Back to the Future

Guest solaris

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm back again with another update. I really enjoyed writing this one, after the pain of the last couple of chapters, this one was a welcome change of pace. I hope everyone else likes it.

Chapter 12

Geoff was on the beach, he was enjoying the sun and thinking about the events of the morning. After escaping the house he'd gone for a swim to clear his head, the whole Belle and Aden thing was confusing him. He couldn't understand why Belle would let Aden back into her life, but that was Belle and he'd long since given up trying to understand her. Anyway, they'd both looked so messed up this morning that he wasn't about to interfere! What was really wreaking his head though was Nicole! After his swim he'd gone home and got changed for church, but he'd been really distracted and concentrating had been tough. A second escape to the beach had been the logical course of action, so as soon as he'd seen Annie home safely he'd got changed – again – and left.

The sand had been deserted, unusual for a Sunday but he wasn't complaining. Alone time was what he'd been after and that was what he'd got, until Nicole - sorry Nic - had shown up again. Given a temporary reprieve from her grounding, she'd made a bee-line for the beach and guess who she'd found? Yup, him! She drove him nuts, sure he thought she was totally hot...but she was so not his type. Even if she had been his type, she was miles out of his league anyway. Not to mention that she was hot for Aden, even if that interest wasn't reciprocated. He thought about their meeting; having just been for a run he'd literally been dripping sweat and had just taken his shirt off to wipe his face, she'd caught him unawares.

“Hmmm, hey handsome, you look a little warm there.”

He'd pretty much jumped a mile when she'd spoken to him, but he'd managed to mutter a greeting. Her response had been flirty...along with most of what she'd said. How was he supposed to deal with her comments?

“Aww, c'mon! We know each other well enough for you to stop being so formal, you can call me Nic...like my friends do.”

The sound of voices jolted him out of his reverie, he wandered over to the sandy bank and sat down.

He had to face it, he just wasn't equipped to cope with her – or probably girls in general for that matter! She hadn't stuck around for long – hadn't wanted to be late getting home – but she'd been there long enough to thoroughly mess with his head. He'd quickly concluded that normal boundaries meant nothing to her. Running her hands across his chest...what was that about? As for her surprise attack kiss, he wasn't even going to go there!

Deciding that loitering around the beach wasn't helping, he headed for home. Maybe there'd be something on tv to distract him! He arrived just as Aden and Belle pulled up, Aden was driving which struck him as unusual so he waited.

“Belle, Aden! Are you guys ok? You seem a bit...I don't know...not your usual selves.

“Long story Geoff, very long! We need to fill Irene in on some details so you may as well sit in, life's just got a bit more...I guess interesting is one way of describing it!”

Geoff shook his head, what was it about girls and cryptic comments? It went hand in hand with their incomprehensible behaviour!

Once they'd brought Irene up to speed Belle excused herself to go for a shower, Aden rolled his eyes.

“When in doubt, bathe!”

The comment was not directed at anyone, but Geoff heard it and turned to look at him. Aden caught the look and the question it implied.

“Don't ever try to figure women out, you'll fail.”

Geoff was surprised by the comment, he'd never really got along with Aden – had always thought he was an over-confident thug.

“You don't understand them either?”

Aden laughed.

“Honestly, I don't think any guy does.”

He paused, there had been an awful lot of feeling behind the question.

“Why? You having girl trouble?”

Geoff muttered something that Aden couldn't hear, but his curiosity had been piqued. A thought suddenly entered his head,

“You wouldn't happen to know why Nicole was all blushing and shy when she got home, would you?”

Geoff turned scarlet and Aden howled with laughter, wiping his eyes on his t-shirt as they started to run.

“You do know something! What were you two doing? A covert make-out session on the beach perhaps?”

“Give it up, she's totally wrecking my head! I don't know what she's up to or why most of the time, you might be used to dealing with it but I certainly am not!”

Aden stopped laughing, if people in this town knew how much he hid behind the confident veneer! Geoff was clearly out of his depth without a clue how to cope. Aden was torn, should he try to help or should he leave Geoff to it? He chose the middle ground.

“Look, the best way to deal with Nicole to get straight to the point. If she goes too far, tell her!”

“I just wish I knew when she's being serious and when she's flirting just cos she can!”

Aden laughed again.

“Assume the latter at all times! If she wants you believe what she's doing or saying, make her work for it. She's made her bed, let her deal with the consequences!”

