Back to the Future

Guest solaris

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the comments :D

Here's another chapter for you to enjoy, this is a nice one so enjoy it while you can.

Chapter 17

By the time Aden and Nicole reached their destination, he was openly laughing and she was ready to kill him – or at least gag him. How had the cocky, irritating, pain in the neck she shared house space with managed to remember every single detail about her and Geoff? During their walk she had been reminded of her 'bible boy' comments, her stated opinion of his personality and her commentary of his dress sense. Then of course he'd moved on to the kiss, with a judicial reminder that she had initiated it!

“Morning Nic”

“WHAT?”

Geoff looked at Nicole is surprise as she shouted at him, she wasn't usually that bad.

“All I said was 'morning', you ok? You seem a bit on edge!”

“Oh, I wouldn't worry about Nicole mate,”

Aden's comment was a sardonic drawl, one that grated on Nicole's nerves in a major way.

“She seems to have her panties in a knot about something today...enjoy working on your assignment together.”

having delivered his last statement with a smirk that really made her want to hit him, Aden sauntered off to class. Nicole apologised for snarling, offering the explanation that Aden had been winding her up all the way to school. Geoff's laugh was soft.

“I wouldn't worry about it, he's like that with most people...even Belle – or at least he used to be. I don't know what's happening with those two lately. I'll see you at lunch., bye”

Nicole raised her hand in a half hearted wave, antsy seemed to be giving way to despondent. She didn't like that feeling either, she was a mess.

By lunchtime, no fewer than half a dozen text messages had passed between Belle and Aden. Belle was office based for the day editing pictures, she was actually glad she didn't have to be out in the wilds on her own – a sentiment that Aden had shared. For his part, Aden had confessed to annoying Nicole on the way to school, Belle's pithy response that what goes around comes around had made little impact. He could be impossible at times! She was also looking forward to the end of her workday, her overdue talk with Aden was drawing closer and she was glad. She needed to tell him how she felt, bottling feeling up was a bad idea as h=she knew only too well. A quick thought was spared for Nicole and Geoff, but she had her own issues to focus on at the moment and both parties were big enough to take care of themselves. Well...so you would have thought!

“I can't believe that you've made it 17 years old without some challenging your outdated, repressed, hyper-religious nonsense! You take moral high ground to a whole new level!”

“At least I try to follow a defined moral code, most of your opinions support the theory that you wouldn't know a moral if it was stood in front of you...”

Geoff and Nicole's study session had descended into an argument for the fifth time (at least), it was one thing having opposing views but this was crazy.

“Enough!”

Geoff brought a halt to the proceedings...again.

“We're getting nowhere, all you seem to want to do is disagree on principle. It's not as if we can't write this from opposing views! I know you can be pretty head strong but you're not usually like this, what's wrong?”

“Why must there be anything wrong? Maybe I'm just in a bad mood?”

Geoff turned in his seat to face her more fully, his opinion of her response clearly telegraphed on his expressive face. Employing a wait and see tactic, he just sat there...watching her. Eventually she dropped her head onto her arms where they were resting on the desk, her shoulders sagging.

“I'm sorry, I've been a bitch!”

“I won't disagree, but I'd like to know what's wrong. Talking can help.”

Nicole lifted her head, Geoff was watching her as if she was the only focus of his attention. He was concerned and that warmed her, she couldn't remember the last time that a man other than her dad had been concerned for her. He deserved answers, even if he probably run a mile after getting them.

“You want the truth? Ok, I'll tell you! It's the kiss, it's been bugging me since it happened. I don't know why I did it, I don't know how you feel about it, you haven't given me any kind of response, all you've been is normal Geoff as if it never happened and...”

Geoff stopped the list the only way he could think of, he kissed her. It was soft kiss and a little hesitant, but no platonic kiss between friends.

“You could have tried talking to me Nic.”

Just then the bell went for class, they both had to be somewhere else.

“C...can we talk sometime...please?”

Geoff had never seen this side of Nicole before, never seen her so unsure. He nodded and smiled, a full – if slightly shy – smile that drew an answering smile from her.

