Madeline McCann

Guest ~Angel~

I actually heard something on the radoi this afternoon that saidpolice were interviewing a person that lived down the road from her and he was suspicious.

But that was at like 4pm. I havnt heard any since then

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^ Yeah, they were interviewing someone yesterday who lives in an appartment about 200 yards away from where she was abducted. He's an odd character because he was only reported to the police after journalists became suspicious of his behaviour because he was seen hanging around the scene of the crime and talking to the police officers and telling people that he had been doing translation work between the McCann family and the police. He was later released by the police.

However, there has been more breaking news today that a British man has been arrested in conjunction with Madeleine's disappearance. But, there's, as yet, no sign of the little girl. :(

Are they 100% sure that she got taken and didn't just get lost looking for her mum and dad?

But the appartment door was locked, and the intruder got in through the window with the help of an array of tools. So I doubt she could've got out.

^^ Yeah, they were interviewing someone yesterday who lives in an appartment about 200 yards away from where she was abducted. He's an odd character because he was only reported to the police after journalists became suspicious of his behaviour because he was seen hanging around the scene of the crime and talking to the police officers and telling people that he had been doing translation work between the McCann family and the police. He was later released by the police.

However, there has been more breaking news today that a British man has been arrested in conjunction with Madeleine's disappearance. But, there's, as yet, no sign of the little girl. :(

Could someone tell me were the news is about the arrest, ive looked on the internet and can't find anthing? thanx

Could someone tell me were the news is about the arrest, ive looked on the internet and can't find anthing? thanx

Hmm, it seems the news stations have been getting a bit confused. I read here that an unnamed man, thought to be the previously released Robert Murat, has been given the Portuguese status of an "arguido" (suspect). The website says that under Portuguese law, arrests can only been made once arguido status has been confirmed, although no arrest has been made yet. So, I think what's been said is that the fact that this British person has been given this status indicates that an arrest could be imminent.

I hope this clears things up.

I still don't understand why they left Madeleine on her own? The place they were staying at had facilities for young children [within the resort]so that if a couple wanted to eat on their own they could place their child[ren] in "care"; as opposed to leaving them on their own in a hotel room. That was a school boy error on the parents' part. They were playing with fate when they decided to leave their kids on their own and fate won.

Im not condonning the parents behaviour for one second (Im young-havent got children but wouldn't do it) but the restaurant was apparantly in sight of the appartment and they probably just thought the children are sleeping so they didn't want to move them. The fact is Praia da Luz is considered extemely safe, yes it was wrong but the restaurant was so close and the place was safe (they shouldn't have do it) but as far as i am concerned the main thing is getting madeline back safe. I am sure Kate and Gerry are blaming themselves. But the person who took maddie should be to blame now as Kate and Gerry are going through enough. I really hope she's ok

I'm sure the parents are seriously regretting leaving the children alone but I don't know that it would have made much difference. It seems that maybe Madeleine was a target and the abductor(s) just took this opportunity to get at her. I'm sure they would have found another if they were so determined.

The thing that's annoying me right now is the news. The national news anyway. All they seem to do is slag off the Portuguese police in their effort to find the little girl. What good is this doing? Ok, so they might not do things the way they're done in Britain but this doesn't mean it's the wrong way. I'm sure they're taking the case extremely seriously and doing everything they can to find Madeleine. Slating their efforts is not going to bring her back.

I just hope that this little girl is found safe and well. I have a daughter the same age as her and the thought of losing her, it terrifies me. I can't imagine what the parents are going through but it must be the worst time of their life.

Archived