Back to the Future

Guest solaris

Explosion?! So what's that about now? I'm guessing that's how they were almost killed but what's this secret that Aden has to tell Belle?

Btw, when is this FF set? Before or after the OC?

Update soon. An awesome cliffy... I hope we learn more!

Although I'm using some aspects of the show, I'm not using all of it. The OC as such doesn't come into this fic...I'm having far to much fun finding my own cliffs to dangle my readers off of :D

Age wise, the characters are roughly where they are in the show.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok so you need to update like... NOW. what explosion?? what secret?? too many unanswerd questions :o

P.S you just update when you can!!!

I've got a couple more updates almost ready to go (I love bank holidays - I get so much time to write) , but aren't you going to be missing for a couple of days? who knows what I'll have come up with by then?

*Laughs evilly*

Clever writing giving us that 'explosion' titbit! I really want to find out what happened!!!! When are you gonna tell us, please let it be the next chapter!!!!!! Please update soon cos i am loving this sooo much!!!

There may be a few answers in the next chapter...

ok so you need to update like... NOW. what explosion?? what secret?? too many unanswerd questions :o

P.S you just update when you can!!!

I've got a couple more updates almost ready to go (I love bank holidays - I get so much time to write) , but aren't you going to be missing for a couple of days? who knows what I'll have come up with by then?

*Laughs evilly*

thats sooo evil!!

you could update tonight or tomorrow morning just brfore i go. give me something to think about while i am 'missing'

you fanfic authors the power goes to your head!

explosion,secrets, criminal charges OMG this is great stuff! Please tell me you write for a living or something talen like that shouldnt go to waste!

Please update soon tho this suspense is killing me after just getting over the olympic cliffhanger this isnt good for my health lol

Well, here we are again with another chapter. I'm glad people are enjoying reading it

In answer to a query about my writng, no I don't write professionally...I'm actually a scientist!

Time to settle down and fasten your seatbelts, the leading edge of the storm is about to hit and there will be turbulance ahead for the next couple of chapters at least!

Warning - this chapter contains significant references to child abuse

Chapter 9

“Hey there gorgeous!”

Belle looked up to see Aden stood next to her, he was in the process of stripping off his shirt.

“What do you think you're doing?”

The familiar teasing smirk was back with a vengeance, he settled himself next to her and lounged back onto his elbows. This was the Aden she'd fallen for, a confusingly irritating mix of cocky and sensitive that made him just a little bit unpredictable at the best of times.

“Just showing you what you're missing, wouldn't want you to forget now would I?!”

Belle's gaze turned searching, when he started acting like this he was inevitably covering something up. Usually it something that he needed to talk about but didn't really want to. There was only one thing she could think of at the moment which came into that category! She sat up and closed her book, if they were going to have that talk then it would need her undivided attention.

“Why are you really here Aden? I know it's not to remind about your body, so you can drop that pretence. What is it you really want to talk about?”

Aden put his shirt back on, she could read him like a book and he knew it. He'd probably over done the distraction stunt anyway – and not for the first time.

“How is it you always know when I'm trying to avoid an issue?”

“Avoid an issue? Aden, you start acting out like an over excited toddler. You couldn't be more obvious if you tried! So, is this a conversation for the beach or shall we take it somewhere more private?”

There was no way Aden wanted to have any part of this chat in a public area, the thought of being overheard made him ill. He indicated that privacy would be better so they headed to the beach house, straight to Belle's room. She didn't mess about, choosing instead to get straight to the point of why they were here.

“We seem to have the house to ourselves, so this is about as private as we're going to get. Are we about to start on that talk? The one about the explosion and it's fallout?

Aden laughed bitterly, shaking his head.

“I almost wish we were, but no!”