The final bell went signalling the end of the school day. In the general mele that ensued, Geoff didn't see Aden approaching him so the clap on his back nearly felled him.

“Hey Geoff, you obviously survived the study session then.”

“Hmm, not that we managed to agree on much...I think the next session will be more productive though. I'm outta here.”

Aden watched the younger boy leave, Geoff was definitely changing. He was more confident and less easy to rile, but as good as that clearly was...it made digging for information more difficult. Sending Belle another text, he headed for the diner.

Belle sat up straight and then stretched, she'd been photo editing all day and she was stiff. Aden had been true to his word, a regular stream of massages had come her way and she'd reciprocated. Now, however, it was time to leave the safely of the lab and go home. Deciding that delaying tactics wouldn't help anyone, she sided her things and hurried to her car. She made a rapid appraisal for any obvious tampering – ok, so she was paranoid - , then drove back to the beach house. After a quick shower and a change of clothes, she walked to the diner to meet Aden. As she entered she saw him tucked into a corner, his books in front of him. A small smile curved her mouth as she thought of the talk they needed to have, she just hoped that she hadn't misread the signs.

Aden looked up as Belle slid into the seat opposite him, she looked different. Studying her for a few moments, he realised that her make-up was softer – she wasn't hiding behind it as she had been for weeks.

“Hey gorgeous”

His greeting was soft and a bit flirty, only the smile in his eyes betraying the truth of how much he meant it.

“Hey yourself, good day?”

He shrugged, the one shoulder shrug that always caused her tummy to flip.

“It was ok, nothing especially good but nothing especially bad either. I am, however, curious about this talk you wanted to have. Is it one we can have here or should we go somewhere else?”

Just then anarchy descended on the diner, or so it seemed. The place went from reasonably quiet to packed in what seemed like seconds. Belle glanced around and looked at Aden, he packed his books without comment and they left together. They headed back to Roman's place, both Roman and Nicole were going be at the diner all evening so they'd have the house to themselves.

“Juice?”

Belle nodded, taking her shoes off and curling up on the couch. It felt strange coming here to talk instead of the beach house, but with Annie, Melody and Geoff there it was going to be anything but private. Aden put two glasses of juice on the table and joined Belle on the couch, turning to face her.

“So, what is this about?”

“You, me, us, where we go from here.”

“How...how do you mean 'where we go from here'? Are you saying you don't want anything to do with me at all now? I mean, you said I'd like this chat but if that's what this is...”

Belle put her finger across his lips to gently silence him. She shook her head slightly as she listened to Aden, who had managed to completely misunderstand what she was trying to say.

“Aden, stop. You're thinking the worst instead of letting me finish. I don't want to end all contact, far from it. The last few days, spending time with you again, it's been good. Even with all the drama and the note and the weirdness, you've been the one good thing through it all.”

Belle paused, trying to control her emotions which were starting to get the better of her. Aden had sat back, not panicking like he had initially but rather looking confused instead.

“So, what are you saying? I mean...we've been hanging out a bit as friends but...what? What now?”

Belle smiled, she lifted her hand to his face and skimmed his cheek before running her fingers into his thick hair. She let her hand travel through his hair and down to his neck, allowing it to come to rest on his chest.

“What I'm trying to say and not doing very well at is...erm...I'd like us to get back together. We'd have to take things slowly, for any number of reasons, but if you'd like to...”

It was Aden's turn to silence Belle with a finger across her lips, there were tears in his eyes and a look of awe on his face.

“Are you serious? You'd like to give us another chance? Even with the stuff that's happened – both my past and ours?”

He couldn't believe what he was hearing, it was his most private wish but he'd never dared dream it could really happen. He'd planned to try, but still...wow. Belle nodded, it was the only response he had a chance to make as Aden wrapped her in a hug. The words he muttered into here hair were incomprehensible, she could feel the dampness of his tears at her temple, but she returned the hug – this was right.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

WWWWWWWWWWWAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Adelle are back together :wub: YAY!!! i love this fic!!!!!

that has made my day, woop woop

update soon

Wow and lmao and Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

wwwwwwwwwwww!

Is that enough?! xoxo

Archived