Back to the Future

Guest solaris

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any chance of an update soon? Or is it too early?

:D

xoxo

Having just got home after the worst day in living memory, I'm just sitting down to relax by doing some writing. Expect an update later this evening.

Yay,!!!!

i will be patiently waiting, i hope your day wasn't too bad!

Any chance of an update soon? Or is it too early?

:D

xoxo

Having just got home after the worst day in living memory, I'm just sitting down to relax by doing some writing. Expect an update later this evening.

Yay,!!!!

i will be patiently waiting, i hope your day wasn't too bad!

It was a nightmare! But I feel better now.

Thank you for the comments, please keep them coming :D

Warning - slight language

Chapter 16

“Goodnight Aden.”

Belle's soft words jolted him back to reality, he dipped his head and brushed a kiss against her temple. Belle's kiss landing along his jaw.

“Night babe.”

Belle let her gaze roam over his face again, then ducked inside the beach house and went to her room. Her heart was pounding, it's cadence the one that only Aden had ever induced. Had she not known it before, tonight would have told her that her split with Aden was nearing an end. The link between them was stronger than anything she had ever known, deeper than she had thought possible. They would have to take things slowly, but now that Aden had told her about his past they had a chance. He wasn't hiding from her any more, that was good. Tomorrow she'd tell him about her 'paranoia', they'd decide together what to do. Sending him a quick text to the effect that he'd been right about her covering something and they'd need to talk, she readied herself for bed – knowing that Aden would be in her dreams.

Belle awoke early, unsure as to what had roused her. She got up and looked out of the window, well...tried to...there was a piece of paper stuck to it. Retrieving the paper she unfolded it, it's message was as simple as it was terrifying:

'YOU'LL BOTH PAY'

She stood there, reading and re-reading the three words written in block capitals. Without stopping to think, she dressed and grabbed both the paper and her bag. The next thing she knew, she was pulling up outside Roman's house, with no memory of how she'd got there. She locked the car and sprinted to the door, her hands were shaking as she knocked – loudly. Roman answered the door, with Aden close behind him at the foot of the stairs.

“Belle, what wrong?”

Aden and Roman asked together, Aden moving to the door to see her more clearly.

“God, you're shaking.”

“Bring her inside Aden, something's very wrong here!”

Aden led belle to the couch and sat down, pulling her down next to him. Roman seated himself in the chair.

“Belle, you have to tell us what's wrong. No-one can help you if we don't know what's happened.”

Roman's words were calm, logical and exactly what Belle needed to hear. His tone was one that suggested effortless control, he'd been using that tone a lot lately! Belle dug the paper out of her pocket and handed it to Aden, who cursed fluidly when he saw the contents. He responded to Roman's unspoken censure with regard to his language, by handing him the note.

“Senior Constable Donovan needs to know about this, I'll call him.”

As Roman left the room Aden turned Belle in towards his body hugging her tightly, his hand smoothing her sleep tousled hair. He just held her like that, not saying anything, just letting her feel safe. It wasn't long until there was a sharp rap at the door, Belle's head came up suddenly as she finally took stock of her surroundings. Roman let the police officers in and retuned to his seat.

“I'm sorry for behaving like a deranged idiot.”

“Now you are being silly! You were in shock, you reaction was to be expected.”

The dry humour was back in Roman's voice, eliciting a shadow of a smile from Belle.

“Morning Belle, Aden.”

Senior Constable Mick Donovan hated dealing with situations like this, good people always got hurt either physically or emotionally. In his opinion a swift bullet was the best course of treatment for the scum who did crap like this! However, the law was somewhat more forgiving and he was bound to adhere to it. Belle was still curled into Aden, looking as if she wished she could be miles away, although she probably choose to take Aden with her unless he missed his guess.

“I'm going to need to see the note.”

Belle sat up and nodded, she picked up the note passing it the police officer.

“That's succinct! When did it arrive?”

“It was stuck to my bedroom window this morning, don't know when it got there...any time after I went to bed I guess.”

Constable Nick Parrish, the second officer attending, was convinced that there was more to the story than Belle had told them. He wanted to know what it meant.

“Has Simon been in contact with either of you since the explosion? Do either of you know what this is referring to?”

Both Aden and Belle shook their heads, but something was niggling Belle.

“I thought someone was watching me on Tuesday, I was working and heard a noise. At the time I dismissed it as being an animal, but I've not been able to shake the feeling that maybe it wasn't. I'm sorry Aden, that's what I wanted to talk to you about.”

“I'm too worried to get mad at you, Belle...what if something had happened?”

Mick Donovan stood up, there wasn't much more he could do here and he needed to check Belle's window for prints. He wasn't about to push any sensitive issues here, he fully believed that if either of them knew then they'd say something

“We'll be leaving now, I want both of you to stay alert and if possible try and avoid secluded places when you're alone. If there's any hint of something being off, I want to know about it...is that clear?”

They both assured him of their co-operation and he left, they were both sensible kids and he was confident that they'd keep him informed. What he was less confident about was his ability to catch the scum responsible, at least before someone else got hurt.

By the time Roman had shown the officers out, Belle had called Irene to tell her where she was – and why she'd left so early. Aden had made drinks for all of them and they sat down again, feeling considerably better than they had earlier.

“What happens now?”

Aden's question focused the attention of all three, it also served to highlight the fact that there wasn't much anyone could do.

“You go to school and Belle goes to work, both of you take a great deal of care and you both put the police on speed dial.”

Aden wanted object but knew it was useless, they couldn't stop living because of what might happen. He'd tried that route in the past and the results had not been good.

“I have to go or I'll be late, I need to shower, change and get my kit as well.”

He wanted to argue but didn't, it was a fight he wouldn't have a chance of winning.

“Meet me at the diner after work? Please text me often, I'll text you as well.”

Belle acquiesced with a smile, she's have been in touch anyway...to check on him! As she opened the door, she turned to face Aden.

“We still need to talk, I was thinking about some things last night...we need to discuss them. Don't worry...I think you'll enjoy this chat.”

She brushed a kiss over the corner of - a very confused - Aden's mouth, closing the door carefully as she left.

“What was that all about?”

Aden turned as Roman spoke to him.

“I honestly don't have the faintest I idea, but I hope she tells me later. I've gotta get ready for school.”

Nicole was ready to leave just as Aden came back downstairs, she'd somehow managed to sleep through the earlier commotion and her dad had had to fill her in. She was pre-occupied anyway, her lunch break and free period straight afterwards were both assigned to her English assignment. That of course meant that she would be working with Geoff, not something she was looking forward to. If he'd given any indication that her kiss had affected him she'd be happier, but he still hadn't said anything! What was she going to do? It galled her that he had apparently dismissed it so easily but it was more than that, she wanted him to have liked it...to like her. Lord help her, she had a crush on the Bible boy!

“Ready to go?”

Nicole nearly went though the ceiling when Aden spoke, she'd been miles away.

“Uh, yeah...sure.”

“I'll walk in with you if you don't mind, I've been after having a proper chat with you for a while now.”

Nicole barely stifled a groan at the sight of the bad boy smirk, but she couldn't hide the blush that rose at the thought of their conversation.

Archived