Geoff looked up, surprised at the advice. He'd expected Aden to take the clear opportunity to rag on him, not help him. He was about to thank him, when Aden spoke again.

“I would like to know one thing though.”

“what's that?”

Aden grinned.

“What on earth she – or you – did that made her blush!”

Geoff groaned.

“I am so out of here.”

He high-tailed it upstairs before Aden could comment further, he was dreading his next interactions with Aden – or Belle for that matter. It figured that Aden would tell Belle all about their conversation, why wouldn't he? Falling onto his bed, he covered his face with his hands. Why couldn't he be attracted to a nice girl who shared his principles?

Nicole wasn't having a much better afternoon than Geoff. Courtesy of still being grounded, she was at the diner helping her dad with the stock take but her mind was else-where. She couldn't believe what she'd done this afternoon. Sure she liked to flirt, but what has possessed her to take it so far with a guy like Geoff? She'd never gone for the good boy type, so why the heck had she kissed him? He probably thought she was either a tease or a slut now, why oh why couldn't she keep her behaviour somewhat mainstream?

“Hey Nic! You sill with me?”

“Uh, yeah, sure dad. I think I miscounted so I was starting over.”

Roman looked over at his daughter, she was wrestling with something but he didn't know what. It was not like her to be so quiet, he'd been expecting a never-ending stream of whining but he's barely heard a peep out of her.

“If you've got a problem you can talk to me Nic.”

She laughed, but it wasn't an entirely happy sound.

“Yeah, right. Thanks dad, but how can you understand girl things?”

“Depends on the 'girl thing' in question. In this instance, I suspect it's more of a girl – guy thing!”

He watch carefully to see her response, sure enough a blush crept up her neck. He was right, there was a guy involved.

“So, are you going to tell me who he is?”

Nicole glanced over at her dad, cursing her tendency to blush. Way to ruin the sophisticated image she liked to portray. There was no way she wanted to talk to her dad about this, he'd either go ballistic or rag on her. That thought brought another thing to mind, what if Geoff talked to Belle about what had happened on the beach? Belle and Aden were sorting out their relationship now, they were friendly again if nothing else so it was likely that they'd talk. Nicole didn't honestly think it would be long before Aden and Belle were an item again, they were strangely suited to each other – they fit together. That was something she envied them, she'd never really fit with anyone on any level. Certainly not her mother, but that was a subject best left alone. Maybe in time she'd fit with her dad, she hoped so. Geez, her thoughts were all over the place. She needed to get a grip, like, now!

“I don't really feel talking at the moment dad.”

“Fair enough, but I'm here if you need me.”

Roman left it there, there was a lot of his traits in his daughter’s personality so pushing her wouldn't help. Backing off and giving her some space was more likely to get him the result he wanted, but he was at a loss as to who could be involved.

They worked in silence for a while, each concentrating on what they were doing. They gave the impression of being completely absorbed in their respective jobs, the opposite was true. After a time, Nicole gave up the fight.

“Geoff!”

Roman, who was crouched down looking in the fridge, looked up.

“Huh?”

“It was Geoff. He was on the beach when I went for that walk...I kissed him.”

Roman promptly overbalanced and landed on his butt with an undignified thud.

*Adopts a head mistress pose*

I've cleared up the questions of Aden's guilt complex (chapter 11) and Nicole's embarrassment (chapter 12). How much more do you expect young lady? *taps foot*

*End of head mistress pose*

It will take some time for the whole Simon/explosion/Aden/Belle conundrum to be cleared up...but here may be some answers about the scar coming soon(ish)

:D

I'm glad you're enjoying it!

*Adopts a head mistress pose*

I've cleared up the questions of Aden's guilt complex (chapter 11) and Nicole's embarrassment (chapter 12). How much more do you expect young lady? *taps foot*

*End of head mistress pose*

It will take some time for the whole Simon/explosion/Aden/Belle conundrum to be cleared up...but here may be some answers about the scar coming soon(ish)

:D

I'm glad you're enjoying it!

"i'm sorry miss!!! i will pay more attention, i should be more greatful" *scared/worried look on face*

see you write such a good fic it just keeps me wanting more and more!!!

OMG! That was just hilarious! I love how you wrote some of it from Geoff's POV so we got his account of what happened.

Love Aden's advice lol... esp his line about bathing lmao!

Roman at the end... hehehe! Poor dude!

Update soooooooooooooooon! I wanna know more more more!

xoxo

Archived