Madeline McCann

Guest ~Angel~

This is so awful, every parents nightmare. Everyone I know keeps their kids very close, including me, and when anyone says to me 'aren't you an overprotective parent?' I just say 'Madeleine McCann' and they realise.

Wouldn't it be a miracle if she was suddenly found somewhere alive? Someone in Austria was found alive after 8 years, weren't they? Here's hoping.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is so awful, every parents nightmare. Everyone I know keeps their kids very close, including me, and when anyone says to me 'aren't you an overprotective parent?' I just say 'Madeleine McCann' and they realise.

My parents were really protective of me and my sister when 2 Belgian girls, Julie and Melissa, were kidnapped in the 90s. I remember my friends' parents were like that too. And I'm pretty sure I would be really protective of my children if I was a parent. There are some crazy people out there. <_<

I remember watching a documentary about that and it was quite laughable how the police were down in the cellar investigating and apparently heard shouts and screams, but apparently ignored them or something, for a beuarcratic reason.

I think some neighbours heard screams too and told the police about it but for some reason, they didn't investigate or ignored it. I don't remember everything. It all happened about 13 years ago. I still remember the images when they found the two girls who survived though.

I just hope Maddie isn't going through something similar and that whoever took her is treating her well.

• 1 month later...

I'm was quite tempted to go out and look for her myself when I heard the prize fund available on the radio tonight.

Yeah, Cal. That was exactly what my Mam and Dad were thinking...

Sorry to drag up old posts but I've only just read.

Anyway I think anybody would do it because they weren't far away at all and the kids were sleeping .They were being checked on at regular intervals but I guess whoever took her were watching and waiting until the last time they were checked on so knew exactly when to pounce. I still can't believe the mystery that is Madeleine Mccan's dissapearance remains unsolved and we are still none the wiser about what actually happened to her or whether she is dead or not. Its truly heartbreaking to think that a child can be snatched from its parents and actually get away with it without being caught out leaving the whole world with the biggest mystery in a long time.

I just wish I knew what happened to her for hers and her family's sake. If she was found dead then I think it would help Gerry and Kate to gain closure on the despair they have been facing these last couple of years.

Then on another note maybe Gerry and Kate aren't at all as innocent as they seem . Sometimes in situations like this they say the answer is closer to home and could have been either Gerry or Kate or maybe one of their friends who were holidaying with them that were involved in her dissapearance. It could have been the biggest cover up ever if she was killed accidentally by one of her parents. You just couldn't know what actually happened to her.

I know that if that was one of my children or one of the children in my family I would be absolutely devastated just thinking where that helpless innocent relative of yours is and whats happened to her. There is a horrible world out there that is filled with sex fiends and all sorts of disgusting individuals that would be into sex trafficking of young children and things like paedophile rings you hear of. For Maddie's parents to have all that running through their minds must be unimaginable and so painful. For all they know their beautiful daughter could have been shipped off to another country (quite easily) to be sold as a sex slave.These things do go on in the world and its easy to bury our hands in the sand and pretend these disgusting things aren't going on when they are.

It just makes me cry whenever I think of that poor little girl who was so innocent and never did anything to anybody is now gone from her family.We don't know where she is or whether she is alive or not but I doknow she should be with her parents and brother and sister. I just pray that she is found alive and well but its hard to keep my hopes up because its looking more and more likely that she is gone forever and in my opinion I think she is long dead. And if she isn't dead then she is out there in some foreign country doing godknows what and will be emotionally and mentally damaged forever. I would rather she is dead and gone than be in a world that treats her like that to be totally honest because she doesn't deserve it . Nobody does.

Sometimes I wonder what kind of place we are living in at all , where these kind of things and more can happen to people.

Madeleine Mccann , always remembered

I feel desperately sorry for them and poor little Madeline, God bless her where ever she is.

But i find it shocking that they thought it was acceptable to leave 3 children under the age of 3 alone in an appartment. There's no words that can say how wrong that is. When you have children you have to accept they're going to change your life and you can't just leave them alone so you can have dinner. You take them with you.

I just read an article about this guy the police suggest could have something to do with her disappearance. The convicted sex offender (who has previously assaulted a young girl, among other crimes) was at the same place as the McCann family when Maddie disappeared, but refuses to reveal exactly where he was staying. He also claims he has people who can provide him with a confirmed alibi, but says he doesn't want to drag those people into it, as he claims he's innocent. Basically he's dying, and doctors say he hasn't got more than a few weeks left to live. At the same time, the man claims his innocent, despite not telling police about his alibi. In addition to it being suspicious that he was at the same place at the same time, the police has also taken notice to the fact that he looks like the man from sketches made based on witness observations related to the disappearance. Also, the man was in Marocco after his visit to Portugal, and during his time in Marocco, a Norwegian woman also staying there reported to the police that she had seen a girl that looked like Maddie.

I've only read the article in Norwegian, and I haven't looked it up elsewhere, so most of you probably won't be able to understand anything, but here's the link to it anyway. And it has the picture of the guy as well as the sketch the witnesses contributed to.

http://www.vg.no/nyheter/utenriks/artikkel.php?artid=576289

• 1 year later...

if i would wanna cross the border i would say another deathtrace beneath the surface never been touched since ... my first thought 2008 was the parents another robot picture could tell maybe whitout being racist could look a bit different by now one detail her hair maybe if thats even an obstacle maybe blonde black inbetween who knows its only a thought :o

But i find it shocking that they thought it was acceptable to leave 3 children under the age of 3 alone in an appartment. There's no words that can say how wrong that is. When you have children you have to accept they're going to change your life and you can't just leave them alone so you can have dinner. You take them with you.

I completely agree with you Kirsty!

NO WAY would i leave my children alone in an apartment, asleep, in a strange country!

No matter how close that restaurant was, i would never do what maddie mccann's parents did!

it was totally irresponsible of the parents!

Archived