Australian Discussion Thread

Frankie

The beginning of this Rachel/Angus storyline is a total rip off of the lucas/naomi storyline. Student meets older person, student lies about age and says they go to university, student and older person hook up, older person turns out to be students new teacher, gets mad at student and wants nothing to do with them.

Could they at least have tried to make it a little bit different?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The beginning of this Rachel/Angus storyline is a total rip off of the lucas/naomi storyline. Student meets older person, student lies about age and says they go to university, student and older person hook up, older person turns out to be students new teacher, gets mad at student and wants nothing to do with them.

Could they at least have tried to make it a little bit different?

They're both soaps so it's possible it happened by mistake. I doubt the Lucas/Naomi storyline was so popular the Neighbours team decided they would copy it. Infact it's likely they storylined this before the Lucas/Naomi storyline even aired.

They're both vaguely similar to real life or at least are trying to base it on the realms of reality hence the resembalance.

The Season Final: way better than last year, way better than Home and Away's this year. BUT ending the year on Thursday night's episode might have been an improvement. It might even have beaten 2004 then. The way it was reminded me of (despite having never seen it) the 2003 Home and Away season final, where the penultimate episode ended with the Sullivans trapped in a mine and the last one ended with them slightly more trapped. See my point?

However, I loved the way it brought four of the six houses together and put almost the entire teen cast in jeopardy. As for the Rachel storyline: I hope this doesn't tarnish Rachel's character the way Home and Away did to Cassie when they paired her with Henk. So far, though, it's turning out better than Cassie and Henk, and Lucas and Naomi. Angus isn't a bad guy, Rachel is being written reasonably consistently, and while I know this will end badly I want it to last a bit, while with Cassie I want her gone forever.

• 1 month later...

You just cant get much more character driven than Neighbours at the moment. I love it!

I'm really impressed with the Zeke/Karl storyline - written so 'true' and with a good deal of thought.

What I'm also so impressed with is that the aftermath of the season cliffhanger has had such a lasting effect, characters are dealing with what has happened to them induvidually, with realism and the writers are paying close attention to details...its all very good stuff!

I hate to see Darren and Libby break up like this: maybe Darren did bring it on himself, but he didn't deserve to be constantly compared to Drew and pushed out of Ben's life either. I really wish they could have just left and been happy. If Libby can't forgive him for this, her fixation with Drew isn't going to change and I don't see what hope

Daniel

is going to have when they get together.

I know, it is crap the way they have ended, and it will be so final too.

I loved how the writers didnt forget Lou and Darren's mateship thre Cheryl. Lou is a great character when they give him people to care about and interact with other than Harold..they need to give him more of a balance rather than the comical stuff taking centre stage.

Could Karl be anymore hipercritical?How many times has he cheated on Susan?!I know it's his daughter but sheesh!h

The nurse who told Carmella visiting hours were over was rather cute but i don't suppose we'll be seeing him again*cries*.

Archived