Madeline McCann

Guest ~Angel~

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My gosh. I really hope her parents aren't involved in this.

But the whole renting the car 25 days after she went missing thing confuses me. IF they did, itprobably means that they hid her for what? 25 days somewhere... and then rented a car and drove her somewhere. Or something close to that anyway.

BUT if it wasn't them, then don't you find it completely coincidental that they rented the EXACT same car as the person who took her?

Or maybe this was planned by her parents and someone else right from the start.

But this case is really quite absurd.

But the whole renting the car 25 days after she went missing thing confuses me. IF they did, itprobably means that they hid her for what? 25 days somewhere... and then rented a car and drove her somewhere. Or something close to that anyway.

BUT if it wasn't them, then don't you find it completely coincidental that they rented the EXACT same car as the person who took her?

They rented the car weeks after she went missing.

I really don't think it's her parents, to be honest. And all this stuff about her parents being named as suspects - correct me if I'm wrong, but being named as an arguido in Portuguese law just means that the people involved in the case have legal protection against having to answer questions, and the like. So, a lot of people voluntarily come forward as arguidos - I didn't think it was like being named as a suspect here. I guess they have to exhaust all lines of enquiry, too. This little girl has been missing for over one hundred days and she hasn't been found and there's been no significant leads in the enquiries, so they need to cover all bases.

I also think that if a parent is going to do something so heinous as to kill their own child (although I don't think for a minute that Kate and Gerry did), then why do it on holiday? If you look back at past notorious criminals, they committed their crimes in secrecy. It just seems a bit odd that two parents on holiday would murder their little girl and then stay out there while they're being hounded by the press and go to so much trouble to organise these massive international publicity campaigns. It just doesn't add up.

janice514 - My parents used to leave my younger sisters and I in our holiday appartment when we were younger. If that alone is a reason for considering the parents to have murdered their daughter, then every parent who has ever had a missing child should be questioned and charged because they too left their children alone for that period in which they were snatched.

I also think that if a parent is going to do something so heinous as to kill their own child (although I don't think for a minute that Kate and Gerry did), then why do it on holiday? If you look back at past notorious criminals, they committed their crimes in secrecy. It just seems a bit odd that two parents on holiday would murder their little girl and then stay out there while they're being hounded by the press and go to so much trouble to organise these massive international publicity campaigns. It just doesn't add up.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that they planned to murder her. The suspicion is that it was an accident which they then covered up.

I'm not for a moment suggesting anything here, obviously I'm only speculating like everyone else, but there is a syndrome (similar to but not exactly the same as Munchausen's Syndrome, where people fake illness in themselves or somone close to them - particularly their children - in order to gain attention) where mothers accidentally kill their child and then go into such extreme denial that they totally believe they haven't done it. A typical feature of the condition is that they go to extreme lengths to try to discover the 'truth' about what happened, campaigning and so forth. It's a terrible thing to consider, but it's something the police have to think about.

They rented the car weeks after she went missing.

I really don't think it's her parents, to be honest. And all this stuff about her parents being named as suspects - correct me if I'm wrong, but being named as an arguido in Portuguese law just means that the people involved in the case have legal protection against having to answer questions, and the like. So, a lot of people voluntarily come forward as arguidos - I didn't think it was like being named as a suspect here. I guess they have to exhaust all lines of enquiry, too. This little girl has been missing for over one hundred days and she hasn't been found and there's been no significant leads in the enquiries, so they need to cover all bases.

janice514 - My parents used to leave my younger sisters and I in our holiday appartment when we were younger. If that alone is a reason for considering the parents to have murdered their daughter, then every parent who has ever had a missing child should be questioned and charged because they too left their children alone for that period in which they were snatched.

Yeah, that's what I find so coincidental. The car's been used, been returned, 25 days later, the McCann's gone and rented the exact same car.

Archived