Back to the Future

Guest solaris

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aden *huggy*...

At least now Belle knows. I can't believe that he thought that she would push her away because of that!

Update soon. I wanna know more about the explosion! Oh, and if Adelle get back together [they don't really seem broken up though lol! That's a good thing btw!]

xoxo

Aw, okay, that was like the most beautifully written chapter on the whole of bttb, you seriously had me crying with the way you described the bits without dialogue! And the dialogue was great too! Fantastic!!! Amazing!!! Awesome!!! Brilliant!!! Excellent!!! I could seriously go on all day with these but i'm sure you'd rather update the next chapter instead of reading all the wonderful adjectives to describe your story! And there's another one, 'wonderful!'

Scar on his back?? You just keep with the mystery and intrigue!

...and as for what happens next, you have to update, like NOW!!!! :D

Aw, okay, that was like the most beautifully written chapter on the whole of bttb, you seriously had me crying with the way you described the bits without dialogue! And the dialogue was great too! Fantastic!!! Amazing!!! Awesome!!! Brilliant!!! Excellent!!! I could seriously go on all day with these but i'm sure you'd rather update the next chapter instead of reading all the wonderful adjectives to describe your story! And there's another one, 'wonderful!'

...and as for what happens next, you have to update, like NOW!!!! :D

As it happens, you're in luck. I'm just about to update.

I'm glad you liked the chapter.

...and as for what happens next, you have to update, like NOW!!!!:D

As it happens, you're in luck. I'm just about to update.

I'm glad you liked the chapter.

YAY :D :D

I hope you still have your seatbelts fastened, we're not out of the storm yet!

Warning - a little bit of slightly stronger language in this chapter.

Enjoy

Chapter 10

As Dawn broke, Belle groaned and moved. Opening her eyes, she found herself looking at Aden and her heart melted. He looked so peaceful, even with the tell-tail evidence of last night's tears still marring his face. She carefully untangled herself from Aden and the bed covers, sliding off the bed quietly so as not to wake him and going to stand outside. The memories of yesterday ricocheted around her mind, the full impact of Aden's story only now becoming clear. How much of his previous behaviour could be explained by the need to protect himself? It was now clear that a lot of things could be thus explained. He pushed people away, baiting them until they snapped, so that he didn't have to risk himself emotionally. Another important question was why had he told her? They had broken up weeks ago and until that episode in the diner, they hadn't spoken since. It wasn't as if they'd even talked about getting back together, there were still things that needed sorting out before that could even be considered.

Shaking her head, Belle went back inside. Having had a glass of juice, she made Aden a hot drink and grabbed some painkillers from the bathroom – she had a feeling that he would need them. Re-entering her room, she put the cup down on the bedside table and closed the door. Aden had obviously rolled over into the space she had vacated and was now sprawled across most of the bed, she sat on the edge of the bed and just watched him sleep for a few minutes. Part of her wanted to let him sleep, but she knew she had to wake him. Putting her hand on his shoulder she gently shook him, calling his name softly. His eyes snapped open and rolled onto his back, eyes wide with fear and his hands already lifting as if to defend himself.

“Shhhh, it's ok Aden. You're safe, you're at the beach house.”

The wild eyed look receded as awareness came back into his eyes, he rubbed his hands over his face. His voice was croaky when he eventually spoke.

“Ugh! I feel like hell!”

He snagged the spare pillow and covered his face, his memories of last night rushing back to him. Belle took the pillow and put it back next to him, refusing to let him hide.

“Well to tell the truth you don't look much better than you feel then!”

He rolled is eyes to the side to look at her.

“Love you too babe.”

She took pity on him.

“I've brought you a hot drink, it should help the throat. There's also some painkillers if you need them, I thought you might have a headache.”

Aden struggled into a sitting position, his head felt as if someone were drilling holes in his skull. Belle handed him the cup as he reached for the medication, he took the pills and washed them down with the tea she'd made. Leaning his head back against the wall he closed his eyes, trying to relax but it was useless. He opened his eyes again and looked at Belle, searching for signs of disgust or revulsion in her face but found nothing except concern.

“You should have told me sooner, Aden. I wouldn't have run. Please tell me that someone else knows, that you haven't had to deal with this alone for ten years.”

Aden dropped his gaze, looking at his hands instead of Belle's face.