He sat cross-legged on the bed facing her, trying to prepare for what would probably be the toughest thing he had ever done. Belle was sat with her back against the headboard, her knees were tucked up to her chest in her usual position. Aden found it oddly comforting, they'd sat like this for hours on end before everything had gone so wrong. He'd teased her about anything he could think of, whilst she'd retaliated by throwing pillows at him. Usually they'd ended up with her wrapped up in his arms, just enjoying being together. She'd been the most amazing girlfriend he could ever have hoped to find, now he had to risk everything to have a chance at a future. Belle just sat and waited, whatever this was about it was clearly difficult for him.

“Did you ever wonder why we never took thing further...physically I mean?”

Belle jumped when he spoke, she'd been so absorbed with watching the expressions chasing across his face that she hadn't expected him to speak.

“Sure, I thought about it. I just figured that you weren't ready to take that step, so I respected that and didn't make it an issue.”

Aden nodded absently, his thoughts more focussed on what was to come. Was there any chance of her still respecting him after this?

“You were right, kind of. I wasn't ready!”

Belle had to lean forwards slightly to hear him, his voice was quiet and filled with tears he was refusing to shed. She stayed silent.

“You know that my grandfather moved in with me, my dad and my brother don't you? After my mom died and dad went off the rails?”

Belle nodded, wondering where this was going. She knew it wasn't going to be anywhere good.

“He was this huge war hero, so respected and admired by people. They didn't know him!”

Aden looked up at Belle, he was losing the battle with his tears but she wasn't running as he'd feared she would so he carried on. Belle sat and listened with mounting horror at the picture Aden was painting with his words, a picture she couldn't have foreseen in her worst nightmares. As she listened, Aden told her how his grandfather had abused his position of trust within their home. How he had gone to both Aden's and his brother's rooms when their father was out, the things he'd said and the things he had done. The description was of a childhood destroyed, of innocence stolen at the hands of a man they had loved and trusted.

“I wanted to tell you but I couldn't. I felt so ashamed, so dirty...I...I felt like I didn't deserve someone...someone like you.”

They were both crying now, both having long since given up fighting the tears. Belle could hardly believe what he'd told her, it made her ill to think of a young boy being violated in such a way. How could his grandfather have done that to him? What kind of man would force the ultimate physical violation, the ultimate degradation, on any child? Never mind their own grandson! She dug his hand out from where he had them clasped and held it tight, offering what comfort she could. He looked up at her face again, his eyes still drenched with free flowing tears.

“My dad knew, Belle! He knew what was happening and he...”

The sentence remained unfinished as Aden started to sob uncontrollably, Belle wrapped him in a hug burying her face in his neck and held him while he cried. She offered a safe haven for him to cry out the grief, pain, betrayal, humiliation and God only knew what other emotions. Trying to sort though her own feelings, Belle remembered the scar on Aden's back. His reaction to her touching it, even by accident. Had his grandfather been physically abusive as well as sexually? But this wasn't the time for questions, that time would come later after the storm of emotion had settled. Aden pulled back from Belle's hug and scrubbed his eyes with his hands, attempting to control the tears. He wasn't quite finished yet and if he didn't tell her now, he might never have the courage again.

“I can't escape it Belle, it haunts me. Sometimes I still wake up in the middle of the night, I can feel his hands on my body. I...I know what...what's going to happen next...but...but I can't stop it.”

He broke down again and Belle held him as tightly as he held her, stroking his hair and murmuring re-assurances. She guided him so that his head was on a pillow, his arms were still wrapped around her. At some point the tears stopped, Aden had cried himself to sleep.

Later that evening, Senior Constable Donovan called by the beach house to see if Irene knew where Belle was. She hadn't seen either Belle or Aden since they'd left the diner, separately, that afternoon.

“It's important that I speak to them Irene, can you check if Belle's in please?”

Irene agreed to check and knocked softly on Belle's door, there was no response. She called her name and when there was still no answer, opened the door quietly. The sight that greeted her was of Belle and Aden fast asleep in a tangle of covers and limbs, she also new teenagers well enough to know when they'd been crying. She closed the door as quietly as she'd opened it so as not to wake them.

“Aden and Belle are both in Belle's room but they are both asleep, can this wait until the morning?”

Archived