest that 'the kiss' was bugging him.

“Right! Issue number one...teen pregnancy, Geoff's response...don't have sex before marriage! We're never gonna agree.”

Geoff just smiled and shrugged.

“We don't have to agree, we can just write the play as people with opposing views. That way we stay true to ourselves! Anyway I've got to go, we'll have to arrange to meet up to talk about it later.”

With that he was gone, once again leaving Nicole stood watching him. She must seriously be losing her touch if even bible boy wasn't responding to her.

Belle had spent the morning doing what she loved best, taking pictures. She' had a few pointers from an experienced photographer, the improvement in her work had been dramatic – in just a few hours! Now she had the afternoon to go and put what she'd learned into practice, taking landscape shots around the bay. She set up in a secluded area that boasted gorgeous vistas, but now she was alone her mind was only half on what she was doing. She kept thinking back to the previous evening, to the fact that Larry had left that scar on his own son's body. She knew of course that there were people who did that kind of thing, but she'd never have suspected that Larry was one of them. It was one more horrific chapter in the life of Aden, how he had endured it she didn't know. Losing herself in the pleasure of scenes around her, she was unaware of being watched. A sound caught her attention and made her turn, but there was apparently nothing there.

“It must have been an animal.”

But she couldn't quite shake the feeling that it hadn't been...

Belle sided her kit as her mind drifted back to Aden and what he'd told her, the thought of using a belt... Belle turned quickly and threw up, unable to prevent the physical reaction to the images in her head. Every time she closed her eyes for a second, she could see the buckle landing...hear the sound of impact against skin...almost smell the blood. Alcohol was no excuse for any of it!

When she walked into the gym later that afternoon, she was so absorbed in her own thoughts that she didn't see Aden. Roman had been putting through his paces again, the only good thing being that he didn't feel as wiped as the last time.

“You're doing good, all the time on the beach and walking you've done in the last couple of days has been good for you.”

“I'm still woefully unfit though!”

He shot Roman a cheeky look and added.

“I want the abs back that hooked Belle's attention.”

Roman laughed and shook his head at the same time, that comment was vintage Aden!

“Not much I can say to that!”

Roman thought for a moment, his daughter was still being non-communicative so maybe a bit of digging was in order.

“How's school?”

“It's...school! I'm just keeping my head down and getting on with it.”

Aden looked up at Roman, recognising the quizzical look in his eye.

“It's not me you're asking about is it? It's Nicole.”

“I really do suck at subtle don't I? Yes, I'm a bit concerned.”

How much should he tell him, Aden mused. No doubt Nicole deserved all the embarrassment that came er way, but still...

“Is it anything to do with Geoff?”

Aden's head came up.

“Ah, so you know about that!”

Roman nodded.

“She told me that she's kissed him, nothing else.”

Aden's laugh was bordering on evil, he wished he could have been a fly on the wall to see both Nicole's and Roman reaction to that little bombshell. He had the distinct feeling that it could have been very funny.

“That I know of there's nothing much else to tell, except that Geoff is treating it as one of those things and Nicole isn't handling that too well!”

A look of understanding crossed Roman's face, his daughter was certainly used to being noticed and if that wasn't happening then...well, it explained a lot.

Tired after his workout, Aden went to bed early. He was curious as to what had been on Belle's mind earlier, it hadn't appeared to be good. A quick text message got him a response, 'just got stuff on my mind, no big deal'. He wasn't entirely convinced, but there was not much he could do. He drifted off to sleep thinking of Belle, so it was natural that she'd follow him into his dreams. Smiling, he ran the tips of his fingers across her cheek and along her jaw. He gently drew her towards him, anticipating the moment when their lips would touch. Her scent was filling his senses, the brush of her fingertips against his chest causing his pulse to race. As their lips touched, the dream changed – Aden woke with a blood curdling scream.

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!”

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NOOO! WHAT HAPPENED?!

Dammit! You got me so hooked and then it ended! You must update! What was the dream about?! Who was watching Belle?!

Oh and that line about his abs? Yeah, that was vintage Aden!

Update ASAP... like right now if you can!

xoxo

I've been trying to perfect the art of the cliff-hanger...taking lessons by reading Eli's fic :D

Anyway, you know what the dream was about...just not what it changed to :P

WOW! I LOVED that ending!!!!!!!!!!! I wonder if anyone heard him?? I was just thinking about the story as a whole and realised how well you got Belle and Aden talking again from the start, it was done so smoothly that i barely noticed it, it totally worked! Please update soon, you can't leave us like that for long!!! :D

Well you perfected it to the T! It's just so.... annoying! You're so good at it that I wish you were crap at it so that we could know WHAT HAPPENED?! *takes a deep breath*

Yeah, he was dreaming of Belle, so the dream turned into a nightmare of her but WHAT HAPPENED?!

Archived