Back to the Future

Guest solaris

*More evil laughter*

I'm imune to puppy dog eyes!

Shouldn't be too long, depending on how much free time I have to write.

how about cookies?

*hands over cookies?*

i think it's about update time? and explenation time?

yeahhh

:D

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*More evil laughter*

I'm imune to puppy dog eyes!

Shouldn't be too long, depending on how much free time I have to write.

how about cookies?

*hands over cookies?*

i think it's about update time? and explenation time?

yeahhh

:D

If those cookies are choc chip, they'll get you an update (containing at least some answers) this evening UK time. :D

Thanks for the cookie :D

This chapter should begin to clear a couple of things up...just don't expect too many answers too quickly - that's not my style!

Sit back, relax and enjoy!

Warning - Some stronger language in here.

Chapter 11

Every last vestige of colour drained from Belle's face, why would Aden's cousin target them? She'd only met him once and that had been last year. She could feel herself moving further and further away from the room she was in, her breathing was too fast – so was her pulse. Her chair was moved back and there was pressure on the back of her head, a voice...smooth and controlled...telling her to breath. Gradually her vision cleared and she sat up, Aden was knelt in front of her his concern plain.

“Are you ok? I thought you were going to feint there for a minute.”

Belle smiled weakly.

“I thought I was going to feint for a minute! I...I'm sorry, that was quite a shock.”

She pulled her chair back in to the table and Aden sat down again, Belle needed him now. Forcing his thoughts into some kind of order, he took the lead.

“Why? Why would he target Belle? For that matter, what was his beef with me?”

Senior Constable Donovan shook his head, his palms turned up to the ceiling.

“We don't know! You had an idea about why Justin might target you, could Simon have the same reason?”

Aden shook his head.

“Not that I know of! Me and Justin, we both went though some ****. Both went off the rails in our own way I guess, but Simon? As far as I know Simon had no idea what was happening in our house.”

“Belle, what do you know of Aden's cousin? Have you met him? How well do you know him?”

Belle made herself sit up straight, she still couldn't get her head around the fact she had actually been a target.

“I don't know him, I've only met him once and that was summer last year when he was on holiday here.”

“You didn't spend any time with him? Try to get to know him?”

Belle looked up in confusion, it took a while for her to realise what he was getting at. She shook her head, a touch of amusement playing across her face.

“That was long before I started going out with Aden, it was back when Aden was a complete jerk – one that I wanted nothing to do with.”

A quiet 'ouch' came from Aden, there was no doubt that she'd here more about that opinion later in the day. Senior Constable Donovan nodded, there wasn't much more he could ask them.

“To be totally honest, my first opinion of Simon was worse than my opinion of Aden at the time. I didn't like him, so I avoided him.”

“Ok then, that's all I need for now. We are still trying to track him down, so if you see or hear from him let us know.”

They agreed and left the station, Belle handed her car keys to Aden who looked at her confused.

“I'm still shaking, I can't drive.”

The urge to tease her was immediate, but it was so rare for Belle to be this shaken that he didn't give in to it. They drove to Roman's house in silence, both thinking about how this changed things.

“Come on, sit down before you fall down.”

Belle was too shaken to argue with him, she let the bossy tone go without comment and sat down.

“Hey Belle!”

The sing-song tone identified Nicole immediately as she pranced through the living room, she so didn't need this right now. Having got no response, Nicole continued into the kitchen and found Aden making drinks.

“What's up with Belle? She suddenly seems to be non-responsive!”

Aden looked round, rolling his eyes at the blond leaning suggestively against the counter.

“She's had a tough morning, we both have.”

“I guess the meeting this morning didn't go too well then?”

Roman was in the doorway and while his posture may have appeared casual, Aden wasn't fooled. This was a man used to meeting problems head on and dealing with them in much the same way.

“I guess that would depend on your point of view. Justin didn't rig the building.”

“Nic, I need to talk to Aden and Belle.”

She nodded.

“I'll go upstairs then.”

“If you promise me that you'll be back here in exactly one hour, you can go out for a walk.”

A smile lit Nicole's face and she bounced in what she knew was a very uncool way, promising him that she wouldn't be late back. After a few minutes of chaos, while shoes and a bag were found, the door slammed shut. The silence was deafening!