“Rachel knows some of it, Roman more of it. I'd never been able to talk about it you know? After the big fight with dad and me ending up in hospital after part of the old diner collapsed, it all came back...all the stuff I'd tried to forget and thought I had I didn't have a choice any more, I had to talk but I couldn't tell them everything.”

Belle nodded, trying to understand. She ran her hand through his hair and hugged him.

“You'll get through this Aden you're not alone any more, there are people who care about you.”

He returned her hug and relaxed into it, needing the re-assurance she offered.

“So, this is probably a bad time to talk about it, but what's happening with us? I mean, I know there's still a lot we need to talk about...sort out and stuff but are we at least friends?”

Belle knew he was being serious, even with the puppy dog eyes that had accompanied his query about them being friends. Working through this alone wasn't an option, she'd already proven that to herself.

“Friends, well...most of the time anyway.”

Aden laughed, it was the response she had been hoping for.

“You're right, we have a lot still to work through before we can even think of anything more. I think we have a better chance of sorting both our heads out if we deal with it together, but you have to respect the boundaries Aden. I mean it!”

“Well...if you think that you can spend time with me and still keep your hands to yourself...I'm joking, I'm joking.”

He covered his head with his arm as another pillow attack came his way.

“I'm sorry.”

Belle stopped the attack.

“No you're not, but I'll let it go...for now.”

“Thank you! I should go, before too many people are up and about.”

Belle looked him over, resisting the temptation to tease him further.

“C'mon, I'll drive you.”

Geoff was coming downstairs just as they were leaving, he noticed the signs of tears and said nothing more than hello. Irene walked into the kitchen just as Belle's car pulled away.

“Was that Belle?”

Geoff nodded.

“And Aden.”

“Drat, I needed to talk to them before they left.”

“The state that Aden was in, she was probably taking him back to Roman's. He was a mess!”

With that, Geoff vanished back upstairs and re-emerged with his swim gear. He told Irene he was heading to the beach and left quickly, wanting some alone time to think about Nicole.

At Roman's place, Aden left Belle sat in the kitchen and disappeared for a shower and some clean clothes. Roman found her there when he walked in and joined her at the table.

“Aden upstairs?”

Belle nodded, not really wanting to get into a discussion about it with him.

“Is he alright?”

She shrugged.

“I guess so, he was feeling pretty rough this morning so I drove him back.”

Just then, Aden walked in.

“That's better, I feel human again.”

He saw Roman sat with Belle and answered the question in his eyes.

“We talked last night, it got pretty intense.”

Nodding slowly, Roman considered his next words carefully.

“Well...it doesn't look like it's gonna get any less intense any-time soon.”

Both belle and Aden turned to look at him with questioning eyes.

“ Senior Constable Donovan was looking for both of you yesterday, he said it was about the explosion – he didn't say any more than that.”

Belle stood up, if they were going to have to deal with this it was better to do it straight away.

“We had better go to the police station then, find out what he wants. I'll call Irene, let her know where we're going.”

She stepped into the living room to make the call and Aden turned troubled eyes to Roman.

“I can't believe this, I finally manage to tell Belle about...him and now this. I can't face it all at once, I just can't!”

He was fighting tears again, Roman stood and put his hand on the younger man's shoulder – a gesture of solidarity. Nothing was said, but Aden pulled himself together as he waited for Belle to finish her call. She walked over to him.

“Ready to go?”

One shoulder lifted and fell, a slightly insolent movement that caused Belle to roll her eyes.

“As I'll ever be.”

They left the house and Belle drove them straight to the police station, Senior Constable Donovan was behind the desk when they arrived – he'd just come on shift.

“Belle, Aden!”

He made their names a statement, wishing that the next few minutes didn't have to happen. Irene had told him that they had obviously had a difficult evening and now today wasn't likely to be any better.

“Come on through here, I think a little privacy is in order. Can I get you kids anything?”

Aden looked up at him as he sat down in the interview room they'd been shown to.

“The truth? Look Sir, I just want to know why you were so desperate to see us.”

Belle nodded her agreement.

“Very well then.”

He sat down opposite them.

“We know who set the explosion and it wasn't Justin like we all thought.”

He paused, not liking what was to come next. An unspoken question was in Aden's expression.

“It was Simon! Your cousin tried to kill you Aden, He tried to kill both of you. Belle wasn't an unintended victim who got caught in the cross-fire. I'm sorry Belle, all the evidence points to you being as much a target as Aden was.”

Archived