“Talk to me.”

It was an order not a request, one which Aden wasted no time in following. There were times when another point of view was needed. Roman listened in silence, but he was unable to hide his surprise that Belle had also been a target.

“I thought the cops were convinced that Belle was just in the wrong place at the wrong time?”

“They were, but there's new evidence. They now think that the whole scene was stage-managed, set up so that I would go to the old house and Belle would follow me there for some reason. I just wish I knew why he'd do this? It doesn't make any sense at all!”

Roman sat back, there wasn't much that he or anyone could say to make matters any better. He asked questions, eliciting details so that he could put together a picture of events in his mind. He also asked to see a picture of Simon, so that he'd recognise him if he saw him. It was almost time for him to go to work, the morning had somehow flown by and Nic's time was almost up. Before he left to get changed, he tuned back to Aden.

“Maybe now you'll stop blaming yourself for Belle getting hurt! Let it go, it wasn't your fault!”

With that parting shot, Roman jogged upstairs leaving Belle and Aden alone.

“Want to explain that comment to me please?”

Aden winced at the politely enquiring tone, it almost always meant he was in trouble.

“Not really but it looks like I'm gonna have to.”

“Hmm yes, I think you are!”

Belle had tuned to face him, her arms folded and her focus solely on him. He could feel the heat creeping up his neck under her relentless gaze.

“I thought it was my fault that you were in the old house that night, I thought that you were there because of me.”

His voice was soft and a little hesitant.

“Why didn't you ever try to find out why I was there? You could have asked me before we broke up.”

He looked at her, knowing that what she said was the truth.

“I...I was too scared, I thought I knew what you'd say and I didn't want to hear it from you. Anyway, we broke up and I thought that the explosion was the reason.”

Belle was ready to throttle him...again. Well it was better than passing out she supposed, but how did men actually survive on the planet when they were so dumb?

“I did, in part, end things because of the explosion. However it wasn't the only reason! You had serious problems you needed to sort out, we both know that. What with your dad's injuries and the accident he caused - not to mention his fall off the wagon – you had major issues before Simon tried to turn us into barbecue. After the explosion, we were both so badly injured and...I couldn't even cope with my own problems. There was no way I could have coped with yours as well.”

“So, you didn't blame me? You weren't mad at me? I mean, the argument and everything?”

Belle started to laugh, it actually felt good.

“You idiot! How many times have we argued? I was going home, leaving you to come to your senses like always. I would never have followed you just because we'd had another disagreement.”

Aden was totally confused, if she hadn't followed him way had she been there? Belle answered the question before he'd had chance to voice it.

“I got a call from your dad, he'd been trying to get hold of you and hadn't been able to. I collected my car and drove out to the new house to meet him, he was worried about Justin so I drove him to the old house. That's why I was there, you should have asked me!”

Aden closed his eyes with relief, he wasn't the reason why Belle had been there, it wasn't his fault that she'd been hurt.

“My dad? You came with my dad? The police never told me that. I've been blaming myself...”

“...For a lot of thing that were beyond your control!”

Belle interrupted him.

“Sometime I don't know how men cope in the world, I really don't! You all need cowbells and keepers!”

Roman's laughter came from the bottom of the stairs, he'd heard her last comment and thought it highly amusing – he'd have to remember it. Just then the door opened and Nicole came in, he checked his watch – she was on time.

“Enjoyed your walk?”

She smiled shyly and nodded, a hint of a blush creeping up her face.

“I should get changed.”

She slipped passed her dad and ran upstairs, Roman's gaze following her. What had his daughter been up to?

Ohhh... but why was Aden at the old house?! I mean, why did they lead him there? And was Larry in on it too then?!

Cute Adelleness... love Belle's comments abuot guys. Soooooo true!

Wonder what Nicole's been up to...

Update soon! You're like an episode of Lost... some questions answered, more asked!!!

xoxo

“Sometime I don't know how men cope in the world, I really don't! You all need cowbells and keepers!”

Roman's laughter came from the bottom of the stairs, he'd heard her last comment and thought it highly amusing – he'd have to remember it. Just then the door opened and Nicole came in, he checked his watch – she was on time.

:lol: i think i'll use that one too!

Whats Nic been up to?? hmmm

*More cookies?**

update soon :D

Archived